Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2013, 14:21   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Smoking in school

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
OK so long as it`s on a leash.
And a muzzle!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2013, 14:44   #32
Senior Member+

Not into odaxelgnia then Gordon?
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 14:46   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Well neither is dogging and I haven't seen any signs banning it either.
So it must be OK???
big difference between walking out into a carpark and seeing someone smoking a fag in tehir own car and walking out and seeing someone balls deep into a stranger with her boobs up against the windscreen though surely ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 14:53   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Not into odaxelgnia then Gordon?
Not with an American Pit Bull terrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
big difference between walking out into a carpark and seeing someone smoking a fag in tehir own car and walking out and seeing someone balls deep into a stranger with her boobs up against the windscreen though surely ?
One is a filthy disgusting habit, the other isn't!
Old 22-10-2013, 15:00   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Not with an American Pit Bull terrier!
I remember funnies as well.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 18:42   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Shocking ... kids should be forced to smoke in the bogs as we were.
or behind the bike shed
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 20:53   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
or behind the bike shed
Wouldn't that be a fire risk? naked flames amongst all the used condoms?

Or

Maybe your boys school wasn't like mine and didn't practice safe sex?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 17:52   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
that's funny how can Scotland ban smoking in public places I think saying it is do with the European human rights act is rubbish . misinformed is the word
I think we should just ban Scotland altogether
Old 25-10-2013, 17:57   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
The thing I can never get my head round, never having been a smoker, is seeing patients in wheelchairs, wearing their pyjamas or nighties and dressing gowns, still attached to their drip, sitting in the freezing cold outside the front door of all our hospitals, having a fag! The mind boggles!
Me neither Judith, I was once in hospital with another patient with very severe asthma, one minute he was sat on his bed using a nebulizer, as soon as he'd finished he was stood outside the front door in his PJs with a fag in his gob, the height of stupidity, not to mention the waste of hospital time and resorces
Old 25-10-2013, 18:03   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Wouldn't that be a fire risk? naked flames amongst all the used condoms?

Or

Maybe your boys school wasn't like mine and didn't practice safe sex?
Not too many used condoms behind the old bike shed at Accy Grammar when I was there ... brass was hard to come by; so, guys got more milage out of their condoms by taking them home, washing them carefully, and hanging them on the rack to dry. Re-"cycling" isn't a new idea
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 18:35   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Not too many used condoms behind the old bike shed at Accy Grammar when I was there ...
Hang on, it was an all boys school!
Old 25-10-2013, 21:07   #42
God Member

Quote:
Hang on, it was an all boys school!
at least some of them used condoms though lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 15:38   #43

As far as I remember from when I worked at Hyndburn BC before my retirement, no smoking was allowed even on outdoor sites belonging to the Council. Also, no-one could smoke in a Council van, even if it was parked in a remote location. I also seem to remember that if a Council employee, e.g. Environmental Health Officer, had an appointment to visit a resident in their home, the letter to the resident advising of the appointment would state that no-one was to smoke in the house while the Council Officer was present. I've a feeling it also specified a short time period before the Officer's arrival, perhaps half an hour, when there was to be no smoking in the house. Council employees were also offered smoking cessation classes, I think at Accy Vic, if they wanted to try and give up smoking.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 15:42   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The time scale was actually 1 hour before a visit judith, another example of sheer cheek of the council. was the same if a worker was coming, even if they were smokers themselves.
Old 27-10-2013, 16:59   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
As far as I remember from when I worked at Hyndburn BC before my retirement, no smoking was allowed even on outdoor sites belonging to the Council. Also, no-one could smoke in a Council van, even if it was parked in a remote location. I also seem to remember that if a Council employee, e.g. Environmental Health Officer, had an appointment to visit a resident in their home, the letter to the resident advising of the appointment would state that no-one was to smoke in the house while the Council Officer was present. I've a feeling it also specified a short time period before the Officer's arrival, perhaps half an hour, when there was to be no smoking in the house.
And you don't think this is all kinda dumb? And you don't think this kinda shiite transcends what is reasonable and, well, sane, and has passed onto the plane of small-minded, punitive, zealotory?

Come to think of it, your earlier comment that your mind was in a state of boggledness annoyed me. It was more than a trifle disingenuous. You know darned well why they are out there smoking. You could have said to one of them: "Hi, how's it going, eh" (Well, ok, you would have spoken English instead of Canajan) ... maybe ask the person about an addiction that seems to disorientate your mind.

Maybe, once your brain is under control, you could consider things such as the relationship between poverty and tobacco addiction ... this might lead you to ponder poverty, poor parenting, and lack of education; and how they relate not only to smoking, but also to most other social and political problems. And moving on from there it might be productive to look at real problems rather than at punishing the victims of what still is a legal drug.
Less and cashman like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..