Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2007, 15:57   #1
God Member

Something for the kids ....

I have just got back from taking my kids to a place in Haslingdon.
The place is called ' Run a Mock '

It's a great indoor play area for children. It has a toddler area and also something for the bigger kids.
I didn't see any age restrictions, but they have height restrictions. My 11 year old wasn't too big for the equipment so I am guessing up to about 12 years old may be appropriate.

It also has a cafe area where you can buy food and drinks. The food is lovely and very well priced. They have several leather sofa's for mum's and dad's to relax too.

The prices are £3.00 for the first child and £2.00 for other children. It says this is for 2 hours but as we went to leave after 2 hours we were told we could stay for as long as we liked, not sure if this is just when they are quiet times though but for 2 hours play I thought the price was well worth it.
My youngest enjoyed the football area more and it's all soft balls so it's really very safe.
The staff are plenty and very very friendly. The place has only been open since July, but I can say, the kids enjoyed it and it is very very relaxed for mum's and dad's too.

So parents, if your kids need to burn a little pre-christmas energy off .... I suggest taking the ankle biters to ' Run a Mock ' It's on Carrs Industrial estate in Haslingdon.

They stay open til 6:30pm.

Hope this comes in useful for some of you.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2007, 16:03   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Something for the kids ....

cheers slinks,will tell me daughter about it.
Old 19-12-2007, 17:03   #3
God Member

Thanks slinky, usually take youngsters and grandchildren to old cobblers inn at Rawtenstall, Haslingden is nearer so I imagine we will be giving it a whirl, (well the kids will anyway).
Old 19-12-2007, 17:20   #4
Senior Member+

ooooh, wonder if you get discount if you move in for the holidays?

Thanks slinky, will be trying that out, my lad loves soft play

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 21:13   #5
God Member

Cheers Slinks, We usually use Little Treasures but it will be nice to have a change from time to time

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 21:34   #6
Resident Waffler

That sounds great for people with young kids. Mine used to love things like that when they were small and it sounds very reasonable too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 21:46   #7
God Member

That sounds great, Slinky. Another fab place for people with children under 11 years old is Giddy Kippers in Nelson.....a firm favourite with my two.

Giddy Kippers Party and Play Centre :: Welcome to Giddy Kippers!
Old 19-12-2007, 23:26   #8
Senior Member+

we have places like that up here too, in fact not enough because usually they are jam packed and we have quite a few to choose from, they usually do a parent and toddler morning and also hold birthday parties just ask inside when you go, thats if your interested that is
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 09:12   #9
Senior Member+

As a kid i used to love rumble tumbles in blackburn.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 21:02   #10
God Member

Has anyone tried this place yet??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 16-01-2008, 21:04   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Hiya, Slinky! Where have you been? Not seen you on here for a bit.

My daughter is going to her friend's party at Run A Mok in a couple of weeks.
Old 16-01-2008, 21:08   #12
God Member

Quote:
We went on Sunday. It was hectic. Not enough seating for teh adults, we ended up sharing a table with other parents.

Siobhan loved the climbing frame and dragged both of us on it.

There were a few quite boisterous boys who pushed teh smaller kids out the way but they soon got teh short end of my tounge when they tried with Siobhan.

Food and drink was not that cheap but did look decent quality.

I'll probably go again but not at weekends.

Old 16-01-2008, 21:59   #13

Quote:
I have just got back from taking my kids to a place in Haslingdon.
The place is called ' Run a Mock '

It's a great indoor play area for children. It has a toddler area and also something for the bigger kids.
I didn't see any age restrictions, but they have height restrictions. My 11 year old wasn't too big for the equipment so I am guessing up to about 12 years old may be appropriate.

It also has a cafe area where you can buy food and drinks. The food is lovely and very well priced. They have several leather sofa's for mum's and dad's to relax too.

The prices are £3.00 for the first child and £2.00 for other children. It says this is for 2 hours but as we went to leave after 2 hours we were told we could stay for as long as we liked, not sure if this is just when they are quiet times though but for 2 hours play I thought the price was well worth it.
My youngest enjoyed the football area more and it's all soft balls so it's really very safe.
The staff are plenty and very very friendly. The place has only been open since July, but I can say, the kids enjoyed it and it is very very relaxed for mum's and dad's too.

So parents, if your kids need to burn a little pre-christmas energy off .... I suggest taking the ankle biters to ' Run a Mock ' It's on Carrs Industrial estate in Haslingdon.

They stay open til 6:30pm.

Hope this comes in useful for some of you.

thanks for telling us about it slinky sounds like a good place to take the grandaughters and it seems reasonable priced too.
Old 17-01-2008, 05:12   #14
God Member

BTW, those prices aren't right for weekends. It was £3.50 for Siobhan and IIRC it was £4 if they were over a certain age. NOt sure about midweek

Old 17-01-2008, 17:47   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
BTW, those prices aren't right for weekends. It was £3.50 for Siobhan and IIRC it was £4 if they were over a certain age. NOt sure about midweek
I think it was a Tuesday when we took our boys. The price I said was the price I paid when I went, but they have just opened so it may all change.
I'm surprised you had a problem with the other kids, when we went the owner was very firm but fair with the kids and ensured safety all the time we were there.
I actually thought the food and drinks were fairly priced, but each to their own on that one I think.

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..