Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Summer V Winter
Put another shrimp on the barbie ...... summer 19 67.86%
Where's my hat and scarf ......... winter 9 32.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2005, 20:04   #16
I am Banned

Re: Summer V Winter

Im a summer bird hate being cold hate blaming snow cept for watching it

mmmmm Tinks breakfast at 7am in the garden!??!?!?!? mmmmmmm
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2005, 20:04   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I honestly find it difficult to say there is anything good about winter.

After thinking VERY hard Margaret, the only thing I can think of is the Christmas festive period. I couldn't imagine celebrating Christmas in the middle of summer, Santa Clause in shorts and T-shirt The brightly lit window displays, decorations and trees do manage to lessen the miserable doom and gloom if only for a short while.
Old 27-09-2005, 20:09   #18
God Member

I love both, The stunning sight when you open the curtains to find a good covering of snow is one of my top memories. Then again, sitting out on a lovely summer day with a glass of something cool is also a very relaxing and calming thought. I generally prefer to be cool than hot(the old dears next door call us the Eskimos )but I also really enjoy visiting hot countries.

What I hate is miserable rainy days be them summer or winter.

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 20:11   #19
I am Banned

Another thing i hate about winter & this time of year i always get really ill with some foreign named flu virus that breeds in britain, ive come down with another not yet named one thats leaving me feeling really drained all the time
Old 27-09-2005, 20:13   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
mmmmm Tinks breakfast at 7am in the garden!??!?!?!? mmmmmmm

Yes Miss Mac!! But it's the only time you will see me out of bed at that time in the morning ......... (dark mornings = still night time to me) now you know why my tan is always better than yours !! Next summer I'll get you up so you can join me, it's so peaceful at that time in the morning out in the back garden, just me and the dog we love it!!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 27-09-2005 at 20:15.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 20:19   #21
I am Banned

pmsl that i will have to see from taz's room LOL naaa u know me i just fall asleep when its lovely & warm outside & then pay for it after because ive barbied meself

Ive given up i cant tan anywhere but sunshowers only LOL
Old 27-09-2005, 20:27   #22
Beacon of light

Well, I've done both types of Christmas, and the sunny one at the beach or round the pool IS different......but I think I prefer it. I am not a big fan of Christmas though.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 20:37   #23
I am Banned

the only thing good about winter is xmas & new year, i think it'll be really weird to be in the sunshine at that period of the year, suppose im a traditionalist.
Old 27-09-2005, 20:48   #24
God Member

It was lovely last Christmas....................it snowed on Christmas day and it felt really nice!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 21:10   #25
Accy Goddess

I have to be different.
My fave time of the year is spring.
New growth.
Daffodils.
Not to cold an not to hot.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 21:13   #26
God Member

It pis ...... istently rains all the time in spring Anne?
Old 27-09-2005, 21:34   #27
God Member

I definately prefer winter cannot stand the heat above 18degrees. Gimme winter temps of - 15 degrees anyday of the week.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 21:47   #28
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
the only thing good about winter is xmas & new year, i think it'll be really weird to be in the sunshine at that period of the year, suppose im a traditionalist.
acouple of years ago we went to the carribian in december,,,oh it was great.. singing (the weather outside is shocking.....let it snow,let it snow let it snow...)while we were basking in hot sunshine,, it did seem a bit weird though having your photo taken in shorts with a giant blow up father christmas ,,,and xmas tree,,,,
,i know where i would rather be...........you can keep english winters
Old 27-09-2005, 21:50   #29

We don't really have a decent summer anymore.It's just gets a bit humid and sunny for a few days,then rain,then humid n sunny for a few days.Winter is horrible and depressing,wet,cold,windy and bloody horrible.It's this time of year I keep summat on my feet cuz the spiders start coming in...had 2 big buggers yesterday...ewwww.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 21:51   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

really detest winter, thats why i lived in spain, i'm a seriously frozen buggar.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..