Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2004, 16:46   #16
IMY

Re: (SVEN)Its time to get rid.

ok gud point i know where u r coming 4rm and i do agree if we do pay the most for a manager why should we settle for anything less.... but the game is all about skill aswell as luck, skill we may have but the luck thing is never on our side you can say that with other teams within europe or further out but hey we just arent gud enough we have got good individuals but as a team i do not think tht we gel well together
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2004, 16:47   #17
Senior Member+

Oy Tealeaf calm down mate.This has all come about because of the new rage.MEDIA PROSTITUTION.This tart who has been screwing around is set to make a fortune for 4 minutes ( Standard time with foreplay and a ciggie ).It is welll known that when all the blood in the male body rushes to certain members of the body then all logic ceases to exist.This is however a characteristic male gene.All that is happenning is that Sven is shopwing he is human.If he does get sacked Tealeaf then i will take graet pleasure in putting your name forward to take over his position.When all said and done i like the guy.He helped beat the Germans 5 - 1 on German soil and that is a sight i will never forget as long as i live
Old 06-08-2004, 16:49   #18
Senior Member+

Who would yopu put forward then at this present time.Kenny Dalglish?
Old 06-08-2004, 16:53   #19
God Member

Quote:
we have got good individuals but as a team i do not think tht we gel well together
IMY - You just put forward a great argument for sacking the guy. Not what I was expecting from someone supporting him

Last edited by KIPAX; 06-08-2004 at 16:54.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 16:57   #20
IMY

i knw i knw am just sayin what i think if he does go i think martin o'neil should be given a chance but hey am sure you will think of reasons as to why he should not be given the chance kenny mayb but he has bin out for a while now hasnt he ??
Old 06-08-2004, 17:02   #21
God Member

Quote:
i think martin o'neil should be given a chance but hey am sure you will think of reasons as to why he should not be given the chance
Why do you say that? someone will always find a reason for someone not to do somehting.... but why would you say it about oniel and not kenny D
Old 06-08-2004, 17:07   #22
IMY

i was regarding tht as to ur own opinions as well everyones elsez as we all have our own views dnt we kipax ?? regarding who sud b the nxt Eng mamager if sven does go. u feelin ok ???
Old 06-08-2004, 17:13   #23

Eh? I put forward a great arguement in the defence of Sven versus the track record of the previous English managers over the last decade - and all you can do Tealeaf is pick up on maybe the most unimportant sentence out of the entire 'essay'. I live on the planet of 'presenting sound reasoning', unlike the inhabitants of 'throwaway jokey comment' - a small inconsequential planet in the galaxy of 'havn't got a ****ing clue'! ;-) You know I enjoy this bickering!

Still haven't heard any solution or alternatives? O'Neil is N.Irish and wouldn't have the support of Kipax or Tealeaf so thats a non starter, same goes for Daglish (Scottish, obviously).
Old 06-08-2004, 17:13   #24
God Member

why are you asking me if I am feeling alright., I hope your not being insulting? This is a conversation about sven as manager.. please dont insult me for joining in... I simply ask why you think we will find reasons not to have oniel but not with kenny.. nothing more ... if you cannot understand or follow that then fair enough.. but asking me if i am feeling ok? whats that all about?
Old 06-08-2004, 17:16   #25

Stop being such a girl Kipax. On another thread not so long ago (an hour) you inferred that I had half a brain, and asked if I needed paper and crayons to explain it to me before telling me not to have a heart attack.....not insulting?........oh, the double standards!
Old 06-08-2004, 17:22   #26
God Member

ceejach... what the hell has it got to do with you exactly? your now the savior of all on accyweb are you... is it your intention to read my every post to see if i say something that you find contradicts somehting else?

i dont recall anyone dying and putting you in charge
Old 06-08-2004, 17:30   #27

All I saying is that you dish out enough insulting comments yourself! What is has to do with me is that I have been on the receiving end of your 'insulting' comments before and then when I reply in a similar vein I get accused of being insulting! I dont really take offence at any comments that come my way (unless someone is really wanting to call me a tw*t or whatever) I just take it as harmless bickering and banter, as do the majority on here I think. Only on this thread Tealeaf said that Millie the cat had more brains than I do - hey, its just banter and I found it funny myself. ;-)
Old 06-08-2004, 17:40   #28
God Member

If your not insulted and dont take offence (as indeed none is ever intended) then why feel the need to jump on your white horse and come to other peoples rescue. Whatever i said wasnt directed at you.. had nothing to do with you and wasnt in my opinion even slightly offending to anyone.... yet here you came charging in taking me to task about it....

It wasnt any of your business.
Old 06-08-2004, 17:57   #29

Its not coming to other peoples rescue on my white horse, but thanks for attributing the chivalry to me!

You said yourself that you dont intend any offence, doesn't this extend to comments in reply to yourself though?

Perhaps the above was nothing to do with me - but you must understand that it is quite vexing when I take your 'insulting' comments in jest then reply in the same jocular manner only to be told that I am being offensive?!
Old 07-08-2004, 02:33   #30
Senior Member+

I think its time as England fans to get in the real world, as a footballing nation we are second rate, we have won nothing since 66 and we still live on the fact that as world cup winners we are something special well since 66 Brazil has won it 3 times,Germany twice,Italy and France Not England as for the European Championships its a joke but we can always blame the manager, not the players who are overpaid underachivers or the FA who couldnt organise a **** up in a brewery or even the managers of clubs who wont release their players for friendlys, if you look at the last 10 friendlys that England played only 7 players from a squad of 22 actualy were available to play thats real team bonding, imagine sir scum not having players available before the season started. As for English or foreign who has the credentials no English manager has won anything abroad since Bob Paisley, Robsons to old, Venables look what he did to Leeds, I heard that Micky Mouse still wears a Terry Venables watch, so if we are going to have a foreigner then at least Sven is keeping his end up for England we could of course get Souness then he could blame all the players.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..