Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2004, 15:11   #1

(SVEN)Its time to get rid.

The English manager is once again making the headlines for all the wrong reasons.How can any England fan respect what this so called swedish soccer brain does or says any more.
Since his appointment the England team have done nothing,it as been negative and boring football,this man was brought in to build a winning team,
in my opinion things have got worse since his appointment and no wonder,
he seems to spend more time getting the tactics right in bed,lets get rid
before it gets a lot worse. :engsmil:
accyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2004, 15:35   #2
God Member

Re: (SVEN)Its time to get rid.

Should never have appoited him IMHO ... Appoint an Englishman .. So what if we havent got the best in the world. Can't be helped. The whole concept of the English team is ENGLAND! not Sweden.

I would like to see England win the World cup.. even non football fans would.. But it simply wouldn't be the same if we won it with a forgeign manager. Dunno why but it just seems like cheating the system
Old 25-07-2004, 19:32   #3
Senior Member+

Come on.Slow down there.Biggest beating of a German national side on their own soil.The games we have won well outnumber the games we have lost.How many Englishmen would have taken over the managerial side of things.Look at the youth he has brought in and before it was always the same people all the time.Sven brings in new blood on a regular basis giving them experience on an international basis.Keegan took the best goal scorer to Belgium and never played him.Would we have said anything if our Rugby team had had an Australian manager.I think not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 26-07-2004, 08:07   #4

Sven is not responsible for what the newspapers write. He has his ups and downs in his personal life just like the rest of us - only he has got the hoardes of journalists reporting on his everyday goings-on.

Quite right - there are no Englishmen qualified enough to do the job apart from Robson (Bobby) and Venables, but they are both out of the equation. I couldn't care less if the manager was foreign as long as we do well.
Old 06-08-2004, 14:18   #5
IMY

I agree with ceejache that svens own private life is his own business and does not have anything to do with others, the only reason it is being highlighted is the fact that he is the manager of the English footy team other wise no one would care less what he got up to and with whom....

as long as he is doing the business on the field which in my opinion he is doing he should carry on but with all this pressure we will just have to see what comes out of all this.....
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 14:44   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejache
Quite right - there are no Englishmen qualified enough to do the job apart from Robson (Bobby) and Venables, but they are both out of the equation. I couldn't care less if the manager was foreign as long as we do well.
This is b*ll*cks CJ and you know it is. The 70 year old one eyed & one-legged schizo dosser with 2 cans of special brew I just encountered could do a better job than that Swedish plonker...he's taking the p*ss out of England & the FA and how do we reward him? With 14 million quid PLUS bonus if he manages to get any decent results...and apart from one fluke he's had sod-all so far. If we don't get rid of him, what will we get other than more excuses to justify his pathetic mediocrity in 2006, 2008....... we certainly won't get any trophys, thats for certain.

Why is'nt this thread in the footy section, anyway? Come on, moderator...wake up and do your job....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 14:47   #7

Well said Tealeaf even Millie the cat agrees with you...
accyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 14:57   #8
God Member

Your cats got more sense than CJ
Old 06-08-2004, 14:58   #9
God Member

..And Millie could probably do a better job than Sven...
Old 06-08-2004, 15:21   #10

Aah Tealeaf we meet again......!

Perhaps you could tell me how being 70, with one eye and one leg is detrimental to a persons coaching/management of a football team? Schizophrenia and drunkeness may well be a problem however (though Cloughie seemed to manage OK being trollied)!

Lets look at the last four English manangers; Taylor - hahahaha, Venables - did ok, but people forget that v.Spain in Euro 96 Q/F they had two perfectly good goals ruled out and we won the lottery of penalties, he also brought disrepute on the FA with his alleged dodgy dealings, Hoddle - 2nd round of W/C, disgraced himself and the FA with his loony comments about disabled people and his Eileen Drewery nonsense, Keegan - knocked out in the group stages of Euro 2000, couldn't take the pressure and chickened out. Sven and the England teams achievements in the last 3 years put the previous 11 years firmly in the shade don't you think?! Despite the intolerable incursions into his private life Sven has stuck to the job and persevered when it would have been all too easy to pack it all in and earn as much at Chelsea or wherever with less media scrutiny.

The England managers job is a thankless task and we should get off his back a little.

All I can hear are accusations and no real solutions.
Old 06-08-2004, 15:30   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejache

The England managers job is a thankless task and we should get off his back a little.
So fourteen million quid is thankless...fourteen million for doing nowt? What planet are you on CJ?
Old 06-08-2004, 16:16   #12
IMY

ok ok he is over paid for what he does but that is not his fault itz the F.A.'s fault for tryin to get the "best" person for the job then paying them stupid monoply money... am sure if we were in his postion we would be happy to get paid that sort of money. i cant rememba sven actaully sayin tht he wanted to be paid 14 million am sure tht was the F.A. sayin we pay the best for the best ?????? id say gud luk to him n cari on with what he is doing but tryin to get his private life involved is not reall y a gud thing iz it but hey no one is perfect
Old 06-08-2004, 16:33   #13
God Member

all well and good accept for one thing...... he isn't doing a good job by any standard..
Old 06-08-2004, 16:38   #14
IMY

i think that he is doing well not brilliant by all means but he is doing better than the other managers.....
Old 06-08-2004, 16:41   #15
God Member

What do you think he is doing well? We havent won anything and not looked likely to win anything. If he is the highest paid england manager ever then he should be the best. Surely we measure this by his achievements... which as far as i can see are nothing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..