Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 09:58   #46
Resting in peace

Re: tattoo's

You remind me, Margaret, of when I took my friend Ellida to have her ears pierced. We went to Debenhams, where we were greeted by a white-coated posh-sounding bird, who asked what Madam wanted. I said "Madam wants her ears pierced". Ellida is faintly green at this point and struck dumb. White-coated bird then says "She don't look to me like she wants her ears pierced! Do yer?" Ellida nodded dumbly, kept her eyes firmly closed throughout, and nearly broke every bone in my hand with her death grip! - but she got her ears pierced.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2005, 15:47   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

had my ear pierced one very drunken afternoon in the woodnook inn- with a nappy pin (heated of coarse with me lighter) and a beer cork behind the ear,that was in 1967-never regretted that one,just seemed cheaper than a proffesional job,happy days lol
Old 08-06-2005, 15:51   #48
Senior Member+

You're lucky it didn't get infected.

But then people did a lot of things back then that wouldn't be allowed today due to things like health and safety issues, and the increasing 'sue' culture

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 20:07   #49
Beacon of light

Oh, Pendy......I had mine done at Val-hal way back in 1977........my hubby said that if I passed my finals he would buy me something nice.........and he did! He bought me a beautiful pair of earrings shaped like heavy knots.......one problem.... they were for pierced ears......my ears only had the holes that I came into the world with.

I must have gone to the shop about half a dozen times before I could screw up enough courage to go in.
When I got inside I asked if I could have my ears numbed for the process.......the guy said 'No...... it doesn't hurt'.
I sat down and said ' I didn't know what was worse, having my ears pierced or having a baby'.........he said 'well......tell me which you want and I'll alter the chair'.........CHEEK, and what's more.......it did hurt!

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 08-06-2005 at 20:09.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 21:37   #50
Senior Member+

I dont mind tattoo's or piercings, i have both i have a panther on my back, my ears are pierced and my tounge is pierced, I like tounge piercings eventualy i got the courage up to have mine done when i went i thought they would numb it but he didnt he put a dot on my tounge where it was going and i had to sit with my tounge hanging out so that it would dry up and then he could get a grip of it with them clamp scissors thingies, an then got the needle and just pushed it through (he said it was just like peircing butter!!!) it hurt a little but not as much as you think it will. Then he put a long bar through it and that was that then the funny bit i couldnt talk properly or eat properly for about a week.

But all has been well since i had it done a year ago.

My Mum hates it she didnt want me to get it done but at 27 years old and children of my own she couldnt do much.

Sorry MUM XX
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:10   #51

I have two . One with my blood group. Which a good few lads seem to get in the army. The second is a red rose with a bulldog in the middle.
folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 17:40   #52

Thumbs down Re: tattoo's

To all those talking about the tattoo shop above lagermonkeys.
Yes it is the same guy (I think he is called mick) who used to be on whalley rd (ex marys music shop) but the shop at lagermonkeys has closed down and I believe he has moved to Warner St. My ex sister in law used to work with him at largermonkeys so I will try to find more details for you all.

p.s. I dont have any tats or piercings. I dont believe in them but its up to the individual.
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 20:38   #53
Beacon of light

I just don't believe in paying for someone to give you pain.........I am going to be in a hell of a fix when the dentist letter comes through.......pain in the gob and pain in the wallet.
Old 09-06-2005, 21:50   #54
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I just don't believe in paying for someone to give you pain.........I am going to be in a hell of a fix when the dentist letter comes through.......pain in the gob and pain in the wallet.
Here's a comforting thought for you margeret while your waiting for your letter,

Did you know it was a dentist that invented the electric chair? (talk about painless extraction!).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:05   #55

A friend of my daughters died of septecemia after having a tattoo done in Tenerife. Would'nt even consider having one. Their are enough risks in life without asking for trouble.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 13:50   #56
Beacon of light

Less....when I get that letter, I will feel like I am going into the electric chair........I think my daughter is going to borrow a cattle prod to make sur e I get there!
Old 10-06-2005, 16:23   #57
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Less....when I get that letter, I will feel like I am going into the electric chair........I think my daughter is going to borrow a cattle prod to make sur e I get there!
If our appointments are on the same day I'll hold your hand (and you can feed me diazepam)

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 17:05   #58

As promised further update. Inkspirations is now at 9 Warner St next to the copper kettle restaurant
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 19:02   #59
Senior Member+

No tattoos on me;but I have both ears pierced and one pierced at the top,and it hurt like hell! Apparently it's cartilage at the top and never really heals properly though it nevers bothers me now.
Old 11-06-2005, 21:05   #60
Senior Member+

I had a tattoo done many moons ago by my ex-hubbys mate who was a tatooist at the time. Its on the top of my thigh and is a puppy running. The colour is all faded now.

That tatooist shop that was next to Clark's motorcycle shop tattoed my eldest son and he was only 13 at the time. They believed him when they said he was 18. I dont know what i was most mad at, my son or the cheap and crap badly done tattoo. You should have seen their faces when i frog-marched my son back to the shop with his birth certificate ! They closed down shortly after.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..