Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2006, 17:48   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Taxi Driver Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
My girlfriend works at the Hare & Hounds in Clayton. They won't recommend "Althams" taxi's anymore, because they refused to take an old bloke home the other week. The old guy has severe difficulties with walking & uses a frame to assist him. The taxi driver said that the old guy was taking too long to walk to the taxi, & then drove off.

That's good to know.

Not a firm I'd ever use in future then.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2006, 18:01   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
That's good to know.

Not a firm I'd ever use in future then.
She was disgusted with the driver. Now they have lost business over it, because whenever somebody want a taxi, the pub give them the number for "CB" or "Hyndburn" taxi's.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 21:56   #18
Resident Waffler

I'll put that in my list of firms not to use.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 23:13   #19
God Member

well in my taxi experience s over the years there s an awful lot who need to sit a retest before anything else
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 08:25   #20
God Member

Looks like differen towns have different ideas on what to ask of taxi drivers when on the road. Like most towns we have several and they are required to have 3 vehicles with disabled access with 2 on the road at anyone time. I have found the ones we have very curious and will help in anyway they can even taking peoples shopping to the door for them. At the end of the day these drivers are there to make money and if a bad action gets round then they suffer. Maybe MT has a better insight but its good customer relations to bend over backwards to help a client as it helps with possible future business.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 09:02   #21
Senior Member+

My next door neighbour who has CP often gets the taxi from ASDAS with his shopping, when he asks then to help them with his shopping to his door, they moan and whinge and then charge him an extra £1

I think its disgusting and have told him to ring the manager at ASDA to complain. They can cancel the contract with taxi's if they get too many complaints and get another contract with a different firm.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 09:12   #22
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Taxi Driver Test

Long overdue.

I suppose that people will see this comment as racist but a taxi driver should have a very good command of English and any tests should be conducted in English. It’s not much using trying to tell a driver where you want to go if the only English words he knows are “social security”.

If the driver does have a second or third language at his disposal then well and good as it will only enhance the service that driver can offer to the public.
Old 16-11-2006, 15:06   #23
Senior Member+

i got in a taxi once up here and they asked me for directions,surely he should have known,some people get taxis because they dont know their way around,he was prob new i dont know but a taxi driver should know where hes going,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 17:06   #24
Senior Member+

Rindys taxi is Dial A Ride
Old 16-11-2006, 17:15   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
Rindys taxi is Dial A Ride
Baldy's taxi is going to be an ambulance.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 19:06   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex
i got in a taxi once up here and they asked me for directions,surely he should have known,some people get taxis because they dont know their way around,he was prob new i dont know but a taxi driver should know where hes going,

Thats ok untill the new housing schemes go up. Then its a free for all and a TOMTOM to get there.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 20:36   #27

Agree with you there about the article Accyjay. My personal experience with taxi's is that there are more bad drivers than good drivers.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 21:33   #28
God Member

I tell you what!!! this thread has just REALLY REALLY annoyed me. How the hell can anyone call taxi drivers for their job??

Ginger just phoned ( yes he is a taxi driver) He has just nearly been jumped by Gypsy's. They made him drive to a secluded area, and they had knives. Luckily one of the gypsy's remembers him, and while one of them were saying " so what do we do with the driver" the one that recognised Ginger said " oh nowt, he's sound.....leave him alone".........FF's this man has a wife and children, just trying to do his job............ I fret every night when he is out working....because of DUMB bastards like these. OMG I'm annoyed, and shaking.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 12:39   #29
I am Band

Thumbs down Re: Taxi Driver Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay View Post
My girlfriend works at the Hare & Hounds in Clayton. They won't recommend "Althams" taxi's anymore, because they refused to take an old bloke home the other week. The old guy has severe difficulties with walking & uses a frame to assist him. The taxi driver said that the old guy was taking too long to walk to the taxi, & then drove off.

Althams Taxi's, and that driver in particular, should be reported to the licencing office. Get their licences revoked!
I remember a case in the media, not many months ago, where a Muslim taxi driver was severely reprimanded for refusing to take a blind man and his guide dog, in his cab, citing that he could not carry the dog in his cab due to religious beliefs.

Lettie and I use Bash Cabs, in Accy. They are friendly & efficient.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 19-11-2006 at 12:39. Reason: Comma!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..