Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 18:04   #46
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Teenagers jailed

prison is pointless, thats why they should be put down like a savage dog!!
Old 12-02-2008, 18:56   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I would hasten to add that I did not post about criminals being given visas and one way tickets to another country - that was Blazey's idea.......the rest of the post is mine, I also take responsibility for suggesting that this was one of the most senseless ideas to date......
yep sorry margaret,dont know how i managed that,the top section of that post should not have been in.
Old 12-02-2008, 20:53   #48

Two words. Death penalty.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 20:54   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
Two words. Death penalty.
you,ll do for me, welcome back
Old 12-02-2008, 21:31   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

Grazie mille. Good to know there are some on the same page as I. Now, of course, (horrors), over here things would likely have gone down a little differently. Warning to thugs. Thugs go into attack mode. Response.....bang, bang, bang. End of situation.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 08:57   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We seem to be agreeing more and more cashy, it must be me thats mellowed

Last edited by jaysay; 13-02-2008 at 08:59. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 11:27   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
[Would be cheaper to get them visa's to live abroad and pay for their one way ticket. Surprised nobody has suggested that yet instead.
Which country would want these murderous yobs?....and why should some other country take our scum?.......there would be a huge uproar if we were expected to accommodate the miscreants from some other country.
Blazey, that is one of the most senseless suggestions you have made to date.[/quote]

Margaret you disappoint me, i would've thought you of all people would recognise sarcasm.

I am a law student, my future pretty much depends on criminals, why would I want to ship them to somewhere else?

Whilst 57% of prisoners do reoffend, crime rate has fallen by 25% since 1997, and violent crime has fallen by 24%.

That at least shows nearly HALF are rehabilitated, and although it doesnt say how many violent criminals are rehabilitated I'm sure some must fall into that catagory.

43% is better than zero in my opinion, thats 43% who have served the time, got out and are not sucking up nearly £40000 a year in being kept inside.

I know it is fiction, but the film Green Mile is a good example of why we shouldn't use the death penalty. All the evidence was against that man, yet viewers got to see how the evidence was still wrong, and millions cried when that man got put in the chair. People in america are wrongly sentenced to capital punishment but they have nobody to cry for them because nobody can see the truth like a film viewer can. Yet no matter how many people are wrongly put to death, there is always someone somewhere who still thinks its a good idea. Well that kind of stupidity belongs in Texas in my opinion, with the red necks.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 11:36   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Whilst 57% of prisoners do reoffend, crime rate has fallen by 25% since 1997, and violent crime has fallen by 24%.

I would suggest they change that to 'reported crime rates have fallen'. Lots of people don't report crime anymore because they know it's a waste of time.
Old 13-02-2008, 14:38   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I would suggest they change that to 'reported crime rates have fallen'. Lots of people don't report crime anymore because they know it's a waste of time.
sadly that is so so true.
Old 13-02-2008, 14:44   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Which country would want these murderous yobs?....and why should some other country take our scum?.......there would be a huge uproar if we were expected to accommodate the miscreants from some other country.
Blazey, that is one of the most senseless suggestions you have made to date.
Margaret you disappoint me, i would've thought you of all people would recognise sarcasm.[/QUOTE]she probably would have done if you had bothered to put the sarcastic smiley on the end of it, you disappoint me not having the sense to do so, but then my cynicism says it was deliberate.
Old 13-02-2008, 17:20   #56
Beacon of light

Blazey don't try and pull the wool over my eyes....sarcasm, it wasn't...and now you are just trying to back pedal.
There was nothing in that post to suggest it was tongue in cheek, a skit or anything of the kind.

And I suppose the government provided you with all those wholesome statistics that you quoted...I do not believe that the figures have fallen in the way you have reported....maybe they have changed the way the figures are collected........anyway you can make stats show any damn thing you want them to, and the politicians do not want us to believe that they are doing a bad job......what was it that Tony Blair said ?'Tough on Crime.....Tough on the causes of Crime'....don't make me laugh. There are so many criminals about that they are not jailing muggers and robbers, and they are releasing pridsoners with a cash handout because the jails are too full.
And as for your career depending on criminals, I think you are pretty safe to consider that you won't be out of work soon.....there does seem to be an abundance of the criminal classes.

As far as the Film 'Green mile' is concerned, I have never seen it so cannot comment.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 13-02-2008 at 17:27.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 17:27   #57
Senior Member+

Some time soon you lot are all going to realise that Blazey's ( if it is indeed just her) main aim in life is to wind you all up. The sooner you stop responding like Pavlov's dogs, the sooner she will get fed up and hopefully get on with her studies !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..