Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 17:33   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Teenagers jailed

Garry Newlove's killers have been sentenced today and i think its a joke

Adam Swellings, 19, got a minimum of 17 years he will be out then when hes about 36 or sooner!
Stephen Sorton, 17, got 15 years he will be out whens hes 32
Jordan Cunliffe, 16, got 12 years he'll be out when hes only 28!

they where all found GUILTY of MURDER

So why the hell have they be given pathetic sentences?
Old 11-02-2008, 17:43   #2
Member.

Re: Teenagers jailed

They should serve life. i.e. only leave the Prision walls in a box.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 17:45   #3
Beacon of light

I agree......life should mean exactly that.
And if i had my way I would make sure that these lads worked(hard Labour) every minute of their waking time and the money would be paid to the widow and family of the man they murdered.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 17:47   #4
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

The thing is i thought life was 25 years!!......once over ya got 10 years for rape!
Old 11-02-2008, 18:40   #5
Super Moderator

These laughable sentences aptly illustrate the yawning gap that now exists between ordinary people and the politicians who rule us. If this government had any guts, they would pass legislation to ensure that life really does mean life for murder. If this opposition had any guts they would be proposing the same thing. Meanwhile, scum like this are, quite literally, getting away with murder.
Old 11-02-2008, 19:13   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the 17 year old lad had been given bail by a magistrate for violence just hours before the poor guy was kicked to death, my question is WHY? these magistrates should be accountable to me,for releasing violent people on bail, n i'll just bet no political person either on accyweb or the wider world will open there gobs to condem the legal system, cos its THEY who are responsible for it.
Old 11-02-2008, 19:22   #7
Beacon of light

The legal system has be progressively emasculated over the years by governments playing the liberal card, and of course the ubiquitous European Human Rights Charter.
how is it the the human rights of the criminal seem to take precedence over the human rights of the vistims??????
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 20:25   #8

I see another poor soul is fighting for his life in a Manchester hospital after a gang attack - BBC NEWS. The way things are going, there will be vigilante groups on the streets before long. I don’t see what option some communities will have.
Old 11-02-2008, 20:36   #9

i agree life should be life to stay in prison till they are carried out in a box. that poor family man being murdered by them thugs what is this world coming too.
Old 11-02-2008, 20:39   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
I see another poor soul is fighting for his life in a Manchester hospital after a gang attack - BBC NEWS. The way things are going, there will be vigilante groups on the streets before long. I don’t see what option some communities will have.
yeh saw that tonight, its that often though some people will become "used" to these things.
Old 11-02-2008, 20:47   #11

If we ever started to have a problem round here, I’d have a word with all the neighbours and suggest that every time there was trouble, we contact each other on our phones and go out as a group to face the gits ( pool cue’s, metal bars etc. in hand ) Don’t let anyone face ‘em alone. Not much point calling the cops these days, if they responded at all it would be far too late.
Old 12-02-2008, 00:15   #12
God Member

These lads are cold blooded brutal KILLERS and should never be allowed out of prison .
Poor Garry Newlove was doing what anyone of us would do and protecting our own ..
these scumbags make me sick . When will justice ever be done for such crimes .
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 00:18   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
If we ever started to have a problem round here, I’d have a word with all the neighbours and suggest that every time there was trouble, we contact each other on our phones and go out as a group to face the gits ( pool cue’s, metal bars etc. in hand ) Don’t let anyone face ‘em alone. Not much point calling the cops these days, if they responded at all it would be far too late.

These brats know they can almost get away with murder and while ever these poor sentances are dished out there will always be crimes like this commited ..
I agree with you BB but then who would be the one getting sent down .?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:44   #14
Resting in Peace

As a national jurno said were're all going to hell on a hand cart
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:52   #15
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

maybe I am on my own thinking this but why should we keep them in prison there is no doubt they are guilty so an eye for an eye etc etc...but because the law won't allow this I too think they should be in for life and as Margaret said hard labour every day.

Last edited by MITZY; 12-02-2008 at 06:54.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..