Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2022, 19:51   #1
Full Member+

Terrific Week Says Boris

He says as 39 people resign their posts from various governmental posts. The 1922 Committee looking to re-elect new members on Monday ahead of them possibly changing the rules about when it comes to calling for a vote of no confidence. That doesn't sound too terrific to me.?
Old 07-07-2022, 09:39   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Terrific Week Says Boris

There has been a long orchestrated campaign against BJ since he became PM.
This has been conducted by the Brexit hating civil servants…unelected but they are the ones with the clout.
The situation with the MP who has been groping men is one where, yes Boris did appoint him, but it was on the say so of some political advisor.

I was not a fan of Boris, but this is a terrible time to ditch a PM.
Those who have plunged the knife in have done so because they have their own ambitions to fulfil.
Sajid Javed and Rishi Sunak are both looking to make mileage from this debacle.
Some MP’s may have resigned because of their beliefs, but a lot more have gone because they have been panicked into it.

They are all a shower of fisons and they leave the country at the risk of being governed by a party who would try to get us back into the EU(whatever the protestations are…..do you trust them?)

On what planet do mature adults believe that politicians have truth and integrity at the heart of what they do?
cashman and taddy like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:37   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i honestly think the tories will REGRET this backstabbing.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i honestly think the tories will REGRET this backstabbing.
And me.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 12:24   #5
Beacon of light

I don’t think these back stabbing traitors have any finer moral feelings that would make them remorseful Cashy.
One reporter has said this is a momentous day, but it is momentous for all of the wrong reasons.

Of those who the bookies have down as possible replacements, there is not one that I feel can step up to the plate.
Not one who would be strong enough to deal with the civil servant snake pit who I feel sure are at the root of this situation.

All the time that this in fighting has been going on, there are issues that have not been addressed.
Fuel companies profiteering on the back of a global fuel crisis.
Lunatic Zero emissions policies that make us less able to compete on world markets.
Is China going to be following green edicts..or the US…or India???
No of course they aren’t so our efforts to reduce emissions is laughably, ridiculously irrelevant.

It is reported that Nadeem Zahawi has been planning his moves to replace BJ for the last six months…..and that has been the climate in the Tory ranks.

I despair…even our own MP has been one of those who deserted.
I did not vote Tory…I lent my vote to the Tory party to 1) ensure that GJ would be unseated….and 2) that BJ would be the PM.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:27   #6
Beacon of light

No Taddy…they have no conscience but a shed load of ambitions and an agenda that does not take into consideration the needs of the electorate.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:36   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No Taddy…they have no conscience but a shed load of ambitions and an agenda that does not take into consideration the needs of the electorate.
that to me is 100% true.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 07-07-2022, 13:49   #8
Beacon of light

There will now be a charm offensive from all these snakes who showed no loyalty to the PM….with the intent of gathering support for their own campaign to take the top spot.

Don’t they see that this is a poison chalice and that those who live by the sword will in turn meet the same fate?
Career politicians are never in it for their constituents, but for their own greedy ends.
Old 08-07-2022, 00:35   #9
Full Member+

One has to ask the question, why would Rishi Sunak, who along with his wife is worth £730 million would want a £145,000 a year job unless he expected to make a lot more by being in the treasury dept?
Old 08-07-2022, 07:11   #10
Beacon of light

As I said, they are not in the job to make our lives cushy…only their own.
And they will do it in any way possible.
It matters not to them who gets hurt in the pursuit of their aims.
Being disloyal…..it should be called ‘doing a Zaharwi’….does not endear these politicians to the electorate when they can see it is to the detriment of the country.

It should not be Civil servants, political pundits like Beth Rigby and the MSM who decide who the PM should be.

Those who wished Boris out….and they are gloating now,have got their wish…. but it might be out of the pan and into the fire.
Old 08-07-2022, 22:22   #11

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I despair…even our own MP has been one of those who deserted.
I did not vote Tory…I lent my vote to the Tory party to 1) ensure that GJ would be unseated….and 2) that BJ would be the PM.
To be fair to Sara Britcliffe, she has raised the issues of Hyndburn in parliament on numerous occasions, even got a sitting Prime Minister to come and have a look for himself (not too shoddy for an extremely junior MP), which is something that Jones could only dream of doing, he was far more interested in travelling to South America and the Middle East under the 'fact finding' banner, don't forget he even sent out a document where he stated that he represented the people of xxxx. If I recall correctly Jones also resigned from a post when he supported the ill fated Owen Jones coup, which as we all know failed miserably.

Totally agree that BJ has been royally shafted, in my opinion by his naivety, a woke national broadcaster afraid of losing its funding, and a vociferous minority on social media. (Incidentally social media is so overrated as a straw poll of national feeling..for the last couple of days comments about Love Island have by far overshadowed the number of comments about the resignation..yet still the mainstream muppets highlight social media as evidence of the public thoughts).

He did good stuff like the vaccine program, lifting lockdown, supporting Ukraine but outweighed I'm afraid by poor choices in cabinet members and advisers...if you are caught with your hand in the biscuit tin you step up to the plate and say I fancied something sweet, you don't say I thought it was the salad bar.

His credibility is gone...Sara Britcliffe was right to quit
Old 09-07-2022, 00:37   #12
Full Member+

Apparently one of the Candidates for PM is Rishi Sunak and again I pose the question why would someone worth £730 million be seeking to be elected to a job that gets paid £161,000
taddy likes this.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:02   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
Apparently one of the Candidates for PM is Rishi Sunak and again I pose the question why would someone worth £730 million be seeking to be elected to a job that gets paid £161,000

Well, everyone has got to have a hobby.
taddy likes this.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:30   #14
Beacon of light

Guinness…Sara Britcliffe is a million per cent improvement on the last MP we had….and yes Boris made some poor choices….but you might ask yourself why this was.
You really don’t think that Boris pored over the security docs of Justin Pincher do you?

He had civil servants ( and they had their own agenda in respect of Boris…that was to get rid of him because he had done the unthinkable…Brexit) to do this…political advisors, who may have made light of the allegations.

Keir Starmer gets away with an indoor gathering that was planned three days in advance and has witnesses who tell that it was not work, it was leisure….but he gets away with it.
What a surprise….a Police force in a Labour controlled area let the Labour leader off.

As for lies that we have been told.
Again….on what planet do adults believe that politicians are honest and have integrity at the heart of what they do?
If a politician told me it was daylight…I would need to go outside to check.

These backstabbers did what they did to further their ambitions….not because Boris was not a good guy.
Much of what has gone on has been engineered and stirred up by the political pundits, the main stream media and those remainders who wish to see the democratic decision to ditch the EU reversed….and it has been a three year campaign.

Sara could have sat tight and done nothing….but she followed the herd….and that means that I would consider my vote more carefully.
I only voted for her to get rid of the other Chump in chief….the #accyladgonebad.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 09-07-2022 at 10:32.
Old 09-07-2022, 13:33   #15
Full Member+

The fact is that if you do the job for a couple of years and make a complete arse of it and there will be invitations from all over for you to travel to some country (first class of course with all expenses paid) speak for an hour with authority about the economy or national standing of the country that you have just ruined and pocket between £25,000 and £90,000.
DaveinGermany likes this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..