Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2005, 18:41   #16
God Member

Re: terror at Manchester airport?

And people wonder how its so easy to get to a plane. Surprised one aint been attacked yet touch wood.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2005, 19:13   #17
God Member

I find it hard to believe that he was lost, Manchester airport is well signposted, surely if you go through a door and end up on the runway you go back the wat you came!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 20:04   #18
Resident Waffler

Maybe he'd never been on a plane before and thought that was what you do.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 20:55   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
There is that much panic about terrorist that the poor dude trying to find his plane was used in a demo of security response exersise. It was a text book model of how it should happen alledgedly yet this poor guy is tazered with 50,000 volts 3 times a second for five seconds and then the blow up his belongings. I hope he sues the arther off them and hope he didnt have anything of extreme value in his so called bomb case.
Sorry I have to tottaly disagree with you there, dont take the chance IMHO, they could have shot the poor ******!!!!!!, if he had have been some psycho with a bag full of "internet made bombs", or part of some terrorist cell, they would have been highly justified, OK he wasnt, but what do you do "excuse me mr suicide bomber, please dont press that button", dont think so, in this day and age we cant afford to dither, if your family would have been on that runway would you still be happy about him suing YOUR government for YOUR money? when they are trying to protect US ALL!
Old 23-09-2005, 21:11   #20
I am Banned

this confuses me, theres alot of things wrong with this man:

1) what nationality is he? if english he would have read the signs and asked for help if he was foreign then he would have watched what other people were doing and either followed them where he wouild have recieved helped to where he should have been.

2) if he is foreign how did he get here if he hasnt flown before? if thats to be one of his excuses? did he walk of the plane onto tarmac when he got here?

3) nobody struggles with the police unless there guilty and have done something wrong, any normal person who was innocent would not struggle they would be polite and do what the police ask.

or i personally think he was suicidal and wanted to throw himself under a plane sick i might be but he could have had personal memoies in that suitcase that he wanted to take with him, or he could have been a suicide bomber? no one knows just yet so we just have to wait and see!
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 21:40   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it seems from reports the guy was a fruitcake, the point is that any gateway(which they must have anyway) is an obvious weak spot, so it doesnt matter what he was, he had to be prevented from acessing the runways,and he was, could have been anybody nutter or terrorist,reports and cctv also say he struggled and would not stop,so sorry spug the point about sueing the authorities is utter crap in my eyes.
Old 23-09-2005, 22:53   #22
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzalam
Sorry I have to tottaly disagree with you there, dont take the chance IMHO, they could have shot the poor ******!!!!!!, if he had have been some psycho with a bag full of "internet made bombs", or part of some terrorist cell, they would have been highly justified, OK he wasnt, but what do you do "excuse me mr suicide bomber, please dont press that button", dont think so, in this day and age we cant afford to dither, if your family would have been on that runway would you still be happy about him suing YOUR government for YOUR money? when they are trying to protect US ALL!
Agree that we can't afford to take chances. He could have been a terrorist. He could have had a bomb. He could have been going to plant a bomb on the plane. He may have had a detonation device in his hand. There is no way the police know the answers to all those possibilities and they had to act first and ask questions later.

I don't think there were any other members of the public around were there? But if he'd planted a bomb on the plane it could have killed everyone on it in mid-flight.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..