Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2005, 11:54   #1
Resident Waffler

terror at Manchester airport?

News Link

Apparently he was just a passenger looking for his flight and got lost! How the heck did he get onto the runway and so close to a plane? And what was in the package they blew up? Was it his suitcase full of his holiday clothes?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2005, 12:09   #2

Re: terror at Manchester airport?

would you have opened it to find out willow?
Old 23-09-2005, 12:13   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whatever it was it reassures me, they seem to be on the ball, and when we go in a couple of weeks,i'll bet security is even tighter.
Old 23-09-2005, 12:22   #4
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzalam
would you have opened it to find out willow?
Nope.

What amazes me is that he actually managed to get onto the runway to look for his flight. How come he wasn't with all the other passengers?

I suppose they were on the ball(ish) but I'd prefer to know that people couldn't just wander about like that in restricted areas.

Old 23-09-2005, 12:36   #5
Clearly Classy.......

We are off on holiday in a few week as well.............Suits me too cashy!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 15:43   #6
God Member

Whatch out the beer and fags smugglers you coulb be next. maybe he was an asylum seeker trying to get out of the country.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 16:00   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

If he was only a lost passenger, why did the police have to stun him with a taser in order to arrest him???

Could he not have said "sorry, I am lost." Shown them his passport and boarding pass and asked for assistance...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 16:12   #8
God Member

There is that much panic about terrorist that the poor dude trying to find his plane was used in a demo of security response exersise. It was a text book model of how it should happen alledgedly yet this poor guy is tazered with 50,000 volts 3 times a second for five seconds and then the blow up his belongings. I hope he sues the arther off them and hope he didnt have anything of extreme value in his so called bomb case.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-09-2005, 16:16   #9
I am Banned

It just shows how powerful terrorism is doesn't it, the security forces are on hot alert that attack is best prevention & i suppose the general public is just as alarmed too. Do they not have the baggage xray thingymebob so that luggage is checked???
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 16:48   #10
God Member

I cannot complain about the security at airports after i kept setting of the scanners at Dublin airport and all because I had a metal ring sealed black pudding in my combat trouser pocket.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-09-2005, 16:50   #11
I am Banned

what were u doing with a black pudding in your pocket???
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 17:00   #12
God Member

It was a weeks drunken fishing trip and had boat it as a form of ground bait and forgot i had it. All that Guinness is bad for you.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-09-2005, 18:11   #13
Resident Waffler

My point is - shouldn't we find it worrying that a lost passenger was able to get onto the runway? A lost passenger didn't do any damage but if a lost passenger can get onto a runway doesn't that seem to indicate that a terrorist can also get onto the runway? If he had been a terrorist would he have been caught before he did anything?

I hear what you're sayng cashman and romps but I'm hoping that security has been tightened up so that no-one can just get out onto the runway like that rather than cheering that they tasered him after he was already down there.

Old 23-09-2005, 18:37   #14
God Member

To board a plane at Prestwick you have to access the runway. Not all airports are equip like the bigger city ones.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-09-2005, 18:40   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It's not just small airports though. I have boarded planes at Manchester and at Heathrow via the concrete in the past. It is remarkably easy to access the runway....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..