Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2014, 06:24   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Testing the limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Yes to both your questions Margaret.
Seeking to legitimise hostility even violence towards Muslims has enough advocates over here, already. That said I am looking forward to Eric's replies not yours.
I cannot see any post by anyone that advocates violence towards Muslims.....and the hostility you mention exists only because this group of people foster extremists, sexual predators and the like and is in denial about these things....portraying themselves as devoutly religious.
Above that sort of thing.
While all this is going on they say nothing, they do nothing....and that is right??

They should be rising up against what is happening to those in Iraq.......they should be taking control of the men in this country who do unspeakable things to white girls.....who they see as fair game for their sexual mores....because they are not allowed to sow their wild oats with girls/ women from their own communities.
I am sick of apologist attitudes like yours.
As it says in the video.......the majority are irrelevant.
They are when crimes against humanity are being committed in the name of Islam......and innocent aid workers are beheaded for propaganda......and their deaths glorified.
mobertol likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2014, 06:41   #17
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
The best insurance against extremism is your frontal cortex..this is worth a read
Changes in connectivity profiles define functionally distinct regions in human medial frontal cortex

All you need is a questioning/open and empathetic mind (and it also helps to have a loving heart).
Its too bad the media and governments dont try to instill such values, rather than relying excessively on our emotionally charged 'mammalian brains' and our primitive serpent brains (fight or flight) when dealing with such issues.A terrorist is simply a freedom fighter viewed from the other
Islamophobia is defined as a hatred or fear of Islam or Muslims.It is interesting to take note on what the word phobia means.Phobia means an irrational fear. To be afraid of Islam is irrational

Given its definition I believe it is easy to see that 'it is a type of 'racism' and given Islamophobias particular type of fear/hatred (deep seated in the individuals psyche) Islamophobia would be difficult to fix in my opinion so I wont be commenting again (on this thread).
It is not Islamophobia to note what is happening and make a comment on it.
Likewise it is not racist to do the same.
I am not afraid of Islam per se, but the way the religion is being radicalised and the Muslim communities allow this to continue.

There must be men in the mosques who know that their young men and boys are being radicalised and they do nothing.
They are a part of the problem....but they are seen as law abiding and devout so that somehow makes it alright.
As I have said......many many times in the past, I have worked alongside many races, creeds and religions. There has always been mutual respect, that is how it should be.
But those who come here for a better life, more freedom, education and then pledge allegiance to another flag......go on and murder their own Muslim brothers purely because they worship a different brand of Islam, are beneath contempt.......and for them to be labeled British is an abomination.
Anyone who cannot grasp this needs to look back in history and see where that took us in the past.
Jim Procter and mobertol like this.
Old 22-10-2014, 07:48   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Fomenting unrest, moi! Advocating violence against muslims? Surely, you must realize those are "hate crimes". The only violence contemplated by Canada is the deployment of RCAF CF 18s to Kuwait to help bomb the crap out of ISIS. What I am suggesting is putting an end to extremist radicalization of young Canadians which is going on with little effective protest from the larger muslim community. Lets simplify it for those who don't seem to grasp what is being discussed. Think of Canada as the home of a bunch of happy campers, as contented as the cows whose milk goes into Carnation, contemplating life with an impregnable, serene tranquility, disturbed only by blizzards and the late season collapse of the Jays. Now ... are we sitting comfortably ... certain immigrants come into our home (think of it as a log cabin in the woods) take advantage of all we have to offer, and, "sharper than a serpent's tooth" turn on us, and embrace an ideology that runs counter to all that we value.

And I don't post on any forums over here ... don't go on FB all that much ... and avoid Twitter like the plague. I did wander down to the boozer today where I took part in "discussions" about the murder of Patrice Vincent. I can't post links to that. But I can report that the mood was ugly.
Thanks Eric, as erudite as ever.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 14:36   #19
Senior Member+

Looks like it's not over yet.
ww.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29724907
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 15:09   #20
Beacon of light

Gordon, that link is missing a w......well at least I think it is.
BBC News - Shots fired inside Canada parliament might be the right link
Old 22-10-2014, 15:19   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Gordon, that link is missing a w......well at least I think it is.
BBC News - Shots fired inside Canada parliament might be the right link
Not the first time I've done that, Margaret. I should test opening it .
The story is developing already, I'm afraid Eric's friends are not going to be happy.
Old 22-10-2014, 15:22   #22
Beacon of light

Gordon if it doesn't appear in red when you post it, then it is not a valid link.
Old 22-10-2014, 15:59   #23
Senior Member+

It's easy for you young uns, I struggle to switch it on sometimes.
Old 22-10-2014, 16:05   #24
Beacon of light

Oh Gordon.....you say the nicest things!
You must know that I am only 14 in my head.....and 16 in my knickers .....they have always been a bit more forward
Old 22-10-2014, 16:42   #25
God Member

Just following CBC coverage ... Major drama in the House of Commons ... one shooter almost broke into an NDP caucus meeting but was shot dead by the Sergeant-at-Arms, an ex Mountie. Armed Ottawa police and RCMP all over the place ... military helicopters ... Cancellation of PM's meeting with Malala today ... she was going to be awarded honorary Canadian citizenship ... all CFBs across Canada closed to public ... armed guards at all the gates. NORAD on alert. This is exciting ... maybe that's not the way to look at it; but it'll do for now ... but it isn't the Canada I know. I have the feeling that this is going to change us, and not all for the better.
mobertol likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 16:44   #26
God Member

Quote:
...and 16 in my knickers
Is that age, or size
mobertol likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 17:49   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
I am only 14 in my head.....and 16 in my knickers .....they have always been a bit more forward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Is that age, or size
I decided not to follow that one through, Eric.
Safer to stay with terrorists!
mobertol likes this.
Old 22-10-2014, 18:05   #28
Beacon of light

Silly!....age of course
Old 22-10-2014, 18:11   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Silly!....age of course
I remember you bragging how long you made towels last but 16 years for a pair of knickers-?
Old 22-10-2014, 20:10   #30
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
The best insurance against extremism is your frontal cortex..this is worth a read
Changes in connectivity profiles define functionally distinct regions in human medial frontal cortex
Now Jason...if you read and understood all of that,(without the aid of an interpreter) then please please don't tell me that I have used too many long words
Accyexplorer likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..