Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2014, 04:45   #46
God Member

Re: Testing the limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Islamaphobe (another word for 'racist' in my eyes).
well you need your eyes testing then

has the word racist become so less a stigma now or less effective in a battle of words that new ways of saying someone is bad need creating?

i dont dislike every muslim in the world but i have absolutely no time what so ever for a backward thinking faith no matter what that faith is especially Islam and even more dislike of the people that use their faith to gain advantage over others,gettheir own way or cause death in their imaginary gods name.

be rest assured theres been more posts by myself about my distain for christianity over the years iv been a member here before i become " in your eyes" a racist.

mind you saying that i do feel safer taking the urine out of christians i wont get arrested or blown up for that infact the worst a christian leader would do is fiddle with my bum and im past the age they like now so im pretty much bulletproof when it comes to dealing with the church
Eric likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2014, 06:40   #47
Beacon of light

Quote:
I gave my reason,that reason was, they are worth a read (well imo they were)...

....it started to matter what folk thought (to a point) after being reported and put on a warning
You posted two links to articles which consider this to be some sore of (?) goverment agency engineered propaganda exercise in fostering anti Islamic feeling in Canada.

Facebook?.
People can post what the hell they like on that social media site(though I prefer to think of it as an antisocial site...it fosters lies half truths and does immeasurable damage)......so not really reputable as a source(well not in my book anyway).
And as to the other link to Sott.....this is also propaganda.....anti establishment propaganda......is there anything worth reading there?
Is it just a different brand of fomenting unrest among the Canadians?

Truth is said to be the first casualty of war.....and whether we like it or not there are Muslims around the world who want to take violence and acts of terror into the hearts of communities that have got along well together.....because it furthers their cause.

What do we really know?
We know that two innocent men have died at the hands of Muslim converts.
We know that two families of innocent Canadian men have had the heart ripped out of them with these violent acts.

We know that Michael Zehaf Bibeau went into the heart of government, after leaving the soldier he shot dying....he went with a weapon to perpetrate more harm.....and probably would have succeeded had it not been for the bravery of the Master at Arms.
Those are facts....facts that cannot be argued with.
We do not know the mental state of either of the murderers.....we do not know if they had been on mind altering substances......we know nothing of their motives.
We are told that the two incidents are separate....not linked.

Jason, if you post links to things it gives the folk on the forum the idea that you support what is being said in them......unless of course, you indicate otherwise.
It also disseminates things that have very tenuous credibility.

As for racism....it is a label to throw at people. It stifles any discussion, it is used to,silence those who have any opinion which might differ from the establishment one and as such is unhealthy, because it does not change what is on someone's mind.....only what is on their lips.
Less and Eric like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-10-2014 at 06:46.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 08:56   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well you need your eyes testing then

has the word racist become so less a stigma now or less effective in a battle of words that new ways of saying someone is bad need creating?

i dont dislike every muslim in the world but i have absolutely no time what so ever for a backward thinking faith no matter what that faith is especially Islam and even more dislike of the people that use their faith to gain advantage over others,gettheir own way or cause death in their imaginary gods name.

be rest assured theres been more posts by myself about my distain for christianity over the years iv been a member here before i become " in your eyes" a racist.

mind you saying that i do feel safer taking the urine out of christians i wont get arrested or blown up for that infact the worst a christian leader would do is fiddle with my bum and im past the age they like now so im pretty much bulletproof when it comes to dealing with the church
Ive gave my thoughts on islamaphobia and those who label themselves as such, I don't really care 'who' they are, 'where' they come from or 'what' their skin colour or religion is.....if your going to kill innocent people (for whatever reason) you deserve to be killed yourself.

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 24-10-2014 at 09:03.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 09:36   #49
Beacon of light

Quote:
Ive gave my thoughts on islamaphobia and those who label themselves as such, I don't really care 'who' they are, 'where' they come from or 'what' their skin colour or religion is.....if your going to kill innocent people (for whatever reason) you deserve to be killed yourself.
So that also applies to those who barbarically capture aid workers.....humanitarians, and then behead them for propaganda reasons....to terrorise the population in their own country.
Is it not ethnic cleansing to slaughter those who may worship the same religion, but a different branch of it?
Wasn't that something that Hitler did?
Didn't the guy Bibeau do exactly that when he shot the soldier standing guard at the memorial for the war dead of Canada?
Was he racist?
Racism is a two way street.....and there is much racism which is practised against white folks....but hey that doesn't count does it...you have to be a certain colour, a certain religion to be discriminated against...don't you?
Eric likes this.
Old 24-10-2014, 10:47   #50
God Member

after 911 people were saying it was racial profiling when more muslims were pulled to one side for checks at airports.It wasnt racial profiling it was because it was muslim men who slammed two planes into the twin towers.If it had been chineese men that slammed two planes into the twin towers then more chineese men would have been stopped at airports.

My friend has an irish passport and despite having a lancashire accent and been in england since he was 2 years old it dosnt matter how big or little a party of people he is traveling with he is the only one that gets pulled to one side at airports in england.He has never made it through an english airport security without been pulled to one side as is the same for his mother and his father.They are either extreemely unlucky or security is still jumpy about the IRA
Eric likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 12:49   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Racism is a two way street.....and there is much racism which is practised against white folks....but hey that doesn't count does it...you have to be a certain colour, a certain religion to be discriminated against...don't you?
In September of 1939, Leo Amery stood up in your House of Commons, and yelled across at Arthur Greenwood: "Speak for England." It's about time that someone started to do that ... And speak for America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the democracies of Western Europe. We have little to be ashamed of, and much to be proud of. Whatever ... our governments are going to be forced into telling it like it is. All over Canada today, particularly in small-town Canada where most of us live, people will be chatting over coffee or beers about what happened ... there might be a few racists around; but most will be ordinary folk who don't care about labels that might be attached to them. They know they live in a free, open, multi-cultural society where girls can go to school without fear of being shot, where a gay woman can lead the country's largest Province, where adultery is a matter between a couple (threesome, four way) and their counselor or lawyer ... all kinds of neat stuff. But we have to overcome the fear of speaking out for ourselves because we are not a visible minority. We should not be ashamed of who we are. Or of living in the 21st century rather than the 7th.

And this speculation about "How could he have gotten into Parliament"? It's easy. The House of Commons is our House. And one can ... maybe now it is "could" ... wander around the Hill, check out the buildings, with minimum security. Maybe check out the National War Memorial and the tomb of un soldat inconnu where there is an honour guard, not to protect the place but to show a little respect for the remains of some poor guy who was blown to bits at 2nd Ypres, or Vimy Ridge or some other slaughterhouse, and who is a symbol for all the other men and women who died for this country. And we shouldn't be ashamed of thinking this way because it "glorifies war" or some other bs. Maybe it's time we radicalized ourselves.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 13:53   #52
Beacon of light

Eric the majority will always be irrelevant if they cannot stand up and say what is on their mind.
If political correctness stops us from opening up about the elephant in the room....then how on earth can we overcome the problems.

My own thoughts...for what they are worth, are that yes, there are a great number of Muslims who do no harm. Who live peaceably along side their neighbours......but that these people are conditioned by their upbringing to say nothing.....they do not criticise the Muslim men who do bad things(whether this is going to fight for IS.....or whether it is the grooming of predominantly white girls.....who they see as fair game for their sexual mores)......this is then further compounded by those who have been 'brainwashed' into disconnecting their thought processes for fear of having a label attached to them.
Together this has the potential for great harm to the fabric of western society......and we sleepwalk into it.

If we do not do what is necessary to curb these things....by whatever means that will have the effect that is required, then we can kiss goodbye to life as we know it now.

You are right, we have much to be proud of.....and what went before that was not good in our history we cannot apologise for......we were not the transgressors.....we can only learn from the lessons of the past.....if we do not do this the we are fools!
Old 24-10-2014, 14:36   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

You are right, we have much to be proud of.....and what went before that was not good in our history we cannot apologise for......we were not the transgressors.....we can only learn from the lessons of the past.....if we do not do this the we are fools!
And, thing is, we do learn from our mistakes .... maybe too slowly at times, but we do learn. As far as I know, they ain't burning Catholics at the stake over there ... not too much nigga lynching going on in Mississippi these days ... we don't hand out smallpox infected blankets to Indians any more ... Come to think of it, if we hadn't changed over here, the police and military would already be rounding up muslims and putting them in internment camps ... the way Canada treated Japanese Canadians in WWll.

Stoning to death, public beheadings and mutilations are not all that common in our world; they belong in the seventh century.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 15:06   #54
I am Banned

Extract from the BBC news web, dont'cha just love that backwoods spirit and resourcfullness shining through.The italics are mine.

It has also emerged that Prime Minister Stephen Harper hid in a cupboard in parliament for about 15 minutes during Wednesday's attack as MPs sharpened flagpoles to use as spears against the gunman.
Eric likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 15:08   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
In September of 1939, Leo Amery stood up in your House of Commons, and yelled across at Arthur Greenwood: "Speak for England." It's about time that someone started to do that ... And speak for America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the democracies of Western Europe. We have little to be ashamed of, and much to be proud of. Whatever ... our governments are going to be forced into telling it like it is. All over Canada today, particularly in small-town Canada where most of us live, people will be chatting over coffee or beers about what happened ... there might be a few racists around; but most will be ordinary folk who don't care about labels that might be attached to them. They know they live in a free, open, multi-cultural society where girls can go to school without fear of being shot, where a gay woman can lead the country's largest Province, where adultery is a matter between a couple (threesome, four way) and their counselor or lawyer ... all kinds of neat stuff. But we have to overcome the fear of speaking out for ourselves because we are not a visible minority. We should not be ashamed of who we are. Or of living in the 21st century rather than the 7th.

And this speculation about "How could he have gotten into Parliament"? It's easy. The House of Commons is our House. And one can ... maybe now it is "could" ... wander around the Hill, check out the buildings, with minimum security. Maybe check out the National War Memorial and the tomb of un soldat inconnu where there is an honour guard, not to protect the place but to show a little respect for the remains of some poor guy who was blown to bits at 2nd Ypres, or Vimy Ridge or some other slaughterhouse, and who is a symbol for all the other men and women who died for this country. And we shouldn't be ashamed of thinking this way because it "glorifies war" or some other bs. Maybe it's time we radicalized ourselves.
Like it or not E your government (like most) works for the banking elite and military industry (not your fellow Canadians).

Was this shooting 'another' false flag? i don’t have any absolute confirmation.But there are plenty of indications to suggest it may of been.One example is that after the shooting, the Mounties or whatever you call them asked the public not to post any pics/videos....why?

Is it because your authorities wanted to quickly seize control of the narrative and avoid embarrassments like the Boston Bombing photos showing that Craft International operatives, not the Tsarnaev brothers, carried out the attack? Hmmm

The image of a cowering Baird and Kenney hiding in a barricaded office must have proven a stark contrast to the swaggering, macho manner in which these men urged Canada to declare war on ISIS, further fuelling the flames of fear and hatred against Muslims

It is kind of interesting seeing Canada collectively pee themselves while their leaders simultaneously declare their continued devotion to the countries 'values' even as they gut their democracy and rights in the wake of F18 bombers leaving to join the Iraqi civil war.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Old 24-10-2014, 15:17   #56
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Extract from the BBC news web, dont'cha just love that backwoods spirit and resourcfullness shining through.The italics are mine.

It has also emerged that Prime Minister Stephen Harper hid in a cupboard in parliament for about 15 minutes during Wednesday's attack as MPs sharpened flagpoles to use as spears against the gunman.
And would you not have done the same?
We can all be brave when untested(and unlikely to be).
There is being a fool and being a dead fool...and I know which I would choose.
Old 24-10-2014, 15:32   #57

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
The image of a cowering Baird and Kenney hiding in a barricaded office must have proven a stark contrast to the swaggering, macho manner in which these men urged Canada to declare war on ISIS, further fuelling the flames of fear and hatred against Muslims
You do realise that there are laws regarding plagiarism

Reflections on a violent day in Ottawa | rabble.ca

If you are going to join into a grown up conversation at least use your own words and observations
Less, Margaret Pilkington and Eric like this.
Old 24-10-2014, 15:35   #58
Beacon of light

Quote:
Like it or not E your government (like most) works for the banking elite and military industry (not your fellow Canadians).

Was this shooting 'another' false flag? i don’t have any absolute confirmation.But there are plenty of indications to suggest it may of been.One example is that after the shooting, the Mounties or whatever you call them asked the public not to post any pics/videos....why?

Is it because your authorities wanted to quickly seize control of the narrative and avoid embarrassments like the Boston Bombing photos showing that Craft International operatives, not the Tsarnaev brothers, carried out the attack? Hmmm

It is kind of interesting seeing Canada collectively pee themselves while their leaders simultaneously declare their continued devotion to the countries 'values' even as they gut their democracy and rights in the wake of F18 bombers leaving to join the Iraqi civil war.
So you post that this shooting may have been a 'false flag' issue...but that you have no confirmation of this...no evidence other than some bogus stuff from disreputable web sites whose main aim is to sow dissent.....to do what you claim the Canadian government is doing...sowing propaganda.
As for the stuff about the Boston Bombings...that is another conspiracy theory...has it been proved?

Indications are not evidence...and for goodness sake you aren't even in that country. You are getting your information or misinformation from the same source as the rest of us......the media.

As to fuelling the flames of hatred against Muslims......don't you think that some muslims(namely the members of IS) have done this themselves by putting out videos of aid workers and humanitarians whom they have kidnapped, and then beheaded, has done that.

If some crazed gunman was chasing after you, I think you would do what you could do avoid being his target practice....and you might have peed yourself in the process.

You are seeing the whole situation at long distance and through the eyes of what the media wants to show you........you fail to see that in this situation there are humans who have had the life of someone they loved snuffed out prematurely, a child has lost his father.
Whether this was an act of terrorism or whether it was just someone who was gun crazy makes very little difference to you personally.

You do not KNOW and you do not have evidence...so why bother to post.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-10-2014 at 15:38.
Old 24-10-2014, 15:50   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
You do realise that there are laws regarding plagiarism

Reflections on a violent day in Ottawa | rabble.ca

If you are going to join into a grown up conversation at least use your own words and observations
Are you suggesting my quote was used illegally?
Have a read of this book it's very informative:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005ZO...&robot_redir=1

I know,I should of perhaps quoted the link in but,I'm only living upto my label and "Shiite disturbing" .

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Old 24-10-2014, 15:58   #60
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: Testing the limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Don't worry, he's a shiite disturber.
Eric we all know what he is, unfortunately like a spoilt child he is 'Testing To The Limits'.
Margaret Pilkington and Eric like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..