Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2007, 14:52   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: The young, and Mental health problems.

No, it was a follow-up to that one Ianto, where they were considering a proposal to analyse the potentiality of someone committing an offence so they could be locked away before they do.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2007, 15:02   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
No, it was a follow-up to that one Ianto, where they were considering a proposal to analyse the potentiality of someone committing an offence so they could be locked away before they do.
Perhaps this is a further solution to the paedophile issue then? That would rightfully make sense. Or those who are suicidal, dont they already get sectioned?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 16:01   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmoon View Post
What on earth is navel gazing?
Looking at ships ... it's the mispeling that confuses you.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 16:20   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ah lol I didnt realise it was meant to mean looking at ships. I honestly thought she meant looking at our own belly buttons. I remember the girls at school who had their belly buttons pierced used to poke at it alot
Old 20-06-2007, 16:39   #35
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Perhaps this is a further solution to the paedophile issue then? That would rightfully make sense. Or those who are suicidal, dont they already get sectioned?

Quite possibly a suggested solution to the paedophile problem but I'm not sure we can justify locking people up when they have committed no crime.

I'm not sure what the situation is with people who are suicidal. I knew a young girl who voluntarily admitted herself to the old BRI ward and boy was that a depressing place.

Old 20-06-2007, 16:44   #36
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Or those who are suicidal, dont they already get sectioned?
Not these days... I know 2 women recently who have massively overdosed, neither of whom were sectioned. The NHS no longer has enough beds in mental health units to section every suicide attempt. A sad state of the NHS at the moment, if money is needed for Med/Surg it is taken from Mental Health and Maternity Services.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 16:47   #37
Resident Waffler

Funny thing about the suicidal girl I mentioned - she had a serious accident and it changed her whole life. All thoughts of suicide were gone after she'd had the unexpected brush with death. She fought for life and won.

Old 20-06-2007, 16:59   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Funny thing about the suicidal girl I mentioned - she had a serious accident and it changed her whole life. All thoughts of suicide were gone after she'd had the unexpected brush with death. She fought for life and won.
Well often suicides are more of a cry for help rather than actually wanting to die arent they. Once you realise the value of your life after something like that I guess you learn to appreciate it even if it is a bit ****.

And lettie I never thought about the lack of money in regards to sectioning suicidal people, its a shame really.
Old 20-06-2007, 17:04   #39
Member.

A young woman jumped off the bus station in Blackpool last night. I accept what lettie say's in regard to the state of the NHS.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 17:06   #40
Resident Waffler

I agree that a lot of attempted suicides are a cry for help but some people, like the one Doug just mentioned simply want an end to a life they cannot cope with.

Old 20-06-2007, 18:44   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Margaret.....I know that depression is debilitating, however it comes about......what I am saying is that perhaps there is an element of misdiagnosis. The person I am talking about had never had a realistic assessment, but was just sent away with a script for drugs which made the situation even worse.
i work in mental health and it id difficult to get mental health problems diagnosed. some people have to wait months and somtimes years to get a proper diagnosis. it is time this changed then people didnt have to suffer to long
barbs58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 20:05   #42
Beacon of light

Quote:
Naval is to do with the navy.....Navel is to do with the belly button or more properly called the umbilicus.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 20:55   #43
God Member

Quote:
Naval is to do with the navy.....Navel is to do with the belly button or more properly called the umbilicus.
Did you intentionally mean the belly button then?
Old 20-06-2007, 22:09   #44
God Member

Quote:
Really! Ah, so naval surgeon now makes more sense. I didn't think doctors had become THAT specialized
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 11:49   #45
God Member

Quote:
Really! Ah, so naval surgeon now makes more sense. I didn't think doctors had become THAT specialized
Lol doctor: 'your naval area is badly infected, we shall have to call in the naval surgeon to remove it'

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..