Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2005, 06:38   #16
God Member

Re: Their is Hope,"I Hope". Read This.

It does focus you on not worrying about the petty things in life. To see the true value of the one you love is one of the most enlightening things in a life. Make the most of every second as you never know when you wish you could. Events like yesterday show how suddenly your choices can come to an end. I think about those people killed yesterday and wonder what loved ones they left that morning not knowing that they wouldn't be coming home. What were their persoanl situations, had they had a petty argument. I do hope not. I make a point every morning of kissing Julie good bye.

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2005, 09:04   #17
Senior Member+

Thanks for that fireman, i too had tears in my eyes after reading. Very touching story.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:14   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
Thanks for that fireman, i too had tears in my eyes after reading. Very touching story.
And a lump in my throat. People like that man are this Countries backbone, the unsung heros
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 15:16   #19
Beacon of light

When watching yesterdays terrible events unfold.....I. like entwisi wondered about the personal situations of those killed and seriously maimed in the bombing.......and how cavalier we can all be about our day to day relationships with the folk who mean the most to us........today, if you have someone in your life who you love dearly....go and give them a hug.......they might not know why, but YOU will.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 08-07-2005 at 17:59. Reason: sausage fingers....oops!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 16:09   #20

Nice thought Margaret we don't realize how well off we are until something like this takes place .
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 18:04   #21

Congratulations must go to fireman for posting what I think is the best post on this site that I have read. It really shows that no matter what life throws at you, love will conquer all.

John
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 18:10   #22
Give, give, give member

Thank you Ian, aka Fireman. x

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 18:21   #23
Resident Waffler

Thank you for sharing that with us fireman. If only we could all be like him.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 20:01   #24
white rabbits

Talking Re: Their is Hope,"I Hope". Read This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
no one will ever know what they want to know unless its to late!life is to short to argue and fall out when you meet someone you like /love make the most of it living is not for ever.
go on then staggers i will forgive you for pinching my arcade award,,
that poem has made me go all mellow..
Old 08-07-2005, 21:28   #25

Thanks everyone it touched a nerve with me and made me think how fragile life is and how we should look after each other and our loved ones I'm glad it made us all think a little. Espacially on such a tragic day for many people in our country. The only thing to be said now is, we will not let the ba----ds grind us down, many have tried, and failed, we are made of much stronger stuff than they never will be. We stand together and bombers can not get us all. If we all look after and love our own then we are all loved and therefore we are strong and noone can infiltrate us. Ian x
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 22:06   #26

Just a quickie. I have just returned tonight from ther Midlands where it is suspected these thugs were based. The town was dead on Friday & not a coloured member of society showed their face until late on Friday, maybe ashamed of their no doubt minority group who carried out Thursdays atrocity. However on Saturday the town was back & bustling & even spoke to an asian taxi driver at midnight who said the town was bursting. No doubt Fireman that the british spirit goes on regardless. Never heard a thing about Birmingham even though it was only thirty miles down the road. That does not mean to say that those who perished are not forgotten. Hope the powers that be sort out the scandal of the premium rate phone line for relatives who want info on lost ones too-that is a disgrace to those who died.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..