Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 19:31   #1

Their is Hope,"I Hope". Read This.

Aclose friened sent me this today and in the liht of the horrifoc events of today lets all hope that love like this still exists !
It was a busy morning in casualty 8.30am, when an elderly gent walked into have stiches removed from his thumb. He stated that he was in a hurryas he had an appointment at 9am. Itook a look at his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour beforeanyone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided since I was not busy with another patient to evaluate his wound. On examination I found that it was well healed , so I talked to one of the doctors,and got the needed supplies to remove the sutures and redress the wound. Whist taking care of his wound, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctors appiontmentthis mornin, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I then enquired as to her health. He told me that she had been their for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer Disease. As we talked and \I finished dressing his wound,I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer new who he was, and that she had not recognised him for 5 years now.

I was surprised and asked him,"And you still go every morning, even though she does not know who you are?". He smiled and patted my handand said. Shedoesn't know me, but I still know who she is".

I had to hold back tearsas he left, I had goose bumps on my arms, and thought, " That is the kind of love I want in my life".

True love is neither physical nor romantic. true love is an acceptance of all that is,has been, will be and will not be. Withall the jokes and fun that sre in e.mails, sometimes their are some that come alongthat have an important message,and this is one of those kind. Justhad to share it with you all at this time of tragedy.

Oh. by the way,PEACE is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way.

Let all our thoughts go out tonight to those who have suffered at the hands of the terrorist cowards whoever they may be and may they never be able to clear their mind of the misery they have cause others who asked for nothing but a living. ian.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2005, 19:35   #2
God Member

Re: Their is Hope,"I Hope". Read This.

That really is beautiful Fireman
Old 07-07-2005, 19:37   #3

Hope more people think so and think about this cruel and shameful world wher most people think of themselves only .x
Old 07-07-2005, 19:46   #4
white rabbits

reading that,puts everything into perpective,,..i now have a big lump in my throat ..
Old 07-07-2005, 21:00   #5
God Member

I too have a lump in my throat, it certainly makes you feel haw lucky we are.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 21:06   #6
God Member

Omg!! I have a tear in my eye. I am a auxhillary nurse who looks after dementia patients and GOD do I wish all family members could be like that.
I see some hurtful things in my line of work, wish more people could be like that chap!!!! GOOD ON HIM.
And if they were this horrible, horrible world would be such a peaceful place.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 21:15   #7

I agree love people can be awful.
Old 07-07-2005, 21:20   #8
white rabbits

Unhappy Re: Their is Hope,"I Hope". Read This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Omg!! I have a tear in my eye. I am a auxhillary nurse who looks after dementia patients and GOD do I wish all family members could be like that.
I see some hurtful things in my line of work, wish more people could be like that chap!!!! GOOD ON HIM.
And if they were this horrible, horrible world would be such a peaceful place.
that just about sums it up ,,,,after whats happened today ..
Old 07-07-2005, 22:16   #9
God Member

aww bless him, it certainly makes you look at thinks in a whole new way, just remember people amongst all this pain there are so many loving, caring and wonderful people out there..... and I reckon that includes all you lot on here too!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 23:33   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its a wonderful story fireman,a not so wonderful world.
Old 07-07-2005, 23:43   #11
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman
Hope more people think so and think about this cruel and shameful world wher most people think of themselves only .x
This is something that's played out every day a thousand times over freeman. The only way that people take notice of such events is when others bring these heartening and companionate stories in to the light of our world. I have spent 20 years of my working life with the elderly and the infirm. For them it’s a very lonely life, and for them the greatest kindness you can give is taking the time to listen, even when they don’t hear you, you hear them, if you listen, and they have so much to say. What we miss is the fact that we are less than a heartbeat behind them and what you and your friend have done is open a window into another world we are often to afraid to share. I for one feel humbled by this story and like many times before I feel heartened and determined to down better for those who can’t care for themselves. Thank you and thank your friend.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 23:46   #12

Thumbs up Re: Their is Hope,"I Hope". Read This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman
Aclose friened sent me this today and in the liht of the horrifoc events of today lets all hope that love like this still exists !
It was a busy morning in casualty 8.30am, when an elderly gent walked into have stiches removed from his thumb. He stated that he was in a hurryas he had an appointment at 9am. Itook a look at his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour beforeanyone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided since I was not busy with another patient to evaluate his wound. On examination I found that it was well healed , so I talked to one of the doctors,and got the needed supplies to remove the sutures and redress the wound. Whist taking care of his wound, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctors appiontmentthis mornin, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I then enquired as to her health. He told me that she had been their for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer Disease. As we talked and \I finished dressing his wound,I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer new who he was, and that she had not recognised him for 5 years now.

I was surprised and asked him,"And you still go every morning, even though she does not know who you are?". He smiled and patted my handand said. Shedoesn't know me, but I still know who she is".

I had to hold back tearsas he left, I had goose bumps on my arms, and thought, " That is the kind of love I want in my life".

True love is neither physical nor romantic. true love is an acceptance of all that is,has been, will be and will not be. Withall the jokes and fun that sre in e.mails, sometimes their are some that come alongthat have an important message,and this is one of those kind. Justhad to share it with you all at this time of tragedy.

Oh. by the way,PEACE is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way.

Let all our thoughts go out tonight to those who have suffered at the hands of the terrorist cowards whoever they may be and may they never be able to clear their mind of the misery they have cause others who asked for nothing but a living. ian.
nice,very nice (the top bit)
.. apest1 ..
apest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 23:48   #13

Just shows that it is not what you know, it is who you know that matters. Anyone can attain knowledge on the surface but few can get to really know their life partner as this gentleman obviously did. That is true knowledge.
Old 08-07-2005, 00:18   #14
land of hope and glory

no one will ever know what they want to know unless its to late!only been in a pub for 5.5 year and the things you see,hear,and miss is unbelievable. you hear all, see all, ands say nowt. try and cope with that?i started a private blog, the first words i put into it about a certain person was short lived he died the day after!in the first 12 mths i was in here went to so many funerals,its so hard and you are supposed to stand behind a bar and look good........forget it.life is to short to argue and fall out when you meet someone you like /love make the most of it living is not for ever.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:48   #15

What wonderful words Fireman. Thanks for sharing that with us.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..