Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 18:32   #1
God Member

total scum

just to let people know this what the green brigade the so called ultras of celtic had this display today total scum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CXm26.jpg (83.8 KB, 102 views)
Old 06-11-2010, 22:29   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: total scum

I lived in Glasgow for three years.

I love the city, and it's people.

The only downside was the sectarianism, practiced by both sides.

Old Firm match days, this great city turns into Beiruit.

That I don't miss.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:58   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I lived in Glasgow for three years.

I love the city, and it's people.

The only downside was the sectarianism, practiced by both sides.

Old Firm match days, this great city turns into Beirut.

That I don't miss.
I never realised just how bad it was over the boarder until I worked in Glasgow G, Scotland's a lovely country spoiled by religious bigotry, although signs like that have no place at football matches or anywhere else for that matter
Old 07-11-2010, 11:41   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

What is the reasoning behind it ? I get the gist but what is the story behind it ? Do you have some background info C'mon ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:04   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
What is the reasoning behind it ? I get the gist but what is the story behind it ? Do you have some background info C'mon ?
Its the British Army IRA thing Dave, its just strange that I haven't heard anything about this incident either on TV, on the news or in the papers
Old 07-11-2010, 12:50   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its the British Army IRA thing Dave, its just strange that I haven't heard anything about this incident either on TV, on the news or in the papers
Thought it was something along those lines but what these, mindless bigots seem to have forgotten is that the Poppy symbol relates to all sacrifices made by the British Military & not just it's recent history.

The simple fact these creatures have obviously forgotten is, they are being allowed to display these sickening comments due in a great part to these Lads & Lasses who've given their lives to protect freedom & the right to free speech so imbeciles like these waving their mindless banners can do so.

C'mon, we don't always see eye to eye on here but with this one, you took the words right out of my mouth, although there are plenty more I'd like to add.
Old 07-11-2010, 14:03   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
its just strange that I haven't heard anything about this incident either on TV, on the news or in the papers
The media treat it with the contempt it deserves, and ignore it. Why give the idiots any publicity?

I remember going into a packed pub in Scotland during an Old Firm game on TV. Not a football jersey in sight! My Scottish pal told me the wearing of "colours" had long since been banned because they lead to too much trouble.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 15:43   #8
Give, give, give member

Not so much in the city cente or the westend, but drink anywhere else, and you'll be asked, sooner or later, 'Which side ya on, big man?'

Knowing full well they wanted to know if you were Celtic or Rangers, and therefore whether you were a proddy dog, or a papist devil, I'd usually answer 'Normally to the left, but it really depends on what I'm wearing'.

It they persisted, I'd say 'Oh you mean which football team!'

'Queen of the South, actually.'

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 15:59   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Not so much in the city cente or the westend, but drink anywhere else, and you'll be asked, sooner or later, 'Which side ya on, big man?'

Knowing full well they wanted to know if you were Celtic or Rangers, and therefore whether you were a proddy dog, or a papist devil, I'd usually answer 'Normally to the left, but it really depends on what I'm wearing'.

It they persisted, I'd say 'Oh you mean which football team!'

'Queen of the South, actually.'

A very wise man indeed
Old 07-11-2010, 17:19   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
The media treat it with the contempt it deserves, and ignore it. Why give the idiots any publicity?

I remember going into a packed pub in Scotland during an Old Firm game on TV. Not a football jersey in sight! My Scottish pal told me the wearing of "colours" had long since been banned because they lead to too much trouble.
I worked at the Celtic Supporters Club in 1972 (Same year Rangers won the cup winners cup, but that's another story) We were doing a full faze refit to the ustairs concert room, new bar, ceilings, wall paneling, carpets and furniture the full Monty. We got quite friendly with a few of the committee, and on the day we fit the bar one came up o us and said you'll have to replace that, what the blue screen, we used to have Orra glass panels of various colours blues greens reds yellows orange etc, made into pillar screens, I just ask why, its Rangers colours somebody will put their fist through it on opening night, so we sent down to William St to get it replaced. Nearing he end of the job the carpet fitters arrived to lay the carpet, which turned out to be Royal Blue, I shouted to the same chap that had told us about the Orra Glass and ask him why the blue carpet, you walk on that he said the mind boggles. Not only that but about 3 weeks later I wen back on a snagging trip and when I went in the room the carpet was completely covered in cigarette burns, it looked like it was 6 years old not 3 weeks
Old 07-11-2010, 17:37   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

On top of that they're also belittling the bravery,courage & steadfastness of many fine Scottish & Irish fighting men & regiments who've served with pride. loyalty & distinction in the past & in the present day regardless of their own personal religious views.
Old 07-11-2010, 17:44   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
On top of that they're also belittling the bravery,courage & steadfastness of many fine Scottish & Irish fighting men & regiments who've served with pride. loyalty & distinction in the past & in the present day regardless of their own personal religious views.
Think your trying to say they're numpties Dave
Old 07-11-2010, 17:51   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Think your trying to say they're numpties Dave
Suppose I am Jay, but believe me the words I'd choose to describe these cretins go way beyond what is acceptable on here & their use would have me banned for life.
Old 07-11-2010, 22:48   #14
God Member

Quote:
Very true... and yet another example of religious rather than national bigotry.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 22:58   #15
God Member

Who cares about Scotland anyway? Along with the frogs they are Englands oldest enemies and despite 300 years of bailing them out they still winge. I notice on the telly today that that fat Sottish hypocrite Salmon was marching to save an RAF base; this is a guy who wants no truck with England and a UK. Pathetic.

Shut down the bases and move 'em to England, then give the Jocks their independence and then let 'em rot in hell.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..