Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2006, 12:06   #1
Senior Member+

Town Centre CCTV

I work in the town centre & just wondering if everyone was aware that the CCTV system & police radio link (pubs to police) is still not working. It has been offline now for more than 2 months since the council moved everything to the new location at Greenbank in Blackburn. I've been informed that it will be back on in approximately 2 weeks, but, i've heard this before.

http://www.AccyJay.piczo.com/
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2006, 13:48   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Town Centre CCTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
It has been offline now for more than 2 months since the council moved everything to the new location at Greenbank in Blackburn.
This sounds like HBC bashing again. I thought it was the Police who controlled the cctv
Old 29-08-2006, 14:00   #3
God Member

Hi . I am a proffesional thief and part time trouble maker... many thanks for the heads up on the cctv
Old 29-08-2006, 14:05   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Hi . I am a proffesional thief and part time trouble maker... many thanks for the heads up on the cctv
You all seem like a sensible bunch here, that's why i submitted my post. Most of the idiots in town already know about the CCTV. Hense the fact that trouble on fri/sat night is on the increase.

http://www.AccyJay.piczo.com/
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 16:14   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
I was also thinking this wasn't an ideal thread to put on the internet-how can you say were a "sensible bunch" from a few messages we put on here?and for 20 sensible members there may be 1 bad un'.
Plus people who are not members can view these threads anyway
Not being nasty just think its not something i would have broadcast to all and sundry.

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 16:24   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty
I was also thinking this wasn't an ideal thread to put on the internet-how can you say were a "sensible bunch" from a few messages we put on here?and for 20 sensible members there may be 1 bad un'.
Plus people who are not members can view these threads anyway
Not being nasty just think its not something i would have broadcast to all and sundry.

I don't think the drunken louts that roam the streets care if they are on CCTV or not, as can be seen by the many vicious attacks, and sometimes murderous acts, that are reported on the news and accompanied by video footage of these terrible crimes.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 16:44   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Hi . I am a proffesional thief and part time trouble maker..
I thought you were a professional trouble maker
Old 29-08-2006, 17:19   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
Hense the fact that trouble on fri/sat night is on the increase.
Where's your proof? I've seen nothing myself or reports in the news to suggest an increase in trouble in the town centre!

Sorry, but it bugs the life out of me when people start saying its rough to go drinking in Accy Town Centre. It's no different than any other town centre at week-ends and between the police, door staff and pub watch they do a pretty good job of keeping drinkers safe IMHO!
Old 29-08-2006, 17:25   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Where's your proof? I've seen nothing myself or reports in the news to suggest an increase in trouble in the town centre!

Sorry, but it bugs the life out of me when people start saying its rough to go drinking in Accy Town Centre. It's no different than any other town centre at week-ends and between the police, door staff and pub watch they do a pretty good job of keeping drinkers safe IMHO!

I agree. According to local reports this summer in the press trouble has decreased in Accrington and district since the licencing laws were recently changed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 17:35   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I agree. According to local reports this summer in the press trouble has decreased in Accrington and district since the licencing laws were recently changed.
The Police have come to the end of "Operation Summer Nights" so maybe the druken kids will be back on the streets shortly.
Old 29-08-2006, 17:51   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
The Police have come to the end of "Operation Summer Nights" so maybe the druken kids will be back on the streets shortly.
Neil sorry but the town centre at weekends has been ok for a number of years not just due to an "operation". There really is a high visiblity police presence weekend nights and I think it's works.

Yes the CCTV is extra eyes for the bobbies patroling the area but it's the beat bobbies that have made the difference. I'd say you pass a beat bobby or a patroling vehicle every 5-7 minutes on a weekend night. Not much time for any major problems to break out.
Old 29-08-2006, 17:55   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Yep you can't beat bobbies on the ground to deter trouble makers. Is that why you and AccyMel keep going to the Shoulder of Mutton?
Old 29-08-2006, 17:56   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Yep you can't beat bobbies on the ground to deter trouble makers. Is that why you and AccyMel keep going to the Shoulder of Mutton?
No its cos old age creeping in now
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 18:13   #14
Resting in Peace

I read that about Crime dropping in the centre, unfortunately .. can't find now, wrapped me left overs in the pages of the Observer.

Ok, so BR made a wild statement that didn't suit, however, they
should be working by now, and obviously this transition has not run smoothly.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 18:29   #15

If anything should kick off in town because the cameras are not working surely we can’t blame anyone here for that. we are probably the last to hear about it.
Get them fixed.
Shane. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..