Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2005, 18:22   #61
Beacon of light

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS ,,(and nothing but the truth).......

I don't want you to be trying to get your own back for the telling off you got recently....which IMHO you did not deserve. Oh and pal meaty chunks are much cheaper than wild salmon.
And there is a way around the oven proof dish thing....use a tinfoil dish...same advice next time you cook salmon......line the grill pan with foil and throw it away.....Voila.....marital harmony!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2005, 18:32   #62

Marital harmony is a complete contradiction in terms x
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 18:29   #63
Beacon of light

OK fireman......maybe I will re-phrase that......less marital disharmony!
Old 12-03-2005, 18:52   #64
God Member

Oh i know I'm going to regret this post but Slinky will only tell you what I did if I don't tell you myself

When i was about 7 year old we had two pet mice Mickey a black and white mouse and Minnie who was a white albino mouse. We weren't allowed to get the mice out of their cage unless one of our parents were there. Well........... one morning I got up very early with Slinky and whilst our parents were still in bed I decided to get the mice out. After playing with them for a few minutes Minnie bit me very hard on my finger so i bit it back on it's tail. The poor little thing died a few days later from an infection in it's tail from were i had bitten it, I only came clean about what I had done a couple of years ago!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 19:04   #65
Give, give, give member

Peeing myself.
lt's a good job The Sun didn't get hold of the story, it would have made 'Freddie Starr ate my Hamster' look very tame!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 19:12   #66
Beacon of light

This is another one of my sins......and again I am ashamed of myself......I'll never make a good buddhist. My daughter, who was about 5 at the time won a goldfish at the fair........we had to go and buy a bowl for it, and I could have spent the money on something more useful.......we had the fish for about 4 weeks and I was a bit fed up of it, so one night I put a bit of bleach into the water. Next morning goldfish was floating belly up. Never admitted to this until now. Flushed the dead thing down the toilet and told daughter I had buried it.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-03-2005 at 19:13. Reason: stiff little fingers
Old 12-03-2005, 19:21   #67
Give, give, give member

This is a confession my Mum made to me no one knows, [sorry Ma.]
At the time of the Coranation my Mum was 9, and poor as a Church mouse. In school assembly the Head asked if anyone was going to watch the event on television, still a rare thing then. A few little hands were raised, and to bolster her low self esteem my Mum raised her hand and said her Uncle was taking her to London, to watch the thing for real.
The day of pomp and pagentry was spent hiding in a hen house on said Uncle's pen, so as not to be seen to be a liar.
Luckily before returning to school she was able to watch the whole thing at the pictures. This enabled her to stand in front of the whole school, and give her talk on 'My day in London watching the Coronation.' When really like most kids then, a trip to Blackpool was as far as any of them ever dreamed of going.
Apparently her talk was really entertaining. l don't know who l take after

Old 12-03-2005, 19:23   #68
Beacon of light

I do Garinda!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 19:24   #69
Beacon of light

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a healthy imagination and a flair for embellishment.
Old 12-03-2005, 19:27   #70
Give, give, give member

lol. l'm just glad your Daughter entertained you more than the fish did!

Old 12-03-2005, 19:31   #71
Beacon of light

I'd never get away with it......besides she is bigger than me!
Old 12-03-2005, 19:34   #72
Beacon of light

Although I did once leave her outside the post office on Barnes Square......she was in her pram and I was in a hurry to get home.......I got nearly all the way home when I remembered that I had parked her outside the post office. She was still there, fast asleep when I got back. Must've been having a 'blonde' moment....with apologies to all the blondes on Accyweb.
Old 12-03-2005, 19:36   #73
Passed away 25-11-09

Mothers! It must have been in about 1947, mine released my brothers' new pet white mice (she couldn't stand them) into the fields behind our house. She told my brothers they had escaped. For years and years afterwards neighbours were reporting sightings of odd looking mice in the area. Mum never let on.

footnote: If you live in West End and there are still brown and white mice running around - you know who to blame.
Old 12-03-2005, 19:41   #74
Give, give, give member

l lived up Stanhill in the late 60's/70's and can confirm we had mutant mice we thought were strange field mice every winter under the sink. They didn't travel that far in 20 years though did they?

Old 12-03-2005, 20:06   #75

We had mice in a house we bought in Spencer Street My father in law, An old Ossy resident used to live in Dowrey Street He told me that the street was overun with mice so he used to take a cat in off the street for the night to clear the mice, Well after a few pints in the POP club one saturday night, off we went to Dowrey Street. The first cat we saw was duly abducted and taken home to Spencer Street. I was less than useless so I turfed it out to find it'own way home. I wandered up the street looking for a good mouser and soon found a mean looking cat sat on a wall. The minute I bent down to get it ,it lashed out with a well aimed set of claws and ropped my shirt to threads . We decided the mice were less dangerous.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..