Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 20:41   #16
Beacon of light

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS ,,(and nothing but the truth).......

Aaaaaah John, I hope the music made up for the let down!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2005, 20:52   #17

Red face Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS ,,(and nothing but the truth).......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman
Thats tough John bet you hate barmaids now eh! Order me a 7and7 for when i'm out their in may.
Will do fireman.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 20:53   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Aaaaaah John, I hope the music made up for the let down!
The music was great Margaret.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 21:46   #19
Give, give, give member

l rated my own journal last night and gave it top marks! l was going to do it to someone elses but l sort of got mixed up, and then had to give everyone else a mark so they were all equal again.
In my defence l haven't slept in 48 hours and feel a bit spaced out. But l've been racked with guilt and thought the moderator's could see what l'd done, and think me a right conceited idiot.
Thank you for letting me unburden myself, l'm off to walk to Canterbury on my knees now as recompence.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 21:51   #20
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Gave myself loads of extra work that night I did......all the men wanted to know what had happened and I told them that the new auxiliary hadn't seen a dead person before.

I am ashamed of myself......but I didn't learn my lesson.......I did more naughty things..... but you'll have to buy my book to find out about those.
thats a great story, ihave tears in my eyes with laughing ..
Old 10-03-2005, 21:59   #21

No need for recompence Garinda we all accept your confession. just don't do it again.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 22:07   #22
Passed away 25-11-09

It was many years ago that I used to work with a young man who was a lay preacher. It was just after the days of National Service and such were his beliefs that he, as a conscientious objector, had done his service in the local hospital, doing the most menial jobs. He would never buy a raffle ticket for a good cause because he disapproved of gambling, though he would always make a donation. Above all, he would not touch alcohol. He had signed "The Pledge".

One Friday we had an office trip to Blackpool. We hired a coach and had the afternoon on the Golden Mile, followed by an evening in the Tower ballroom then through the illuminations before heading back home.

We all congregated at the bar in the tower and someone, I swear it wasn't me, persuaded him to have a cider and assured him it was non-alcoholic (it was and it was strong stuff). He tried one and he loved it. I was guilty of persuading him to have another, and another, and - well, I think he had 6 all together. When he made a show of himself on the dance floor I thought it was hilarious. When he was sick in the coach park I told him it was the fish and chips he'd eaten earlier. When he fell into a deep, snoring sleep on the coach I laughed as much as anyone.

On the following Monday he came to work and thanked everyone for a fantastic night out and said it just showed you could have a good time without getting drunk.

I have felt guilty ever since.
Old 10-03-2005, 22:24   #23

It was probably the best night he ever had bet he never ate fish and chips again though.haha
Old 11-03-2005, 04:08   #24
I am Banned

i once got locked in my friends bedsit and had to use his flask to pee in as i couldnt get out the room to use the toilet situated upstairs

months later we went camping and at the last minuite before setting off he hollard quick get the flask and make some coffee while i finish packing the car

it was a rush job and the pee was still in the flask so i quickly emptied the contents of the flask down the sink and chucked in a few spoons of coffe and some boiling water

later that day in camp i sat by sipping my can of coke watching my 2 friends and our girlfriends enjoy their loverly cup of cofee

it would have remained a secret amongst us to this day but when splitting up with that particular girlfriend i pointed out that she had drank my urine as i was loosing the argument lol.

another time some idiot abandoned their car in our parking space and no one went near it for 6 weeks so we tried the door and it was open and found a spare key then took it to the scrap yard and had a night out on the beer with what we got for it

a few days later we were driving towards clayton and saw some realy upset looking guy towing the car back towards accy lol

edit:

would like to add the car was in bad shape and 6 months out of tax so after 6 weeks we assumed it had been abandoned but it turned out it was a tax dodger so in a way he paid a tax getting his car back from the scrappers lol

the police didnt want to know about it when we rang so we took matters into our own hands you could say lol

Last edited by chav1; 11-03-2005 at 04:30.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:41   #25
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I do have a confession, but it is already in the Anything Goes section, so just bear with me as I will go and find it. It will be quicker to cut and paste...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:49   #26
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

On my way to work one morning, a few years ago, I phoned my hubby (now ex) and asked him to take the chops out of the freezer to defrost for tea. When I got home the empty packet was sat on the sink draining board, and the cat looked slightly sheepish. I eventually found the chops buried in the cat litter tray. So I swilled them under the tap and cooked them. He came in from playing footie, absolutely drunk out of his mind and demanding his tea, which I duly served up with a smile on my face. I had made myself chicken and eaten it before he came home.

He was also the recipient of one of my extra special dog food sarnies. Again coming home drunk from footy the typical slurring 'where's my tea?' demand. So I made him a chum sandwich with salad on it. It must have been good because he asked for another one..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:49   #27
Senior Member+

Excellent post westender, realy made me giggle. lol
Old 11-03-2005, 08:31   #28

LETTIE your an evil woman hope I never get on the wrong side of you. You musr recite all the posts on Accy Web 3 times and feed the dog a steak...........
Old 11-03-2005, 08:44   #29
Give, give, give member

The confession l'll only come out with when l'm really, really drunk, involves a French Farmer, and a bedroom window, and could have led to me being imprisoned in a French jail.
Not teasing you, l'll probably spill the beans at The Stag, Easter Saturday, but l'm too ashamed to commit it to print.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:48   #30

My dear you should print it. Confession is good for the soul...... PLUS WE CAN GIVE YOU SOME STICK ON EASTER SATURDAY WHEN WE HAVE ALL READ IT .....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..