Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 19:11   #1
Caz
God Member

Twins, etc

Apologies if this is considered the wrong section.

Have noticed that apart from myself, there are at least 2 other members with twins, and I believe, someone with triplets.

Was wondering what experiences people have had. Difficulties, funny things that have happened, or whatever.

Or is anyone on here a twin. Did you have problems when you were growing up with trying to assert your own identity?

To start off, when my two were tiny, they began to develop their own twin language. They were about 18 months old at the time. Would say things to each other and no one had a clue what they were saying, but they obviously understood each other. Cue health visitor getting them a place at nursery as she thought this would arrest the situation.

Did you dress the children the same? I must admit to doing that when they were tiny because it was so much easier.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2009, 19:22   #2
God Member

Re: Twins, etc

my twin died in my mothers womb but years later strange paranormal activity started occuring in my life and around me

oh hang on thats the film unborn

sorry cant help you

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 19:33   #3
Senior Member+

I dress my two the same, and it is easier (although can be difficult always getting two of the same item) My two arnt identical though so do kinda have their own identities. Think I still would though if they were identical. These two amuse me when they keep passing the blame onto each other but are little monsters for fighting, even if i get two of the same toy they still seem to fight over the one of them (doesnt alsways have to be a toy involved, think that they just like fighting). but its cute when ones aslweep and the others not or for any reason (which is rare) that they are separated as they seem lost because their "other half" isnt there. They do have their moments where they are really comical and both have completely different personalities and attitudes. But are only 2 1/2 so a lot will change no doubt
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 19:35   #4
Caz
God Member

Apparently, left handedness is more common in twins, than in the population as a whole.

Anyone any ideas on whether this is down to genetics. Or do you think it is a case of one twin doing what the other does?

Mine are both lefties, but then my daughter is too.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 03-04-2009, 19:36   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Apparently, left handedness is more common in twins, than in the population as a whole.

Anyone any ideas on whether this is down to genetics. Or do you think it is a case of one twin doing what the other does?

Mine are both lefties, but then my daughter is too.
One of mine seems to use his left more than his right, havnt noticed it the same with the other though
Old 03-04-2009, 19:41   #6
Caz
God Member

Quote:
or for any reason (which is rare) that they are separated as they seem lost because their "other half" isnt there
Totally identify with that, when mine were younger.

As they grew older, particularly into their teens, it was entirely the opposite.
It became more of a competition. Take school work. If one did something to a certain standard, the other had to be at least equal. May seem like that is a healthy thing, but had no end of upset if one didn't aspire to the other in something.

As they went on, and took different subjects, the situation was alleviated somewhat.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 04-04-2009, 00:44   #7
God Member

[quote=emzy;700033]I dress my two the same, and it is easier

For whom..... I still get them mixed up and you love it I can tell by the smiling you do..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:59   #8
Senior Member+

[quote=cherokee;700206]
Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I dress my two the same, and it is easier

For whom..... I still get them mixed up and you love it I can tell by the smiling you do..

The ammount of times im asked "are they twins" is unreal though, think some people just think they are brothers with a small age gap between them. Someone asked the other day what age difference was between them, told them 38 minutes, she looked at me confused for a mo then realised that they were twins

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..