Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2012, 08:28   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Two Policewomen killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have been saying something similar for a long time BG........I agree with your concept, except, I would make them work so hard at doing something manual and useless(like move stones from one side of the yard to the other - then next day moving them all back) everyday until they were bone weary.......16 hours a day would seem about right.

That, or drop them on some inhospitable Scottish island with just enough grub for a week....they would have to build a bivouac, and fend for themselves......that would show how hard these thugs really are....if they survived, that is.
Quite agree Margaret, but has for dropping um off in the Scottish Islands, I'd much refer the upper reaches of the Amazon with no food at all
Old 19-09-2012, 08:43   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sorry, but the suggestions are to lenient, they should be at the end of a rope within 2 weeks maximum. These creatures that show no respect for the lives of others should expect no leniency themselves.

Everyday these things draw breath is a further slap in the face of the family of the innocent party.
Old 19-09-2012, 08:48   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Sorry, but the suggestions are to lenient, they should be at the end of a rope within 2 weeks maximum. These creatures that show no respect for the lives of others should expect no leniency themselves.

Everyday these things draw breath is a further slap in the face of the family of the innocent party.
Ya but don't forget Dave this scumbag has rights, funny how the families of the victims don't have the same rights
Old 19-09-2012, 08:49   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

And so says cashy.
Old 19-09-2012, 09:09   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
Bring back hanging for anyone who murders a police person or any member of the services,(ie ambulance,fire service)who are killed in the line of duty hang the scumbag
and whilst your at it, any paedophile, should have their testicles removed with a lump hammer and a cold chisel, no anaesthetic, on the town hall steps of the town they committed their crime, and leave the 4ckers there to bleed to death!!!!
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 09:12   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya but don't forget Dave this scumbag has rights,
No, once you cross the boundaries of accepted moral behaviour, those rights are forefeit in my view. Those that would defend & plead for these things should face a similarly severe punishment (not to the extreme in their case, but enough to warrant a valid chastisement for their complicity which is usually gain driven)
Old 19-09-2012, 09:12   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
That, or drop them on some inhospitable Scottish island with just enough grub for a week....they would have to build a bivouac, and fend for themselves......that would show how hard these thugs really are....if they survived, that is.
some of us see that as a holiday, and would pay good money.........just terminate them, or allow the family to decide the punishment, not some out of touch judge, allow the next of kin to pass judgement, some of victims families say they forgive the killer, and ont believe in the death penalty who are we to argue!
Old 19-09-2012, 09:49   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No, once you cross the boundaries of accepted moral behaviour, those rights are forefeit in my view. Those that would defend & plead for these things should face a similarly severe punishment (not to the extreme in their case, but enough to warrant a valid chastisement for their complicity which is usually gain driven)
Well yes I agree Dave, but you know good old Britain, and the human rights act that Blair said was his finest achievement in politics, well it is really, his wife and her mates have been milking it ever since
Old 19-09-2012, 09:51   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
some of us see that as a holiday, and would pay good money.........just terminate them, or allow the family to decide the punishment, not some out of touch judge, allow the next of kin to pass judgement, some of victims families say they forgive the killer, and Ont believe in the death penalty who are we to argue!
Some families might do, but the majority won't, and you can class me it that, I firmly believe they should be strung up
Old 19-09-2012, 09:55   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Some families might do, but the majority won't, and you can class me it that, I firmly believe they should be strung up
i would whole heartedley agree jay, however, if a victims family felt strong enough to spare someones life, so be it, their choice.

as i say let them decide the killers fate, not some out of touch judge, who doesnt live in the real world, or allow the jury to pass sentence.
Old 19-09-2012, 10:05   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i would whole heartedley agree jay, however, if a victims family felt strong enough to spare someones life, so be it, their choice.

as i say let them decide the killers fate, not some out of touch judge, who doesnt live in the real world, or allow the jury to pass sentence.
To be honest I think whats needed is that Judges have to retire at 60 not until they're unable to get into court because if senility, then we might get uptodate thinking on the matter
Old 19-09-2012, 10:08   #27
Senior Member+

i think a complete overhall of the judiciary is required, i have posted previously my feelings on " british justice" before.

let the people who have to share the community with these people decide.

how many judges do you know of that lives/shops in accrington?
Old 19-09-2012, 10:10   #28
Super Moderator

It's all very well talking about tougher sentences for murderers, but no British government has a hope in hell of moving towards such sentences, while we continue to be ruled by our masters in Brussels.

EU court slammed over human rights ruling for prisoners | UK News | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

This is what we get for meekly handing our independence over to the EU.
Old 19-09-2012, 10:12   #29
Senior Member+

one point i didnt raise when i talked about my "offence", was it was in Burnley, and at Burnley Crown Court, my brief told me it was "good" that it was in burnley, 2 reasons if i went to trial by jury, they would be more understanding because its more common place, and also from a sentencing point of view, the sentence would be more lenient, than if it was a leafy suburb of middle england.
Old 19-09-2012, 10:25   #30
Beacon of light

Quote:
some of us see that as a holiday, and would pay good money.........just terminate them, or allow the family to decide the punishment, not some out of touch judge, allow the next of kin to pass judgement, some of victims families say they forgive the killer, and ont believe in the death penalty who are we to argue!
Whaaaat........a holiday???? To be abandoned on a remote inhospitable island...with a minimum of(baisc) food an no shelter?
Are you some kind of masochist?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..