Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2004, 00:20   #1
Always EVIL within us

Talking Unusual restaurants.

Some time back, I returned to my roots (Bedfordshire) with Willow and visited a "local" pub for a bevy. While I was there, I "borrowed" their menu, I didn't have the opportunity to try any of their delights but would be interested to see if any pub in the Accy area offers similar? If not, next time I return to down south, we will try one or two of the items and let you know what it tastes like.

But what to go for?

Bison?....no, a little boring and a bit like beef probably, Buffalo would be the same, Springbok?? no, I don't think so.
Zebra!! Now that is different, except the french have been eating horsemeat for "donkeys years" (sorry )
I would like to try Wildebeast but can't get fly infestation out of my head...! so it must be Kudu....Naaaa, must be the same as Springbok. Anyone from Australia, Does Kangaroo red taste different from Kangaroo gray??

Can anyone suggest from the menu something that is slightly different? If not, I will stick with my usual...Crocodile A la Creme!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chalk hill.jpg (98.5 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Busman747; 19-11-2004 at 00:26.
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2004, 09:09   #2
God Member

Re: Unusual restaurants.

The Farmers arms at Ecclestone used to do quite a lot of this 'rare' type foods. Not sure if they still do as I've not been for a couple of years I've tried alsorts. There is very little I won't eat )

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 12:04   #3
Resting in peace

I did eat crocodile in Cuba. It's rather tough and tastes sort of like fishy chicken. I didn't have it a la creme, though.

It is a rather good way to get one's own back for the human race ...
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 12:26   #4

Well I fancy the Snake & Pigmy pie on the special menu at £8.50........but getting fresh pygmies must be difficult these days!

I've never seen an 8oz wild boar...they must be pretty small!

Last edited by Darby; 19-11-2004 at 12:28.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 13:07   #5
Resident Waffler

Sample conversation:

I fancy the Kudu
Who do? You do?
Do you?
Kudu?
I do. Do you?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 15:27   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Auberge in Rishton had wild boar on the menu, I'm going back 4 or 5 years here. I fancy the shark myself. Had it before, it's yummy..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 16:14   #7
land of hope and glory

dont bother with the restaurants,go into your local pub on a darts or dominoes night,you will get to eat for a pound.on tuesday just gone i put a game curry on......venison and chicken madras with chappattis, pakora,onion bajis. the locals and the dart team loved it! the pound is for a go on the football card and if you win that you have had a real night out.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 21:44   #8
Senior Member+

just try mcdonalds

they claim that its changed *L*
Old 20-11-2004, 00:03   #9
God Member

Just seen this thread...the 3rd one down under "Starters" looks interesting...DICK ROLLS...what can they be? Sausage in a bun?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 00:23   #10
Always EVIL within us

Talking Re: Unusual restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Just seen this thread...the 3rd one down under "Starters" looks interesting...DICK ROLLS...what can they be? Sausage in a bun?
Oh, Tealeaf, You must be quacking up, do you want to borrow my glasses??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..