Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2007, 18:21   #1
God Member

Urban Exploration craze

I have found this in the Telegraph
Urban Craze Danger Warning (from Lancashire Telegraph)
This might explain why the Con Club has been broken into.
The playing field changing hut near me is being accessed by teenagers who have broken in through the roof. If they are drinking and smoking in there they risk being trapped in it if a fire breaks out. The hut is due to be demolished but its demise is delayed because it awaits ASBESTOS testing.

If you have teens warn them about the stupid way they are risking death

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2007, 18:23   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Urban Exploration craze

Urban Exploration involves taking photo's of urban building.

There is a guy on here who is into it.

He posted some photos of accy con club up.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 18:32   #3
Senior Member+

Can i just add these people don't just look up derelict sites it is busy industrial sites such as william blyth's etc. Most of these people are not teenagers they are men and women who have full peices of PPE on them i have read the forum on numerous occasions and they recomend you take a mask with you to cover your mouth from abesto etc. They carry camera's worth more than the average on me and you would use. They arnt thick they use floresent jackets to get around with hardly being asked. It is actually amasing how the NHS left all the electric on with the Xray machine still connected up.How peoples health records where left there.Infact if you search accrington there is a brilliant peice on black abbey st path.

If anyone is intrested in learning more here is there website

UK Urban Exploration Forums

Last edited by Nickelson; 23-10-2007 at 18:32. Reason: forgot the site
Old 23-10-2007, 18:46   #4
God Member

Accy Con seems to be pretty secure now, having said that I don't particularly go looking for ways to get in. Have to agree with some of the comments if your child didn't know about it they have a good chance of hearing about it now. Glad my kids are grown up, no need to worry about them getting hurt in what could be dangerous buildings.
Old 23-10-2007, 21:58   #5
Senior Member+

The telegraph have not got a clue about "Urban Exploration" I frequently visit the forum "28DL" as it contains some great photography and a insite into what is around that isnt really seen.

I posted some time ago about this.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ing-32485.html
Old 23-10-2007, 22:00   #6
Senior Member+

Well said Mr D i also think it is a awesome site
Old 23-10-2007, 22:18   #7
God Member

Adults committing criminal acts which you appear to applaud
In the Law.com dictionary breaking and entering is defined-

breaking and entering
n. 1) the criminal act of entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If there is intent to commit a crime, this is burglary. If there is no such intent, the breaking and entering alone is probably at least illegal trespass, which is a misdemeanor crime.

trespass
n. entering another person's property without permission of the owner or his/her agent and without lawful authority (like that given to a health inspector) and causing any damage, no matter how slight. Any interference with the owner's (or a legal tenant's) use of the property is a sufficient showing of damage and is a civil wrong (tort) sufficient to form the basis for a lawsuit against the trespasser by the owner or a tenant using the property. Trespass includes erecting a fence on another's property or a roof which overhangs a neighbor's property, swinging the boom of a crane with loads of building materials over another's property, or dumping debris on another's real estate. In addition to damages, a court may grant an injunction prohibiting any further continuing, repeated or permanent trespass. Trespass for an illegal purpose is a crime

Old 23-10-2007, 22:44   #8

Whether a criminal act has been commited by gaining access to property or not, who is libel if those who break in get harmed in anyway. Should a property not be left secure and free of contaminants before it's desertion?
Old 23-10-2007, 22:50   #9
Senior Member+

They understand they are breaking a law at the end of the day they do it so you dont have to .
Old 23-10-2007, 23:03   #10
God Member

So they are a bunch of immature adults playing at a reality version of Tombraider

Old 24-10-2007, 00:00   #11
Senior Member+

Trespass is not a criminal offence.

Who says they break and enter?

Have you actuallly had a look at the site?
Old 24-10-2007, 00:03   #12
God Member

yes I read it
breaking and entering
n. 1) the criminal act of entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization

Old 24-10-2007, 00:38   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
yes I read it
breaking and entering
n. 1) the criminal act of entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization
Thats B&E Not Trespass.

Trespass is a Civil Matter.
Old 24-10-2007, 02:54   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Now this guy is just stupid

Nottinghams Tallest Tower Crane - 10/08/07 - REPORT - UK Urban Exploration Forums

This is what he says:

Quote:
Problem with sites round here is that they are surrounded by 18' plywood, topped off with razor wire and
CCTV and they usually have at least one guard on site, so not easy to get into. I caught this one early.
Yes you idiot their is good reason for the 18' wall, it is to stop idiots like you from falling off and dying. The stupid thing is the construction company whould have been blamed if he fell off that crane.
Old 24-10-2007, 10:40   #15
Senior Member+

Yes I agree that is dangeress climbing the crains. But UE is not just about that.

My point is this is not a new teen craze how the press describe it, as usuall with the press they jump on a story with no real information. They steal photos without permission and then PAY the Explorers for them once they are found and billed.

I mean have you heard of teens going to China, Chernoybl or Paris to do what they enjoy?

Examples.
Pripyat, Chernobyl, UKRAINE Report 17/12/06 - UK Urban Exploration Forums

Beijing Underground City, China 10/08/07 REPORT - UK Urban Exploration Forums

The Paris Catacombs - Trip Report and History ARCHIVED - UK Urban Exploration Forums

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..