Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2007, 06:12   #1
God Member

US Politics, great bumper sticker

Bumper sticker spotted
on a Silverado pick up
truck on loop 610 in
Houston, Texas, on
November 17, 2007:
I WISH HILLARY HAD MARRIED O.J.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2007, 08:31   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: US Politics, great bumper sticker

love it- so she aint that popular eh?
Old 20-12-2007, 08:47   #3
Resident Waffler

Maybe I should have posted some of the comments my cousin has seen about her and emailed to me.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 08:56   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Maybe I should have posted some of the comments my cousin has seen about her and emailed to me.
maybe you should, love it when celebs are trashed
Old 20-12-2007, 09:09   #5

Think they'd have made a lovely couple
Old 20-12-2007, 10:49   #6
God Member

Haha. I hope she doesn't get in.

Now Ron Paul on the other hand, I hope he becomes president. Talks the most sense i've heard out of an American Politician in a long long time.

Have a look at some of his stuff:
and

He raised $4billion in a day on 5th Nov, then raised $6billion on 16th Nov. Beat all the US records, and better yet they were individuals donating! Not huge billion dollar businesses. Ron Paul doesn't want any money from special interest groups, a great thing you must agree!
Old 20-12-2007, 15:11   #7
God Member

I think that some of you are missing most of the point. "Bumper Sticker", "Siverado", "Texas." Think about it. Politically that means a few goose steps to the right of Ghengis Khan ... not a reliable political comment by any means. May be it is time for a woman President ... maybe a black President. Pity that Con Rice won't run; then America could have both in one.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 20:39   #8
God Member

I know that this is a wander, but I was out today buying my last Christmas gift, and I saw a really neat bumper sticker on a car with Tenessee plates: "I Was Standing on a Corner in Winslow Arizona." Now that I like.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2007, 14:46   #9
Senior Member+

i honestly cant see a republican winnin this one

its a sure fire for barrack and hillary 08

the ultimate tag-team - alot of countries abroad wud love to see the name clinton back in office - he clearly had much more likin abroad than the current regime
Old 21-12-2007, 16:44   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I know that this is a wander, but I was out today buying my last Christmas gift, and I saw a really neat bumper sticker on a car with Tenessee plates: "I Was Standing on a Corner in Winslow Arizona." Now that I like.
The Eagles, Take it Easy....great track!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 17:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think that some of you are missing most of the point. "Bumper Sticker", "Siverado", "Texas." Think about it. Politically that means a few goose steps to the right of Ghengis Khan ... not a reliable political comment by any means. May be it is time for a woman President ... maybe a black President. Pity that Con Rice won't run; then America could have both in one.
Texans have a way of getting straight to the point......and frequently do so with humor. If you believe folks from the Lone Star State are the only ones who feel this way about Her Highness, better think again.

We aren't voting for racial/gender quotas. Americans like to connect with a candidate. The more they see and hear Hillary, the less they like her.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 17:27   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
i honestly cant see a republican winnin this one

its a sure fire for barrack and hillary 08

the ultimate tag-team - alot of countries abroad wud love to see the name clinton back in office - he clearly had much more likin abroad than the current regime
Senator Obama is a gentleman......Sentator Clinton is no lady. I seriously doubt she would choose him as a running mate.....nor he her.

I know how much our former president was lauded overseas......but it never translated here. Remember, in neither of his two runs for the WH, was he able to capture even 50% of the vote. He fell quite short of that on both occasions.

I have learned more than enough about both Clintons over the years, (since their days in Arkansas), to know that neither one should ever be trusted with such power. Let Hillary stay in the Senate as long as those crazy New Yorkers will keep her. She and Bill can just go on making oodles of money and stay out of our hair as much as possible.
Old 23-12-2007, 17:40   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Haha. I hope she doesn't get in.

Now Ron Paul on the other hand, I hope he becomes president. Talks the most sense i've heard out of an American Politician in a long long time.

Have a look at some of his stuff:
and

He raised $4billion in a day on 5th Nov, then raised $6billion on 16th Nov. Beat all the US records, and better yet they were individuals donating! Not huge billion dollar businesses. Ron Paul doesn't want any money from special interest groups, a great thing you must agree!
Congressman Paul, (Texas), ran for president once before - as a Libertarian - and his views remain libertarian, despite the fact that he has been repeatedly elected as a Republican congressman for many years now.

On domestic policy, he's pretty much on the money......but his foreign policy isn't going to cut it.....especially in this day and age. Yes, he's raised lots of money on the internet and his supporters are extremely vocal. However, his poll numbers remain exceedingly weak. Of course, as far as I am concerned, the only polling that really counts is when people actually go to the ballot box and cast their votes. We'll have a much clearer picture in a couple of months as to who the nominees of each party will be.
Old 23-12-2007, 17:55   #14
Senior Member+

it never translated in the us for the clinton regime but u have to remember the republicans are at a low. its almost like when the conservatives were in the 92 election and tony came in with this sweepin victory.

there's too many things counting against the republicans and not much goin for them
Old 23-12-2007, 19:07   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
it never translated in the us for the clinton regime but u have to remember the republicans are at a low. its almost like when the conservatives were in the 92 election and tony came in with this sweepin victory.

there's too many things counting against the republicans and not much goin for them
President Bush's approval ratings, (whilst not robust), are nonetheless double those of our current Democrat congress.

The Republicans, to some, (and especially to those in Medialand), are said to be all at sea.

Having been a student of political goings on for years, I can only tell you that it's never over until the proverbial fat lady has sung her aria.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..