Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2006, 14:23   #1
Always EVIL within us

Angry We All Face Death - But Why Mecca As Well?

When you finally snuff it, pass away or maybe just cease to be alive and your friends and family are ready to bury you under several ft. of soil, do you have any preference as to which way you face?

According to tradition, most graveyards bury the dead facing East - but Nottingham have other ideas for their new 40 acre cemetary

Despite there being a low population of Asians in the area, (less than 5%) it has been decided by Steve Dowling, (Services Director for Environment and Public Protection) after liasing with the cities "Multi-Faith Cemetaries Consultative Committee" that EVERYBODY (No pun intended ) should be buried facing the North-East so that they can look over their shoulder towards Mecca

Amonst those that are shocked or angry at this decision is Raza Ul Haq, Iman at the Madni Masjid Mosque. This confirms to me that it is NOT pressure from Asian people but white pc mad demi-dicatators that are actually opening the divide between White and Asian communities in the name of racial equality

Now personally, I couldn't care which way I will be facing (infact I prefer the cremation thing anyway as its cheaper ) but to be deliberately placed in a position that was decided to appease a minority religion would make me want to come back and haunt Mr. S. Dowling!
Old 24-09-2006, 14:36   #2
Senior Member+

Re: We All Face Death - But Why Mecca As Well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747

Amonst those that are shocked or angry at this decision is Raza Ul Haq, Iman at the Madni Masjid Mosque. This confirms to me that it is NOT pressure from Asian people but white pc mad demi-dicatators that are actually opening the divide between White and Asian communities in the name of racial equality
It would be very interesting to hear the views from other asians about this subject. To my knowledge, most cemetary's these days have a seperate section for the deceased friends & relatives of the asian community.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 14:40   #3
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
To my knowledge, most cemetary's these days have a seperate section for the deceased friends & relatives of the asian community.
That makes perfect sense AccyJay, - especially as it is a NEW cemetary.

Oo-er, are you saying AccyJay that they should bury the friends and relatives of the deceased

Last edited by Busman747; 24-09-2006 at 14:45. Reason: added a bit after re-reading accyjays post
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 14:50   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
I prefer the cremation thing anyway
Maybe cremation should be stopped as it might be adding to the greenhouse effect.
Old 24-09-2006, 15:02   #5
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Maybe cremation should be stopped as it might be adding to the greenhouse effect.
I should think that the vikings would have something to say about that - and they are a minority group
Old 24-09-2006, 15:12   #6
Resident Waffler

Oh NOOO! Don't even joke about cremation being banned. I don't want to go underground. I have a morbid fear of being buried alive if I'm not dead. Anyway what about the people who want open air cremations?

Why should 95% of people who don't want to face NE have to face NE on the off chance that some of the other 5% might object to not facing NE? None of them have complained. This is the sort of PC nonsense which creates racism.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 15:14   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Why should 95% of people who don't want to face NE have to face NE on the off chance that some of the other 5% might object to not facing NE?
How do you know that 95% don't want too?
Old 24-09-2006, 15:15   #8
God Member

Quote:
Fair point but cant see it happening. As more housing is required then what would get priority "20 hectares for a cemetery or 20 hectares for homes? The way this PC business is going the minorities are gonna blow them of as it makes them out as the bad boys when as in the case here its some arrogent jobsworth. As the Christian and Jewish faiths originated in the middle East then laying a Christian or Jew out with a north east orientation shouldnt matter its just some prat thinks justification comes from Mecca being in the east.

Does that also mean that all those bods that worked in the city of London and look upon Wall Street and New York as the source of their religion, capitalism should be laid to rest with a northwest orientation? Where does that leave the rastafarians? Its a pile of crud from a narrow minded piece of job protecting butt cleaning yes man who's religion is that pile of crap called politically correct. Maybe its time for an anti political correctness lobby!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 15:20   #9

Maybe we should all be recycled after death and used for something else because it does seem a hell of a waste of space ie good land lost and potentially damaging our atmosphere through burning. There may come a day when we don’t only have to put our plastics in the blue sack, our papers in the white sacks we’ll also have to put out our dead in a black sack or something and have it collected every other week.
Shane. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 15:26   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Fair point but cant see it happening. As more housing is required then what would get priority "20 hectares for a cemetery or 20 hectares for homes?
Plant is in green belt land, it would help the wild flowers grow better.
Old 24-09-2006, 15:27   #11
Resident Waffler

Quote:
How do you know that 95% don't want too?

Waffle alert!

I don't mean that 95% actively don't want to. I mean that 95% don't actively want to. That being an assumption because there is a 5% muslim population and therefore a 95% non-muslim population to whom it does not matter that they should point NE. Maybe to some of those it even matters that they should point elsewhere other than NE. Has anyone asked them?

It also sounds like it hasn't particularly bothered the muslims up to now either as they haven't complained as we know of. Have they perhaps just accepted being buried in whatever directiom prevailed for the cemetary they were buried in? Or did they have a little NE facing corner of their own?

Old 24-09-2006, 15:27   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I have a morbid fear of being buried alive if I'm not dead.

Done it again haven't you Willow?
The Only way to be buried alive, Is if your not dead!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 15:34   #13
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Fair point but cant see it happening. As more housing is required then what would get priority "20 hectares for a cemetery or 20 hectares for homes?
Maybe we chould start doing like they did in old catacombs where they dig up the oldest bodies and just stack up the bones on shelves?

Quote:
The way this PC business is going the minorities are gonna blow them of as it makes them out as the bad boys when as in the case here its some arrogent jobsworth.
Wouldn't be at all surprised.

Quote:
Maybe its time for an anti political correctness lobby!

Listening to all the people who complain about PC perhaps we should let our voices be heard by our MPs.

Old 24-09-2006, 15:36   #14
Resident Waffler

@ Less

Old 24-09-2006, 17:05   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Oh NOOO! Don't even joke about cremation being banned. I don't want to go underground. I have a morbid fear of being buried alive if I'm not dead. Anyway what about the people who want open air cremations?

Why should 95% of people who don't want to face NE have to face NE on the off chance that some of the other 5% might object to not facing NE? None of them have complained. This is the sort of PC nonsense which creates racism.
Safe bet is to get caught in a fire!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..