Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2009, 23:25   #16
God Member

Re: Well I'm boycotting Asda!

total bullcrap!.. why oh why do people post unfounded lies on here?..maybe there should be a section for "Lies-Total Crap-Alien Invasions"..or a section for people that have lost touch with reality.
does anyone really believe this sort of kak? has it ever happend to you?.. I can tell you that if a cashout bloke\women and manager at any store round here showed that attitude there would be punch ups .. and i reckon everyone else knows that but you believe this rubbish or just go along with it.. come on you ain't that stupid.

Last edited by Mancie; 06-11-2009 at 23:33.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2009, 09:13   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
total bullcrap!.. why oh why do people post unfounded lies on here?..maybe there should be a section for "Lies-Total Crap-Alien Invasions"..or a section for people that have lost touch with reality.
does anyone really believe this sort of kak? has it ever happend to you?.. I can tell you that if a cashout bloke\women and manager at any store round here showed that attitude there would be punch ups .. and i reckon everyone else knows that but you believe this rubbish or just go along with it.. come on you ain't that stupid.
it IS in anything goes Mancie.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:44   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have stopped using Asda because their 'fresh' food isn't.
I paid loads o'money for a free range organic chicken.
It had a 'use by/sell by date' for the same day, which I thought was odd.
It was delivered to me the day before that date.
When unwrapped it stank of putrefaction as in 'sewer smell'
I got a refund but it has put me off Asda forever
Sell by dates on frozen foods are a waste of time (dont know what they do with fresh foods), frozen food is returned to the distributor and repacked/labelled with a new date, Yearsleys distributors in Heywood do this on a regular basis for major supermarkets.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:49   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
If this is aimed at me Mancie, then I take issue with you calling me or a member of my family liars (a family member who was with the lady in question), this debacle was posted on several forums (and not by me), and is in the local (to the asda in question) newspaper, asda would sue if it were not a true account.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:55   #20

Re: Asda Rochdale

They should also give a donation to the Help for Heroes fund. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 15:17   #21
God Member

Re: Well I'm boycotting Asda! *Merged*

the check out girl should be sacked for refusing to do her job and insulting a customer, wasnt it also asda where an asian girl refused to serve a customer because she didnt want to scan the bacon ?

if you dont like the idea that an english person would support english troops in england then sod off elswhere and if you dont like handleing bacon dont get a job that requires you to do so.

many asians work on checkouts and have no problem scanning bacon or serving customers who ever they may be its just a case of some silly cow making a point and hoping the race card will fall in her favour and protect her which it obviously has because it seems she still has a job at asda

also asda is an american company and seen as its their lot that has dragged our troops into iraq and afghanistan they should be more supportive of our troops and tehir families when handling cases like this

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 07-11-2009 at 15:21.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 15:18   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
They should also give a donation to the Help for Heroes fund. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.
out of the asian girls wages preferably

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 07-11-2009, 15:42   #23
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

What a shame I do hope someone somewhere can explain to her and others like her that supporting our troops does not Have to mean supporting either of these conflicts they are involved in.

(Note to self)
I know you mean well Less, but now's a time to duck!
You'll be in someone's sights
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 15:48   #24
God Member

hope somone also explains to her that the work our troops do also helps to cut down the possability of a terrorist group putting a huge bomb somwhere say like asda as an example

Old 07-11-2009, 16:03   #25
God Member

The supervisor was as bad if not worse for backing the till assistant up. Yes everybody is entitled to an opinion but what they did was outrageous!!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 18:46   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
out of the asian girls wages preferably

Hopefully her severance pay
Old 07-11-2009, 19:01   #27

As a muslim and an ex RMP I am saddened by this story, its a job and if they don't like to serve certain customers then they should leave and get another job. This incident should never have happened, especially when our troops are dying over there to protect us from any future terrorist attacks or incidents and I am saddened even further as an RMP was killed a few days ago by the rogue policeman in Afghanistan.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 19:08   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
The supervisor was as bad if not worse for backing the till assistant up. Yes everybody is entitled to an opinion but what they did was outrageous!!!!
The supervisor was backing the checkout operator up in case he was accused of being racist in pulling her aside and re educating her. We cant win at all can we. I have a cousin in serving in the army and if it was me on the recieiving end i would have asked if she supported or was a member of the Taliban or akin orginisation.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 19:17   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
I have a cousin in serving in the army and if it was me on the recieiving end i would have asked if she supported or was a member of the Taliban or akin orginisation.
I agree Spuggie .. I do think that this girl needs further investigation, as her views may have 'background'.

Mind you, think this may already be going on ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 20:31   #30
God Member

Apparently there was a protest outside the store today, seems a lot of people are boycotting Asda because of this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..