Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2009, 01:06   #31
God Member

Re: Well I'm boycotting Asda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
If this is aimed at me Mancie, then I take issue with you calling me or a member of my family liars (a family member who was with the lady in question), this debacle was posted on several forums (and not by me), and is in the local (to the asda in question) newspaper, asda would sue if it were not a true account.
No I would not call you a lair..but I don't believe this happend.. but it's the same old crap on here that is posted for the same old crap..I mean the stuff that gets the expected response of.."what are we coming to" and all that ...does anyone really believe that someone was refused to pay at an ASDA checkout because they had a wristband on?... behave and get real.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2009, 09:11   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
No I would not call you a lair..but I don't believe this happend.. but it's the same old crap on here that is posted for the same old crap..I mean the stuff that gets the expected response of.."what are we coming to" and all that ...does anyone really believe that someone was refused to pay at an ASDA checkout because they had a wristband on?... behave and get real.
There are none so blind as those who don't want to see
Old 08-11-2009, 09:30   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's a filthy reactionary plot devised to divide the proletariat and disrupt their noble struggle to achieve power and it's all been cooked up by the imperialist, running dog, capitalist press, hasn't it, Mancie?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:24   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
It's a filthy reactionary plot devised to divide the proletariat and disrupt their noble struggle to achieve power and it's all been cooked up by the imperialist, running dog, capitalist press, hasn't it, Mancie?
Nowadays all explanations are possibilities - even that one

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 14:45   #35

Re: Well I'm boycotting Asda! *Merged*

I bet its certainly not Asda policy to do this and anyone not following Asda policy will be for the high jump.

Knowing several other Asda employees they are all aghast at this & would tell the operator that allegedly refused what they thought of her (and several of them are also aisans).

Perhaps this operator needs reporting to the police for having terrorist sympathetic views?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:12   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
I bet its certainly not Asda policy to do this and anyone not following Asda policy will be for the high jump.

Knowing several other Asda employees they are all aghast at this & would tell the operator that allegedly refused what they thought of her (and several of them are also aisans).

Perhaps this operator needs reporting to the police for having terrorist sympathetic views?
Quite agree mattylad, but I ask the question why as it not bee reported already
Old 09-11-2009, 20:55   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
No way would this happen in a Walmart/ASDA store in the US , ........any store clerk/shop assistant dumb enough to try this here would soon be educated in what the terms "git a rope" and "lock and load" mean

I cannot see it happening at my Walmart store either,
Granted a lot of the customers are Military Families
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 21:05   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Angel View Post
I cannot see it happening at my Walmart store either,
Granted a lot of the customers are Military Families
miltary or not with it been the usa the silly woman woulda probably got shot from a gun sold in walmarts sports section lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 23:50   #39
God Member

I do remember about 5 years ago posting comments on here about the Accy ASDA; I have not changed my opinion:

YOU CAN STICK ASDA UP YOUR ARSE
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:47   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I do remember about 5 years ago posting comments on here about the Accy ASDA; I have not changed my opinion:

YOU CAN STICK ASDA UP YOUR ARSE
Do I detect a slight hint of dislike in that comment?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:02   #41

Still better than Tesco's
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:44   #42
God Member

I shop at Sainsburys now - more organic foods and free delivery midweek if you spend over £100

Old 10-11-2009, 09:12   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I shop at Sainsburys now - more organic foods and free delivery midweek if you spend over £100
Spend over £100 Margaret
Old 10-11-2009, 09:15   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Spend over £100 Margaret
Every two or sometimes three weeks - my cat has expensive tastes
and I have a big freezer

Old 10-11-2009, 09:19   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Spend over £100 Margaret
That's more than 25 cans a day!!

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..