Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2005, 12:03   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: whats the point

I'd hate to be a teacher these days. When I was at school there was real discipline and no pupil would ever have had the chance to make a teacher cry. I've got enough on my hands with a Sunday school class.

I understand what you mean slinky about the teacher who was most strict being the one you remember for having actually taught you something.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2005, 12:09   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I'd hate to be a teacher these days. When I was at school there was real discipline and no pupil would ever have had the chance to make a teacher cry. I've got enough on my hands with a Sunday school class.

I understand what you mean slinky about the teacher who was most strict being the one you remember for having actually taught you something.
That was my point willow (not the cr'''p about crying)........omg believe me that man's name will haunt me for the rest of my life, but the funny thing is I HAD ALOT OF RESPECT FOR HIM and so did the rest of the school. He used to make you take your coat off ''OUT SIDE HIS CLASSROOM'' stand and wait to be told to ENTER, stand behind your chairs til he said it was ok to sit.......so on and so on. Can't ever remember him having to shout, think he just had that look on his face ''cross me I will kill you'' sort of thing. I mean back in the earlier times what he was doing was the norm for pupils. But in our day it was'nt, but he could still make us do it, I think any other teacher and the pupils would have been saying ''yeah whatever'' but we respected him alot.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 12:12   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke orourke 1988
does anybody ere see the point in doing history and r.e at school its pointless.
at least you dont have evil nuns teaching you like i had at the old mount carmel site
Old 25-02-2005, 12:12   #34
God Member

This is true Slinky and Mrs Jones was another one that just commanded respect. Some teachers have it some don't!
Old 25-02-2005, 12:13   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
at least you dont have evil nuns teaching you like i had at the old mount carmel site
Yeah they still scare the living day lights out of my hubby too!!!! hehehe and not alot of woman can say that except me and the nun's

Miracles do happen!!

Old 25-02-2005, 12:17   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
This is true Slinky and Mrs Jones was another one that just commanded respect. Some teachers have it some don't!
I never really met her tink she left four month after I started!! but I believe so!! about the some have it some don't that is my point and the ones that don't, well its a case of ''keep your head down with the teenagers then''. Because teens are cruel they don't care if a teacher has a nervous break down, they get to go home at 3oclock'' you see my point?

Miracles do happen!!

Old 25-02-2005, 12:26   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Yeah they still scare the living day lights out of my hubby too!!!! hehehe and not alot of woman can say that except me and the nun's
lol didnt even realise he d started carmel when the nuns was still there sure he started in the third year might be wrong though its been a while since school and at least got them nuns to thank my sweetness and innocence lol p.s. you frighten the living daylights out of me as well more than any nun pmsl
Old 25-02-2005, 12:31   #38
God Member

Quote:
p.s. you frighten the living daylights out of me as well more than any nun pmsl
PMSL who little me?? naaaaaaaaaaa. Think they left very soon after he started at carmel, think I can remember him saying ''thank god they left when I started''. Sister margaret mary rings a bell...

Miracles do happen!!

Old 25-02-2005, 12:38   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
If they find your weaknesses they have got you by the short and curles, just how teenagers are I suppose.
It's not just teenagers, either.

Any age child can do it. Once they know what they can get away with, they will push it to the limit, whether they be 5 or 15

Last edited by vorlon24; 25-02-2005 at 12:39.
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 12:40   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
It's not just teenagers, either.

Any age child can do it. Once they know what they can get away with, they will push it to the limit, whether they be 5 or 15
Yep I agree with you there!! maybe I was wrong to say TEENAGERS.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 25-02-2005, 12:41   #41

Quote:
PMSL who little me?? naaaaaaaaaaa. Think they left very soon after he started at carmel, think I can remember him saying ''thank god they left when I started''. Sister margaret mary rings a bell...
pmsl yes little you and as a lot of men would say even though not me of course size isnt everything lol she was the main nun evil cow me and your hubby and a few more sneaked out to the fair during the day when it was on charter st that nun caught us dont know what happened to your hubby but i got sent home with a letter lol he can think himself lucky i had a few years of em one of em was ok though called columbus or summat like it reckon its the lack of sex that makes down right moody lol
Old 25-02-2005, 12:45   #42
God Member

Quote:
pmsl yes little you and as a lot of men would say even though not me of course size isnt everything lol she was the main nun evil cow me and your hubby and a few more sneaked out to the fair during the day when it was on charter st that nun caught us dont know what happened to your hubby but i got sent home with a letter lol he can think himself lucky i had a few years of em one of em was ok though called columbus or summat like it reckon its the lack of sex that makes down right moody lol
LMAO I will wind him up about that when he gets in from work!! don't think he has told me about that one, wonder what happened to him?? bet he just did'nt give his mum the note from school..........little sh'''''t, I am dreading my two boys growing up like him.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 25-02-2005, 12:50   #43

Quote:
LMAO I will wind him up about that when he gets in from work!! don't think he has told me about that one, wonder what happened to him?? bet he just did'nt give his mum the note from school..........little sh'''''t, I am dreading my two boys growing up like him.
lol will try and remember a few more and message you em if you want wind up ammunition lol and it could be worse they could end up like you lol
Old 25-02-2005, 12:53   #44
God Member

Quote:
lol will try and remember a few more and message you em if you want wind up ammunition lol and it could be worse they could end up like you lol
Yeah he will wonder where I got my information from hehehe!!!,,,,,,, cheeky git what you mean they could end up like me I AM HOPING SO!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD SENCE OF HUMOUR, GOOD LOOKING, LONGER LEGS THAN THE FATHER (SHORT ARSE), AND A WAY WITH WRAPPING PEOPLE ROUND THEIR LITTLE FINGER, who could'nt wish for all these qualities in there kids??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 25-02-2005, 12:54   #45
God Member

Quote:
I never really met her tink she left four month after I started!! but I believe so!!
We used to call her iron t*ts god i hope she doesn't read this!!! see she still strikes the fear of god into me!!! Her and Mr. Clayton!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..