Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010, 18:40   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Will Gordon go????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
He's gone round to the palace for a brew and hand his notice in
silly sod, she has crap t-bags.
Old 11-05-2010, 18:42   #77
Beacon of light

I don't think he will be getting T...more like an E.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 18:43   #78
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
silly sod, she has crap t-bags.

Have you been to Tea at buck House Cashy??????
Old 11-05-2010, 18:48   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
think yer both, taggy n wynonie being taken fer a ta ta by the garbage in the media. " Cameron will do virtually owt, fer power" as i said in another thread the other day, seems he is, also said cameron n clegg would jump into bed together, my view aint changed. all i say if this comes to pass- ya reap what ya sow.
Well it seems to appear that in the end that Labour wouldn't bow to Clegg's demands, which has forced the Lib Dems to scurry back to the tory's...........these two clearly will enjoy their 15 mins of fame.....whatever form that takes!

However in taking this stance now, i think Labour, providing they get the right people in place, will reap the rewards in the not too distant future!

I've not believed the crap that's been spouted by the media Cashy, just reading between the lines, i do think Brown would have gone for a deal with Clegg, which would have weakened Labour for the future, in the same way that any Cons/Lib Dem alliance, will ultimately damage both those party's! Its the folk such as Milliband and Co who are the future of the Labour party who have told Brown they want no part of a coalition today, and as such scuppered the deal!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 18:55   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Well it seems to appear that in the end that Labour wouldn't bow to Clegg's demands, which has forced the Lib Dems to scurry back to the tory's...........these two clearly will enjoy their 15 mins of fame.....whatever form that takes!

However in taking this stance now, i think Labour, providing they get the right people in place, will reap the rewards in the not too distant future!

I've not believed the crap that's been spouted by the media Cashy, just reading between the lines, i do think Brown would have gone for a deal with Clegg, which would have weakened Labour for the future, in the same way that any Cons/Lib Dem alliance, will ultimately damage both those party's! Its the folk such as Milliband and Co who are the future of the Labour party who have told Brown they want no part of a coalition today, and as such scuppered the deal!

Best Regards - Taggy
we will have to disagree on that point taggy, fer my money Labour could not go fer a deal wi clegg, figures just didn't add up. labour now imho WILL end up stronger, whilst the torys n lib dems will be greatly weakened, the next 12 months or so will be the proof i think.
Old 11-05-2010, 18:55   #81
Beacon of light

To me, all this wrangling has shown both the Labour party and the Lib Dems to be willing to prostitute their beliefs for the sake of a stake in power.
I believe a Labour/Lib Dem coalition would have cost us....the taxpayer and the electorate dear, because even with this shaky alliance, Labour would still not have had a majority and would have had to call on the support of the Scottish, the Welsh and the Irish MP's....and they were willing to take us for every penny they could.......so much for the United Kingdom.
Old 11-05-2010, 18:59   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
To me, all this wrangling has shown both the Labour party and the Lib Dems to be willing to prostitute their beliefs for the sake of a stake in power.
I believe a Labour/Lib Dem coalition would have cost us....the taxpayer and the electorate dear, because even with this shaky alliance, Labour would still not have had a majority and would have had to call on the support of the Scottish, the Welsh and the Irish MP's.
to me margaret, thats why it was never gonna happen.
Old 11-05-2010, 19:01   #83
Super Moderator

Quote:
think yer both, taggy n wynonie being taken fer a ta ta by the garbage in the media. " Cameron will do virtually owt, fer power" as i said in another thread the other day, seems he is, also said cameron n clegg would jump into bed together, my view aint changed. all i say if this comes to pass- ya reap what ya sow.
Never believe what I read in the paper, mate. That's why I said that "it's just one big Dutch auction, with both major parties desperate to grasp power and trying to outbid each other by offering the Lib/Dems whatever they want." The Cons won the auction which I must admit, I wasn't expecting. And I'll repeat my little warning to the boy David again, "Be careful what you wish for, it might come true."
Old 11-05-2010, 19:12   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
we will have to disagree on that point taggy, fer my money Labour could not go fer a deal wi clegg, figures just didn't add up. labour now imho WILL end up stronger, whilst the torys n lib dems will be greatly weakened, the next 12 months or so will be the proof i think.
I dont actually think we are disagreeing really Cashy....as ive said, i now think that Labour will be in a better position because they havn't compromised. Hopefully a new leadership will form a more potent opposition to fight a weakened Cameron and Clegg at the next election....which aint gonna be too far off!

However my point was that i feel Brown ...going off what he said the other day...would have gone for a deal, however once the other Cabinet members realised that Brown would not be the leader come September, those likely candidates realised they didn't want their future position compromised just for the sake of holding onto some form of Government for a few months more!

Well done to Labour i think......now lets see what fun Pinky and Perky have making decsions!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 11-05-2010, 19:24   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To be honest taggy i think Brown has played a blinder in all this, first the speech that its right the lib dems talk to the torys first, yesterday saying they had asked to speak to labour n would accomodate em, with no real intention of compromising, having played the negotiating game meself fer many years, its how i would have played it, n i'm damn sure these guys are much wiser than me.
Old 11-05-2010, 19:26   #86
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Exactly my point of view, Margaret. There might be a few "purists" in all three parties, but there's very little difference morally in the men at the top.
Old 11-05-2010, 19:39   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Exactly my point of view, Margaret. There might be a few "purists" in all three parties, but there's very little difference morally in the men at the top.
to be honest wyn i think brown was the best of 3 bad uns.
Old 11-05-2010, 19:40   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
To be honest taggy i think Brown has played a blinder in all this, first the speech that its right the lib dems talk to the torys first, yesterday saying they had asked to speak to labour n would accomodate em, with no real intention of compromising, having played the negotiating game meself fer many years, its how i would have played it, n i'm damn sure these guys are much wiser than me.
Ya may well be right Cashy, either way i think in the long run it will leave Labour Stronger and the other two weakened! Let the fun commence!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 11-05-2010, 19:43   #89
Beacon of light

The men at the top have no morals....they can be bought and sold which puts them on a par with used cars...except perhaps not so reliable.
As you can see, I am totally, totally disengaged with the political goings on, but as mad as hell, because they(the politicians) have the future of this country, our children and our grandchildren in their hands and do not recognise how their behaviour has compromised us all...or maybe they do and could't give a flying duck about any of it...as long as they are getting some wonga out of us.
Old 11-05-2010, 19:46   #90
Beacon of light

Cashy if you pulled them all to bits(the three leaders) and tried to make one decent leader...you would fail......the bits that were missing from all of them were cojones.

anyway, what kind of chancellor sells the family silver(our gold reserves) during the good times....and has nothing left in the coffers when the recession hit?
No, Cashy....Gordon Brown was a washout as a chancellor and even worse as a PM.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..