Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2005, 11:23   #16
God Member

Re: Word Thread, Karma - Realisation.

I've only once had Karma taken off me and it wasn't for any of the obvious reasons (art, MPA, arguing with Tealeaf or A-B, etc). I took it really personally, and started asking why nobody loved me in a very pathetic whimper.

I've been given karma and I'm always really appreciative when that happens - but just like those who take it without leaving a name I'd love it if people who gave it left their name too. I like to send a pm of thanks when I get given some and it feels like a loose end if I can't do that.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2005, 11:39   #17
Give, give, give member

The only answer when peeved about karma is to go public and start crying.

It worked for me, Gayle and now Doug
People will do anything to shut your whinging, you end up with more than you lost. Sadly it doesn't seem to work for old Cashy though.

I remember reading Roy saying in another thread, that he enjoys the mischief karma causes and it's here to stay.

Boo hoo.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 11:57   #18
Member.

Just behave...............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 13:13   #19
Resident Waffler

Aaaw someone tried to give me karma but it didn't up my total because they don't have enough posts and I only got a blue blob.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 14:10   #20
Beacon of light

Well Willow......at least you know they tried.....aaaaah
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 15:44   #21
Resident Waffler

It's the thought that counts.

There are times when I want to give karma and can't because it says I've given too much already and I always mean to go back but then I forget.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 17:35   #22
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego
I think if you want to deduct karma you should have to leave your name and a valid reason, not tit for tat.
couldent agree more ....say what you think..
and please have the guts to say who you are and why you are doing it ..
people SHOULD be able to voice an opinion ,it wouldent do for us all to be scared of offending them that dont agree with our point of view .............:engsmil:
Old 13-07-2005, 22:16   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Aaaw someone tried to give me karma but it didn't up my total because they don't have enough posts and I only got a blue blob.
I had something silmilar willow but it was a grey blob!! any ideas??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 22:28   #24
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
I had something silmilar willow but it was a grey blob!! any ideas??
Another member who I don't like and can't mention because i've been warned by the mods gave me a grey spot, I wonder if it's like a pirates black spot (Muppet Treasure Island) ???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2005, 02:37   #25

Talking Re: Word Thread, Karma - Realisation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I received some bad Karma recently and for once it made me think. I was walking round Accrington today enjoying the fantastic weather, the buildings and the sights and sounds of Broadway and the centre. All around me where people of all race’s, cultures and backgrounds, all was well, all was pleasant. After chatting to a nice young lady in one of the shops I ventured back out into the sun and lazily walk over to the library for a spot of research, on the way I past the time by watching carrier bags, crisp packets and pie bags float on the gentle breeze, I glanced up has one Greg’s bag rose into the air and drifted up the frontage of the Market Hall. It was then that I notice the Rose Bay Willow Herb growing wildly out of the cracks and crannies of the roof line, a quick glance down Blackburn Road confirmed the worse, “It was growing like the dreaded Red Weed the likes of which we know from War of the Worlds”. It’s got to be doing long term damage to the stone work I thought to myself.

On wards, after an hour in the library I drove up Willows Lane to have a look at the New Memorial plaque in the Diamond Gardens and the mighty cog. Another let down, again this area could have really been something with a little thought and some local consultation. I stood and watched a young lad picking up rubbish with a long reach, at the same time he was kicking a pop carton around the cog. He was obviously hot and p***ed off and not at all motivated or interested in is work. He had left a cart load of rubbish in the grates that surround the trees. On the way back I drove back up Ormerod Street and down Willows Lane passing yet more bin bags and an assortment of other bags and wrappers floating on the warm flowing breeze.

What the point of this sh*** I hear people say, well I’ll tell you. I posted a word in Word Thread the other day, it was “condemn” this morning someone deducted three Karma points and entered “yes you do.......without cause.....” I was at a loss at what this was supposed to mean, until this afternoon that is. I realised that this person had been upset at some criticism that I had made at some point and had waited patiently until today to make a point. The realisation for me was “yes, I do Condemn” but surly not without cause.

I don’t live in Accrington and I haven’t done for many years. I am very proud of my heritage and my birth place, maybe I see things in a different light, you may have grown use to it, I don’t really know.

What I feel is let down and hurt by what I see, because it is still my town as well as yours. I can’t promise that I won’t keep my mouth shut and not comment on my experiences when visiting, but thank you who ever you are for opening my eyes and making your point. It as been taken in the manner in which I believe you meant, without malice, but in defence of what is also yours……
THIS WAS VERY GOOD .. have some of my karma.. :D
.. apest1 ..
apest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 08:48   #26
Give, give, give member

Boo hoo!

I was deducteted karma yesterday in word thread, not for being saucy as usual but for apparently being to clever.

Whoooooooooooooosh.

The supposed use of the thread to be nasty, was well over my head.

Mind you it was signed, and l was about to claim my innocence in a message with a 'tit for tat' deduction, all of a sudden l decided to use the my claim of innocence as a chance to give the person some karma instead.

In my mumble opinion it's always better to give than receive.

I'll be glad when 'fluffy' day is over next week, and l can go back to feeling myself.

Last edited by garinda; 15-07-2005 at 08:49.
Old 15-07-2005, 08:55   #27
God Member

Garinda, I was just going to give you some karma to cheer you up but I got a message saying that I have to spread it around before giving it to you again. Sorry, but the thought was there.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 09:16   #28
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

I'll be glad when 'fluffy' day is over next week, and l can go back to feeling myself.

Hehehehe..... I hope you don't do that in public Garinda..

I tend to leave my name with my comment when I give karma or take it away. I tend not to deduct karma very often. The only times I've done it in the past has been for blatant nasty name calling. If a post is so bad that it is offensive, I tend to hit the report button when I deduct karma too...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 09:42   #29
Give, give, give member

Hee hee, thanks ladies.

Gayle, you gave me one last week, so do 'spread it around' a bit more!

Lettie, you should be practicing in your new shoes, l don't want to think of you mincing around your Greek island next week. x

In reference to an earlier post l did in this column about going public and starting to cry, this was not at all my intention, l would never be that cheap.

Or would l?

Old 15-07-2005, 10:23   #30
Senior Member+

I have sussed this thread out............"crap, someone has took some of my PRECIOUS karma. I know i will tell people, who will hopefully feel sorry for me and give me LOADS"

We all recieve and get karma taken away... Roy has the system the way it is for good reason's(lots of posts moaning ) And it makes it more intersting trying too work out who snipped ya

STOP wingeing........................
simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..