Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2005, 23:42   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: Wouldn't it be good if........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
or green white red and blue - colours of islam and the uk flag... but wud they b too many?
Hey if South Africa can have a multi coloured flag why not a multi coloured wristband? It could look a but garish but that may not be a bad thing.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2005, 23:43   #32
Member.

Accepted and I'm encouraged by your conviction. I think you have solved this issue and it as come to a conclusion it’s now a matter of getting the Elders and the muslin people to accept this gesture. Is it not?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 23:43   #33
Senior Member+

willow - its just that the original topic to which i was responding to was about muslims against terrorism - and a way of showing their support against terrorism.

in a similar way perhaps non muslims cud wear the same colours to show that they're not anti-islam simply cause of the attacks. that they're not paintin whole religions with the same brush perhaps...
Old 21-07-2005, 23:45   #34
Resident Waffler

This could be the best idea that AccyWeb has come up with - once we decide on the colours and find a producer. Maybe we can start a little ball rolling which could become a big thing.

Old 21-07-2005, 23:45   #35
Senior Member+

doug - the elders would jump on such a thing - its a tragedy that there's not more elders who are in the political/public arena who can make statements such as these...
Old 21-07-2005, 23:47   #36
Senior Member+

willow

i'm kinda ahead of u's there...

i've already emailed one guy who makes them as to costs etc - he'll probably call me tomorrow.

just the colours...
Old 21-07-2005, 23:49   #37
Resident Waffler

Are we talking wristbands or ribbons or both? I'd be happy to wear one.

Old 21-07-2005, 23:50   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
willow - its just that the original topic to which i was responding to was about muslims against terrorism - and a way of showing their support against terrorism.

in a similar way perhaps non muslims cud wear the same colours to show that they're not anti-islam simply cause of the attacks. that they're not paintin whole religions with the same brush perhaps...
Very good idea mate.

It's about unity, in the face of extremism, regardless of religion.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 23:52   #39
Resident Waffler

Quote:
its a tragedy that there's not more elders who are in the political/public arena who can make statements such as these...

Maybe it's up to lots of us the "little people" to set this ball rolling. Then it will reach the public arena and perhaps then more people will have chance to comment in a positive way.

I do wish I could give some more karma in this thread but I've been too generous and it won't let me.

Old 21-07-2005, 23:52   #40
Senior Member+

i was talkin of ribbons - but i guess the kids wud still wear the bands...

i just feel bands are OTT now. that side of things is too saturated with various bands etc...

plus with the ribbons they're wearin them on the chest etc where they can b seen.
Old 21-07-2005, 23:56   #41
Member.

I like the idea of ribbons. Perhaps the Green and White so that both cultures come together as a community and demonstrate religious and cultural harmony. You could have small lapel Ribbons for formal dress and wrist Ribbons for day to day use. I would wear them. Silk Ribbon would be ideal would it not? Would these not be readily available at the Sari shop on Blackburn road so that you could do a mock up?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-07-2005, 23:56   #42
Resident Waffler

Good point about ribbons too is that adults are more likely to wear them and be noticed.

I know what you mean about the wristbands being done to death but young kids are more likely to wear them than a ribbon so perhaps we could think of both. I had the address of a company that did wristband but I don't know if I've still got it. Shouldn't be hard to find one though.

Old 21-07-2005, 23:57   #43
Senior Member+

and why stop at ribbons and wristbands?

car stickers... t-shirts etc
Old 21-07-2005, 23:59   #44
Member.

One step at at time Mani. But this is good and productive.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 22-07-2005, 00:00   #45
Senior Member+

doug - yeah i know the shop u mean very very well *L*

i'll try to work some out - thing is with the two colours getting the ribbon custom made wud seem to be better than to have time stitchin... but all will b searched in good time.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..