Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2010, 14:07   #31

Re: Yorkshire Ripper - The Sequel.

A man charged with the murders of three Bradford women has referred to himself as the "crossbow cannibal" in court.

Stephen Griffiths, 40, is accused of murdering prostitutes Suzanne Blamires, Shelley Armitage, and Susan Rushworth.

BBC

Looks like he's going to run the "Voices in the head" defence
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2010, 14:40   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
A man charged with the murders of three Bradford women has referred to himself as the "crossbow cannibal" in court.

Stephen Griffiths, 40, is accused of murdering prostitutes Suzanne Blamires, Shelley Armitage, and Susan Rushworth.

BBC

Looks like he's going to run the "Voices in the head" defence
Wasn't me Alud it was the voices I tell you, the Voices Bollards
Old 28-05-2010, 18:44   #33
God Member

Voices in the head? Thats what Sutcliffe said...and he first heard those voices when he was working as a gravedigger in the Bradford/Shipley cemetery, back in the mid '70s. That cemetery lies almost adjacent to the River Aire, slightly upriver from where the body parts where found.

Spooky, innit!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 18:49   #34
God Member

that bloke just wanted to be 'famous' he was studying psychology and was 'into' infamous murderers......who else gives themselves a name like that, me thinks he'd read too many books
Old 28-05-2010, 23:41   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Prostitution has been here since time began, it can never be eradicated thats simple fact, instead of the pathetic measures announced today, why don't they Legalise it? take the girls off the streets n would also bring much needed taxes into the coffers. thats my 2 pennorth, it would be much safer for the poor creatures that work it surely?
Old 28-05-2010, 23:59   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Prostitution has been here since time began, it can never be eradicated thats simple fact, instead of the pathetic measures announced today, why don't they Legalise it? take the girls off the streets n would also bring much needed taxes into the coffers. thats my 2 pennorth, it would be much safer for the poor creatures that work it surely?
I've yet to hear a solid argument as to why it shoud'nt be legalised and regulated properly! It would surely help control a certain ammount of drug use/abbuse, amongst young women mainly, as you say its always gonna be there, and if controlled properly, really doesn't do much harm i wouldn't say!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 00:03   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I've yet to hear a solid argument as to why it shoud'nt be legalised and regulated properly! It would surely help control a certain ammount of drug use/abbuse, amongst young women mainly, as you say its always gonna be there, and if controlled properly, really doesn't do much harm i wouldn't say!

Best Regards - Taggy
Thats another simple fact Taggy, theres certainly more harm done now wi it on the streets.
Old 29-05-2010, 00:41   #38
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Voices in the head?
Such a serious crime as this & if he can convince a 'medical' expert he's telling the truth, he'll be locked away in comfort.

I don't think using a similar excuse for doing 40 in a 30 limit would be allowed would it?

Two different extremes but both crimes.

We put mad dogs down, it's time we did it again with this type of 'mad', (he's not mad he's conniving) humans, we are worse than animals.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 00:47   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post

Best Regards - Taggy
So where you suggest they put the brothels ? , I'm sure you wouldn't be keen on having one next door , especially if you have children or Grandkids come over to visit , I'm sure you wouldn't mind all the visiting by "strangers" not to mention additional parking problems .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 01:04   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

I even saw a recent documentary about the thriving street prostitution industry in the Islamic state of Iran. I do think more comprehensive legislation would afford the sex workers more safety.
In the days of the Shah most of the towns in the south of the country had a public brothel (think in Farsi they are called a Bosco), usually about 5 miles outside of town , a large walled compound consisting of a number of houses, entrance to the compound was through a narrow door where you were patted down for weapons/contrabend by an armed guard. Was taken to the one outside Ahwaz which catered to the oil field workers who arrived either by the bus load or 20/30 guys in the skip of a dump truck by a co-worker for a cultural visit. ......nasty place
Old 29-05-2010, 01:11   #41
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
In the days of the Shah most of the towns in the south of the country had a public brothel (think in Farsi they are called a Bosco), usually about 5 miles outside of town , a large walled compound consisting of a number of houses, entrance to the compound was through a narrow door where you were patted down for weapons/contrabend by an armed guard. Was taken to the one outside Ahwaz which catered to the oil field workers who arrived either by the bus load or 20/30 guys in the skip of a dump truck by a co-worker for a cultural visit. ......nasty place
Do you think you could draw me a map, or will your footprints still be leading the way?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 01:16   #42
God Member

Interesting to note that Christianity is alone in condeming prostitution on moral grounds , Islam allows temporay marriages which is often used a way around any social stigma associated with prostitution
TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Temporary Marriage (Prostitution)

Old 29-05-2010, 01:18   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Do you think you could draw me a map, or will your footprints still be leading the way?
Sorry , don't leave footprints and don't cast a shadow
Old 29-05-2010, 07:07   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
The programme I saw featured prostitutes working the streets. Some took their children with them in the cars, for 'protection', in the hope they wouldn't be attacked. All the women featured were heroin addicts.

It was all filmed secretly....of course.

It's on YouTube, I've just noticed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 07:22   #45

In some cases the addiction comes first, in others drugs are used by the particularly nasty characters who force these women into the work - the bruises don't tend to attract "punters" but compliance is forced through addiction instead...a thoroughly nasty trade that needs sorting.
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..