Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2010, 09:42   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Yorkshire Ripper - The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
that bloke just wanted to be 'famous' he was studying psychology and was 'into' infamous murderers......who else gives themselves a name like that, me thinks he'd read too many books
Maybe if he knew is punishment would have been at the end of a rope, he wold probably have thought twice about it, people like this are usually cowards and dread the idea of pain being inflicted on them.
Old 29-05-2010, 09:52   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
So where you suggest they put the brothels ? , I'm sure you wouldn't be keen on having one next door , especially if you have children or Grandkids come over to visit , I'm sure you wouldn't mind all the visiting by "strangers" not to mention additional parking problems .
You could use that argument to stop any business setting up in a residential area!...Who said it had to be in a residential area anyway, either way, fully legalised and run properly and professionally is going to be much preferable to how it is now, which is controlled and abused by Pimps and drug addicts and dealers!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 10:11   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
So where you suggest they put the brothels ? , I'm sure you wouldn't be keen on having one next door , especially if you have children or Grandkids come over to visit , I'm sure you wouldn't mind all the visiting by "strangers" not to mention additional parking problems .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
You could use that argument to stop any business setting up in a residential area!...Who said it had to be in a residential area anyway, either way, fully legalised and run properly and professionally is going to be much preferable to how it is now, which is controlled and abused by Pimps and drug addicts and dealers!

Best Regards - Taggy
ok the fact that now business is done in many instances outside residential property is better steely? as taggy says why does it have to be in residential areas? in fact i'm sure ya such places in certain parts of the U.S.A.? "Ranches" i think???
Old 29-05-2010, 15:40   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post

Best Regards - Taggy

I agree.

Personally I'd rather live next door to a well run, and legalised brothel, than live in a street that is plagued by kerb crawlers, harrassing people's wives, daughters, and grandaughters. As many of the areas that are red light districts now, are in ordinary residential streets, peopled by ordinary people. Certainly those neighbourhoods wouldn't be littered with as many needles, and condoms, if girls were off the streets.

I came across this the other day, when researching crime figures against prostitutes.

But last week Clare Finch, 49,, was cleared by a jury at Luton crown court of running a brothel – a decision described by some sections of the media as throwing Britain's "antiquated" prostitution laws into confusion. Finch admitted offering topless massages with "happy endings" from her bungalow in the quiet Bedfordshire village of Chalton. Up to four women worked from her home offering a range of massage and sexual services. There was no trafficking, coercion, drugs or under-age girls involved, and no public nuisance caused. Indeed, two of Finch's neighbours - one a woman of 85 - gave evidence on her behalf.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...le-brothel-law

So perhaps Steeljack underestimates what people think, when it comes to what goes on next door. As long as there's a 'happy ending'.

Last edited by garinda; 29-05-2010 at 15:43.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 15:48   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i dont understand were hes coming from? like i said before they have these "Ranches" in the good ole USA. so whats the differance?
Old 29-05-2010, 15:53   #51
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i dont understand were hes coming from? like i said before they have these "Ranches" in the good ole USA. so whats the differance?
He's been living in Dollywood for too long, and has seen The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas too many times.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..