Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 17:21   #16
God Member

Re: August Bank Holiday Sunday Session

Tickets £12.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could have a pleasant day out for that
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2004, 17:24   #17
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I think these going to be a session of our own on this very day, is there not? Should Mr Roy not be charging for this type of advertising? It would pay the bar bill for the next accyweb meeting and have some left over for a good donation for a local charity.
A nice thought Doug, but have you ever seen an Accy web bar bill? Not to mention the curry place bill afterwards, the local charities wouldn't stand a chance. I am not yet an old fogey and have been in more than my share of clubs. I have never heard of any of these DJ's. That's not saying that it wouldn't be a good event, it's just not my cup of tea.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 17:28   #18
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Tickets £12.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could have a pleasant day out for that
Im sure you could. I totally understand you will never support an event such as country club and will never understand what where all about. To someone like you its a rip off rave with music going bump bomp bump. I have tried to inform you what we are about but i really cant understand your hostility. I do totally respect your opinions, but do you actually belive everyone else has the same narrow minded views as yourself?

Why cant you say ''sorry not my thing, im sure the people who do go will love it - nice to see something exciting going on for once though"
Country Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 17:36   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Club
"The new inns is well within Hyndburn

Make your mind up...your advert abouve says it's halfway between Preston & Blackburn....are we taking about the New Inns over the hill from Rishton. If we are, then I was barred from there in 1975, so I could'nt come anyway, even if it was a decent event, rather than rubbish.

There will be 'turntabalists' not DJ's there on the day. Along with other 'live' music involving congos, bongos, trumpets, tronbones, boubles bass, guitars, pianos to name but a few....."

What the hell is a "Turmtabalist"? A fancy name for a drug dealer? A Afgan Lesbian Hindu Carpenter? pray tell...this could be interesting..

Wait a few secs and ill reply to your earlier post.
Tell us more about these "Turntabalists"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 17:37   #20
God Member

Theres a thin line between advertsising and informing.. its hard to do one without the other..

OK this is an advert but its also informative..

I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves. This isn't the usual accyweb welcome to someone making there first post even if it is an advert.. Try saying hello and welcome before kicking the guy in the teeth eh ?
Old 09-08-2004, 17:39   #21
Junior Member+

In response to recent comments;

The New Inns is at least two miles from the nearest built up area. The farmhouse in the immediate vicinity have kindly given their support to the event.

If I recall correctly there are still a large number of isolated residences in this area.....this racket will kick off at 3pm and will be heard for a long way round, non-stop until 2am. I hope your fuses blow & your generator fails.

There are a couple of farmhouses within a mile or so.
The outdoor music does start at 3pm - including accoustic sets - The outdoor entertainment closes just after sundown. The music that continues after that is contained within the building and conforms to all relevent environmental health issues.

Country Club is not held in a muddy farmers field. It is held inside the New Inns (Shepherds Rest) complex. There is a terrace outside which will be used during the day, for people to soak up some rays and relax to ambient sounds. At night the two indoor rooms will be totally transformed with amazing decorations to create the perfect bank holiday backdrop!

Yeah....pools of vomit, & piles of illegal substances...a perfect backdrop
Never never happened at any of our events. Firstly we dont attract that type of clientel, secondly we use professional security to ensure the safety of all people on site.

You described Country Club as like ‘listenening to garbage’ fair enough, you are entitled to your views, but I’d like you to be a little bit more specific, if possible, as to which music you are referring to? There will be over 30 of Lancashire’s most successful and well respected musicians performing on the day playing a very wide range of music ranging from, Latino Jazz, Soul, Funk, Rhythm & Blues, Hip Hop, Disco and Funky House so garbage is not the word I would choose to describe them.

It's the word I use to describe it & I'm right
Horses for courses - take of your blinkers one day maybe?

If you have any more questions, just ask and I’ll be happy to answer.

I hope you've got a proper license mate...even if you have, I hope the cops raid and shut you down (While also cracking a few heads at the same time)

T

A 'proper license' was granted months ago and we have an excellent relationship with the 'cops' who also gave us the green light.
Old 09-08-2004, 17:44   #22
God Member

I can see your angle, Kipax.....you want to wrangle your way into being the official photographer for the night...clear up £5 for every piccy you take from every drugged-up punter.

As regards saying "Hello and Welcome"...how the hell am I supposed to do that to an advert? I'm sure the chap/chapess behind it is a nice person, but that does'nt stop them from spouting rubbish.
Old 09-08-2004, 17:56   #23
Junior Member+

"The new inns is well within Hyndburn

Make your mind up...your advert abouve says it's halfway between Preston & Blackburn....are we taking about the New Inns over the hill from Rishton. If we are, then I was barred from there in 1975, so I could'nt come anyway, even if it was a decent event, rather than rubbish.

So sorry, that press release was taken from a national campaign > we organise coaches from across the region to come to Country Club Events. - i forgot to make it more local. "Halfway between Rishton & York" is that better? You were barred in 1975 > i do hope its still in place!

There will be 'turntabalists' not DJ's there on the day. Along with other 'live' music involving congos, bongos, trumpets, tronbones, boubles bass, guitars, pianos to name but a few....."

What the hell is a "Turmtabalist"? A fancy name for a drug dealer? A Afgan Lesbian Hindu Carpenter? pray tell...this could be interesting..

Main Entry: turntablist
Pronunciation: 't@rn teI ,blIst
Function: noun
Definition: a performing artist who uses phonograph turntables to manipulate sound and c
reate music; a practitioner of turntablism
Source (dictionary.com)

Im not going to start bashing out their CV's because none of it will ping in your brain. Read the Accrington Observer this Friday.

Last edited by Country Club; 09-08-2004 at 17:59.
Old 09-08-2004, 18:08   #24
God Member

Quote:
"So sorry, that press release was taken from a national campaign > we organise coaches from across the region to come to Country Club Events. - i forgot to make it more local. "Halfway between Rishton & York" is that better? You were barred in 1975 > i do hope its still in place!

I make halfway between Rishton & York to lie somewhere the otherside of Skipton...good..keep it there

Main Entry: turntablist
Pronunciation: 't@rn teI ,blIst
Function: noun
Definition: a performing artist who uses phonograph turntables to manipulate sound and c
reate music; a practitioner of turntablism
Source (dictionary.com)

This is the funniest nonsense I've seen on here in weeks....you can't be serious?

Im not going to start bashing out their CV's because none of it will ping in your brain. Read the Accrington Observer this Friday.
Oh Dear. Must I?
Old 09-08-2004, 18:19   #25
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
A nice thought Doug, but have you ever seen an Accy web bar bill? Not to mention the curry place bill afterwards, the local charities wouldn't stand a chance. I am not yet an old fogey and have been in more than my share of clubs. I have never heard of any of these DJ's. That's not saying that it wouldn't be a good event, it's just not my cup of tea.
Me neither lettie. Are you possibly suggesting that some of us may be Old Fogies.........prey. I still own you a pint. I'll make the next do a little cheaper. lol

Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 18:30   #26
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Oh Dear. Must I?
Ok try the Lancashire Evening Telegraph on Friday. A few profiles will be going in that. You might be even be able to win yourself a pair of tickets.

If anyone wants to hear the 'turntabalists' in action tune into Rock 97.4 FM at the weekend were you can hear three of the Country Club DJ's broadcasting their own shows. You might even see Adele Roberts on TV this week if you watch Big Brother's Little Brother.

Im off to Toast in Lancaster now. Goodnight All!

Last edited by Country Club; 09-08-2004 at 18:31.
Old 09-08-2004, 18:35   #27
Member.

Quote:
Ok try the Lancashire Evening Telegraph on Friday. A few profiles will be going in that. You might be even be able to win yourself a pair of tickets.

If anyone wants to hear the 'turntabalists' in action tune into Rock 97.4 FM at the weekend were you can hear three of the Country Club DJ's broadcasting their own shows. You might even see Adele Roberts on TV this week if you watch Big Brother's Little Brother.

Im off to Toast in Lancaster now. Goodnight All!
For give me Dan, Why would anyone want to see Adela Roberts on TV or in anything else other than the distance..............
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:17   #28

For once I am in agreement with Kipax! Why all the hostility - if you dont fancy this kind of thing then just dont go instead of parading all this cliched "thats not music, no melody, cant whistle it" claptrap!

I've never gone on about the importance of live music on these forums - however I do believe that, but that is no reason why there isn't a place for people playing records - especially when town centre places dont play this kind of music. As for DJ's/turntablists, being an instrumentalist/musician of degree standard I can assure you that what these guys (and gals) do with records is an art. I have tried myself and it is far from easy and takes as much dedication and practise as any other musical discipline. You are obviously out of touch Tealeaf as you are unaware of how these things work ie. how turntables fit in with live bands etc.

Anyway, I cant be arsed getting into another music debate here - I just cant believe all the cantankerous hostility here.

Dan mate - you are wasting your time argueing with Tealeaf, God alone knows why I bother - I must enjoy it!
Old 10-08-2004, 12:03   #29
Resting in Peace

Kipax
It might have been nice if Country Club had posted a hello in the introduction section first before posting the Add
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:07   #30
God Member

It might have been your right... but two wrongs dont make a right in my book... we should welcome everyone to accyweb... not just the people who use the welcome section first. Even not welcoming him would have been better than attacking him.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..