Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Accyweb Awards 2005 - THE CEREMONY (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/accyweb-awards-2005-the-ceremony-16424.html)

Gayle 25-09-2005 19:29

Accyweb Awards 2005 - THE CEREMONY

The ceremony is about to begin – this is how it will work –

Between 8.30pm – 9.00pm we have the red carpet section, as you log on to the thread for the first time please describe (or even better if you’ve got a picture) what you’re wearing – Garinda is on hand to point out everyone’s fashion faux pas.

At 9.00pm the ceremony will start, I’ll be the hostess but there will be a number of guest presenters and surprise artistes performing. Awards will be announced and very soon afterwards your Avatar will change to a winners cup and you’ll be 50 ackers richer (don’t worry your regular Avatar will return by tomorrow morning).

If you are a winner you'll be expected to make an acceptance speech. So will we have a blubbing Gwyneth, a drunken Crowe or the entire cast of a thread appearing on stage to collect an award or will we have the obligatory unnecessary political speech?

We want to capture all the excitement of a real ceremony, we want speeches from the winners, smiles through gritted teeth for the losers and plenty of backstage gossip.

So, get your speeches ready it’s about to begin.

Cue: lights
Cue: title music
ACTION
Voice over – Laaadieees and Gennnntlemeeeen, welcome to the first Annual Accyweb Awards Ceremony live from your homes. Before we start the ceremony let’s see who’s arriving on the red carpet,

First to arrive is our hostess for the awards Gayle who is wearing her first outfit of the evening, a chocolate brown empire line dress with long, silk, chocolate brown gloves, designed by Valentino, with shoes by Manolo Blahnik. In her hair is a simple brown feather making an ensemble which is Pride and Prejudice mixed with Cadbury’s Dairy Milk.

It’s over to you Garinda……..

garinda 25-09-2005 19:32

Re: Accyweb Awards - THE CEREMONY

Gayle the choccie was a fun touch, but it's melting under the lights.

A quick trip to the powder room would be wise. It looks like the bird has holiday tummy.:(

Roy 25-09-2005 19:37

Everyone looks to the back of the room.....

In staggers Roy, just arrived into the country not 30 minutes ago and looking rather good in his cool Bermuda Shorts and string vest(M+S of course). Is that an award already in his hand? Is this a fix? Oh no - it's just a fancy bottle of vodka, and its half empty, who knows what could happen tonight.......

Gayle 25-09-2005 19:38

Garinda, have you seen Romps - she's currently heading towards the red carpet in a Vivien Westwood. She's on the other thread at the moment.

Tinkerbelle 25-09-2005 19:40

Can't you tell what I am?

:D I'm an umpa lumpa ....... thanks for text message notifying me tonight had been changed to a fancy dress occasion at the last minute slinky :)

It's not fancy dress is it? :mad: SLINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romps 25-09-2005 19:42

omg found you sorry!

Romps 25-09-2005 19:43

http://www.viviennewestwood.co.uk/up...py9_size_0.jpg

I decided on a Vivien Westwood darling

garinda 25-09-2005 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Can't you tell what I am?

:D I'm an umpa lumpa ....... thanks for text message notifying me tonight had been changed to a fancy dress occasion at the last minute slinky :)

It's not fancy dress is it? :mad: SLINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you are wearing it so well. You are the new Bjork, I think I mean Bjork.;)

Less 25-09-2005 19:44

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry I'm late but I just didn't have anything to wear!

garinda 25-09-2005 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy
Everyone looks to the back of the room.....

In staggers Roy, just arrived into the country not 30 minutes ago and looking rather good in his cool Bermuda Shorts and string vest(M+S of course). Is that an award already in his hand? Is this a fix? Oh no - it's just a fancy bottle of vodka, and its half empty, who knows what could happen tonight.......

You wear it so well darling, I wouldn't dream of critisising you! In case I was chastised, and I have to leave the red carpet in a huff.:(

Margaret Pilkington 25-09-2005 19:47

I have already described my outfit in another thread.....but here goes again.
I am wearing a Tina Varigos two peice in bitter chocolate watermarked silk, the out fit has a shawl collar which is lightly sprinkled with bugle beads to catch the light..... the skirt is slightly fitted, long and is split to the knee. I am wearing pale coffee coloured satin evening gloves and dangly jet earrings.....my shoes are pale coffee and encrusted with beads.

garinda 25-09-2005 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less
Sorry I'm late but I just didn't have anything to wear!

SpeechLESS, obviously the buns of steel classes have paid off since we last saw your butt in the gallery!!!

Gayle 25-09-2005 19:48

I'm sure we both look good enough to eat Margaret.

Roy 25-09-2005 19:49

/roy whispering quietly to less...

when does the food fight start?

Margaret Pilkington 25-09-2005 19:50

Yes Gayle Dahling.....you look devine....!