Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   The state of this forum (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/the-state-of-this-forum-31453.html)

piltymon 17-06-2007 20:10

Re: The state of this forum

I have nothing more to add to this thread.

entwisi 17-06-2007 20:11

Should I be saying How do Tadah and Flashy cause thats what it feels like.......................

:D

Royboy39 17-06-2007 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by piltymon (Post 436232)

In all honesty who is going to be sorry about that?

The Green Lantern 17-06-2007 20:16

We are all taking the bait and biting....

buttonsmum 17-06-2007 20:23

Is it just me or is this thread beginning to sound like the school playground at breaktime :D

WillowTheWhisp 17-06-2007 20:27

Two members of the forum asked two serious sensible questions of the person who was selling the laptop but instead of a serious and sensible reply all they received was a sarcastic response from the seller. When this was subsequently commented on the seller then assumed the role of victim.

Why do some new members set out to annoy those who have been here for years?

More than one person wondered if the sale was in fact purely a wind up simply posted to create a bit of aggro and then sit back and watch it all happen. I agree Ian it did sound a bit like something we've seen previously didn't it?

glasgow guy 17-06-2007 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 436234)
Should I be saying How do Tadah and Flashy cause thats what it feels like.......................

thats what I was thinking too...:rolleyes:

accymel 17-06-2007 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by piltymon (Post 436224)
That's the best line you've come up with in any of your posts that I've seen. How does one enter your quiz?

:D well one cant help perfectionism:D

As for quiz ermm i think you are far too right to play it would disappoint you:D

West Ender 17-06-2007 21:01

I came across this site a year or so back. I've been an exile from the Accrington area for longer than many members have been alive but I started posting and I found it great. The majority of people who post here are good humoured, intelligent and witty. The odd ones who aren't are not worth the bother of an argument.

Eric 17-06-2007 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by piltymon (Post 436133)
Why is it that every thread in this forum seems to turn into a slanging match between the posters? People just seem to want to bleat and whine at each other and look better than the other posters. Nobody is putting forward actual facts in an informative way. Nobody is suggesting legitimate solutions to the topics. Can somebody please tell me why that is?

Probably because there are no such things as "facts", and if there are any solutions to anything they are probably illigitimate.

WillowTheWhisp 17-06-2007 21:28

Discussions don't necessarily have to have solutions. Most of the threads are discussions and chats about subjects which interest the members. 99% of the members can have those discussions and even disagree on topics without really falling out with each other. Sometimes we agree on one subject and then disagree with the same person on another subject.

Then every so often someone comes along, gets on their high horse and before you know it the words mountain and molehill come to mind.
:rolleyes:

treacletart 17-06-2007 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 436342)
Discussions don't necessarily have to have solutions. Most of the threads are discussions and chats about subjects which interest the members. 99% of the members can have those discussions and even disagree on topics without really falling out with each other. Sometimes we agree on one subject and then disagree with the same person on another subject.

Then every so often someone comes along, gets on their high horse and before you know it the words mountain and molehill come to mind. :rolleyes:

you sure do get around woman go get a brew and give it a rest :D

piltymon 17-06-2007 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 436334)
Probably because there are no such things as "facts", and if there are any solutions to anything they are probably illigitimate.

What the H... are you talking about?

piltymon 17-06-2007 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 436257)
:D well one cant help perfectionism:D

As for quiz ermm i think you are far too right to play it would disappoint you:D

More like you're scared of the competition.

WillowTheWhisp 17-06-2007 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by piltymon (Post 436232)

Quote:

Originally Posted by piltymon (Post 436379)
More like you're scared of the competition.

Why don't you join it and show us how clever you are?

CLICK HERE