Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   aleks avatar..(swastika) (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/aleks-avatar-swastika-34422.html)

BLACKBURN RAVER 28-10-2007 22:53

aleks avatar..(swastika)

personally i find that extremely offensive, surely the mods must make him remove it...

have some respect ffs...:mad::mad:....

BLACKBURN RAVER 28-10-2007 23:01

Re: aleks avatar

and yes ive read in your post about what it supposed to mean but at this time of year especially surely a bit of decorum wouldnt go amiss..:confused:

emamum 28-10-2007 23:40

i have to say that i agree with you, it is offensive and before anyone says about freedom of speech and all that (whatever applies to pictures) that is only applicable as long as it doesnt case offense.

Madhatter 29-10-2007 01:03

I find that offensive. I know what it means to you, but to others that fought for this country it's offensive. Please show them some respect and remove it.

WillowTheWhisp 29-10-2007 05:37

I'm sitting on the fence with this one. After all, many of us were quick to object when it was Muslims complaining about western cartoons. Freedom of speech - should that also cover freedom of symbology?

Perhaps the non-Nazi version of the emblem would have been a better choice though.

entwisi 29-10-2007 07:05

Mmmmm, a swastika wasn't originally used by the Nazis, they 'took' it over and its symbolism has now been linked with them rather than its original meaning. I do find it strange that he chose so close to remembrance day to change to it and particularly as the post he used to introduce it was Mein Kampf.

he (tadah/aleks/whoever) and his croony have always tried to be controversial by saying things and postings that are timed/aimed to wind people up. there is always an option to getting the mods to ban them and that is to do it yourself by adding them to your ignore list. You won't see any of their threads (unless someone quotes them) and Accyweb can oncve again be a place of peace and contentment.

katex 29-10-2007 10:49

Was it on here or in the paper I had read, whereby the press had photo'd a new naval building from the air in America .. it was designed in the shape of a swastika.!

alan7554 29-10-2007 10:54

if you turn it round then it is associated with the buddist religion as a sign for good luck and good fortune

Ianto.W. 29-10-2007 12:33

Why not put the Star Of David on, I would if I could find one,truly the symbol of the Holocast. Having said that I think everyone has the right to choose their own subjects 'within the site rules' Alex choice is his decision.

Doug 29-10-2007 13:24

It’s simply a matter of context, if it’s use in related to belief, culture or ones religion then who are any of us to complain.

If however it’s use is to spark debate, insult the intelligence of the readership or to cause offence to those who have served in our armed force or to poke fun at the terrible and tragic events of the holocaust the it should be removed.

Incidentally, I have a large barrel and some liquid roofing tar if any body wants to pay the sibling little ***** a visit on Wednesday night.

blazey 29-10-2007 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianto.W. (Post 486051)
Why not put the Star Of David on, I would if I could find one,truly the symbol of the Holocast. Having said that I think everyone has the right to choose their own subjects 'within the site rules' Alex choice is his decision.

Would the star of david not neglect the fact that many other people died other than the jewish people during the holocaust? What about the homosexuals, the disabled, the gypsies and so on? The swastika at least has a more clear representation of what you are focusing on, and aslong as you make it clear what your message is meant to be, then its the most fitting in some ways. There isn't really a symbol that can symbolise everyone that died in the holocaust I dont think, so its not quite as black and white as using, for example, a poppy for those who died in the war.

Neil 29-10-2007 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 486005)
he (tadah/aleks/whoever)

What, are you saying he is more than one person? I thought that was against the rules. You must be mistaken :rolleyes::D

Less 29-10-2007 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianto.W. (Post 486051)

Will this do?

http://cemeteries.files.wordpress.co...r_of_david.jpg

I haven't a religious bone in my body, but I do understand how insulting to deliberately stirring things up can be insulting to folk. :(

Quote:

Doug=It’s simply a matter of context, if it’s use in related to belief, culture or ones religion then who are any of us to complain.

If however it’s use is to spark debate, insult the intelligence of the readership or to cause offence to those who have served in our armed force or to poke fun at the terrible and tragic events of the holocaust the it should be removed.

Incidentally, I have a large barrel and some liquid roofing tar if any body wants to pay the sibling little bastard a visit on Wednesday night.
I don't think he/she/it wanted to start debate as much as cause bother, he/she/it deliberately chose that avatar and their original topic to stir things.

The best we can do from now on is ignore the taunting attitude of someone so insensitive.

Or,
I do have some feather pillows that can be torn apart to go with the tar to drive them out of town, religion and race cause enough problems without a fool trying to stir it!

:mad:

Less 29-10-2007 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 486063)
Would the star of david not neglect the fact that many other people died other than the jewish people during the holocaust? What about the homosexuals, the disabled, the gypsies and so on? The swastika at least has a more clear representation of what you are focusing on, and aslong as you make it clear what your message is meant to be, then its the most fitting in some ways. There isn't really a symbol that can symbolise everyone that died in the holocaust I dont think, so its not quite as black and white as using, for example, a poppy for those who died in the war.

What a load of Carp, as usual you prove you have no sensitivity, just a sub-normal attitude to life as it should be lived!
:rolleyes:

Ianto.W. 29-10-2007 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 486063)

Now you are an expert on the second world war, crawl out of the cradle before passing throw away comments on subjects you obviously know nothing about.