Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2007, 22:53   #1
Senior Member+

aleks avatar..(swastika)

personally i find that extremely offensive, surely the mods must make him remove it...

have some respect ffs.......

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2007, 23:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: aleks avatar

and yes ive read in your post about what it supposed to mean but at this time of year especially surely a bit of decorum wouldnt go amiss..

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 23:40   #3
Senior Member+

i have to say that i agree with you, it is offensive and before anyone says about freedom of speech and all that (whatever applies to pictures) that is only applicable as long as it doesnt case offense.

Last edited by emamum; 28-10-2007 at 23:42.
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 01:03   #4
God Member

I find that offensive. I know what it means to you, but to others that fought for this country it's offensive. Please show them some respect and remove it.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 05:37   #5
Resident Waffler

I'm sitting on the fence with this one. After all, many of us were quick to object when it was Muslims complaining about western cartoons. Freedom of speech - should that also cover freedom of symbology?

Perhaps the non-Nazi version of the emblem would have been a better choice though.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 07:05   #6
God Member

Mmmmm, a swastika wasn't originally used by the Nazis, they 'took' it over and its symbolism has now been linked with them rather than its original meaning. I do find it strange that he chose so close to remembrance day to change to it and particularly as the post he used to introduce it was Mein Kampf.

he (tadah/aleks/whoever) and his croony have always tried to be controversial by saying things and postings that are timed/aimed to wind people up. there is always an option to getting the mods to ban them and that is to do it yourself by adding them to your ignore list. You won't see any of their threads (unless someone quotes them) and Accyweb can oncve again be a place of peace and contentment.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 10:49   #7
Resting in Peace

Was it on here or in the paper I had read, whereby the press had photo'd a new naval building from the air in America .. it was designed in the shape of a swastika.!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 10:54   #8
I am Banned

if you turn it round then it is associated with the buddist religion as a sign for good luck and good fortune
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 12:33   #9
Resting in peace

Why not put the Star Of David on, I would if I could find one,truly the symbol of the Holocast. Having said that I think everyone has the right to choose their own subjects 'within the site rules' Alex choice is his decision.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 13:24   #10
Member.

It’s simply a matter of context, if it’s use in related to belief, culture or ones religion then who are any of us to complain.

If however it’s use is to spark debate, insult the intelligence of the readership or to cause offence to those who have served in our armed force or to poke fun at the terrible and tragic events of the holocaust the it should be removed.

Incidentally, I have a large barrel and some liquid roofing tar if any body wants to pay the sibling little ***** a visit on Wednesday night.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Len; 29-10-2007 at 17:35. Reason: Inappropriate language removed
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 13:53   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Why not put the Star Of David on, I would if I could find one,truly the symbol of the Holocast. Having said that I think everyone has the right to choose their own subjects 'within the site rules' Alex choice is his decision.
Would the star of david not neglect the fact that many other people died other than the jewish people during the holocaust? What about the homosexuals, the disabled, the gypsies and so on? The swastika at least has a more clear representation of what you are focusing on, and aslong as you make it clear what your message is meant to be, then its the most fitting in some ways. There isn't really a symbol that can symbolise everyone that died in the holocaust I dont think, so its not quite as black and white as using, for example, a poppy for those who died in the war.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 13:57   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
he (tadah/aleks/whoever)
What, are you saying he is more than one person? I thought that was against the rules. You must be mistaken
Old 29-10-2007, 14:04   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Will this do?

I haven't a religious bone in my body, but I do understand how insulting to deliberately stirring things up can be insulting to folk.

Quote:
Doug=It’s simply a matter of context, if it’s use in related to belief, culture or ones religion then who are any of us to complain.

If however it’s use is to spark debate, insult the intelligence of the readership or to cause offence to those who have served in our armed force or to poke fun at the terrible and tragic events of the holocaust the it should be removed.

Incidentally, I have a large barrel and some liquid roofing tar if any body wants to pay the sibling little bastard a visit on Wednesday night.
I don't think he/she/it wanted to start debate as much as cause bother, he/she/it deliberately chose that avatar and their original topic to stir things.

The best we can do from now on is ignore the taunting attitude of someone so insensitive.

Or,
I do have some feather pillows that can be torn apart to go with the tar to drive them out of town, religion and race cause enough problems without a fool trying to stir it!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 14:10   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Would the star of david not neglect the fact that many other people died other than the jewish people during the holocaust? What about the homosexuals, the disabled, the gypsies and so on? The swastika at least has a more clear representation of what you are focusing on, and aslong as you make it clear what your message is meant to be, then its the most fitting in some ways. There isn't really a symbol that can symbolise everyone that died in the holocaust I dont think, so its not quite as black and white as using, for example, a poppy for those who died in the war.
What a load of Carp, as usual you prove you have no sensitivity, just a sub-normal attitude to life as it should be lived!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 14:13   #15
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Now you are an expert on the second world war, crawl out of the cradle before passing throw away comments on subjects you obviously know nothing about.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..