Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2007, 14:22   #16

Re: aleks avatar

Thanks for the support from those who actually plugged thier brain in before commenting. First of all Doug wind your neck in and stop acting the big man. Secondly the avator change is in no way timed to coincide with anything to do with the forth coming anniservary. Thirdly the symbold i have used is not a nazi swastika the one where most of you would think of is this one

Before moaning about something like this why not just send a PM first to get my side of things? Or dont i dont really care that much but if a picture of a symbol which YOU see as a nazi symbol offends you then thats your problem not mine.
Old 29-10-2007, 14:23   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The usual thing to do on this forum is to report a post that is offensive. Have those who find it offensive reported it yet? If so what was the response of the mods?

Quote:
Rule 10: Please think when you post. Make sure what you write would be acceptable to forum members as a whole, and is not offensive. Reported posts will be deleted.
I suspect it should say "may be deleted". It would be fun though if every reported post was automatically deleted
Old 29-10-2007, 14:26   #18

Bloody hell someone with sense!
Old 29-10-2007, 14:27   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Bloody hell someone with sense!
Shhh people might be reading, I have a reputation to uphold you know
Old 29-10-2007, 14:44   #20
Resting in peace

Quote:
, Less, I do have some feather pillows that can be torn apart to go with the tar to drive them out of town, religion and race cause enough problems without a fool trying to stir it!
Thank's Less I have transferred the flag to my pictures, and will use it in future, I am half Jewish as my mum was a Jew but left the faith to marry my Dad, but if Alexs wiishes to use the Swastika it's up to him in my opinion.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 14:48   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Now you are an expert on the second world war, crawl out of the cradle before passing throw away comments on subjects you obviously know nothing about.
I'm only saying that the star of david doesnt necessarily symbolise the other people who died in the holocaust. I could use a rainbow sign but it wouldnt necessarily show rememberance to any homosexuals who died in the holocaust, because it doesnt have any link with that period of time, just as the star of david doesnt exactly show any direct symbolism to the holocaust or the memory of those who died because of it either.

I think you misread my post or u just want to find an excuse to start another argument.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 14:58   #22

Quote:
Thank's Less I have transferred the flag to my pictures, and will use it in future, I am half Jewish as my mum was a Jew but left the faith to marry my Dad, but if Alexs wiishes to use the Swastika it's up to him in my opinion.
My god two people with sense. Anymore for anymore?
Old 29-10-2007, 15:04   #23
Resting in peace

Quote:
, blazey,I think you misread my post or u just want to find an excuse to start another argument.
I do not seek arguments with anyone,just social intercourse with sensible people. You young lady I consider 'no contest' as we say in accy you know nowt youv'e been nowhere and keep this attitude up you'll be going NOWHERE.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 15:16   #24
God Member

Quote:
I do not seek arguments with anyone,just social intercourse with sensible people. You young lady I consider 'no contest' as we say in accy you know nowt youv'e been nowhere and keep this attitude up you'll be going NOWHERE.
As long as I dont get to your ripe age and still be posting on accy web, I will be thankful to God for letting me keep that dignity.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 15:42   #25
Resident Waffler

It isn't the Nazi swastika though and it's 60 years since WWII so I think it's about time the original symbol came back into its own. The Nazis hijacked it and changed it round. Alek's avatar is the original way round, the non-Nazi version. They also used other symbolism like the lighning shaped Ss but that font is still a valid font in its own right and has been used by others since.

I actually agree with what Blazey said about the Star of David. It does symbolise Judaism it's true, but doesn't actually symbolise the holocaust quite apart from it having nothing to do with all the other non-Jews who suffered the same fate.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 15:52   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
It isn't the Nazi swastika though and it's 60 years since WWII so I think it's about time the original symbol came back into its own. The Nazis hijacked it and changed it round. Alek's avatar is the original way round, the non-Nazi version. They also used other symbolism like the lighning shaped Ss but that font is still a valid font in its own right and has been used by others since.

I actually agree with what Blazey said about the Star of David. It does symbolise Judaism it's true, but doesn't actually symbolise the holocaust quite apart from it having nothing to do with all the other non-Jews who suffered the same fate.

if he was using it for true religious reasons like it was originally intended then no-one would be offended but i seriously doubt that the upstart is neither a hindu nor budhist thus meaning that he is using it (as people have commented) to get a reaction, yes ?

well he has, how would his grandfather or great grandfather who more than likely fought in the war feel ??

if it were not for people like my grandfather and others,that lil piece of excrement would prob not be walking on this earth, he should show some respect for those that fought for theirs and his life...

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 15:59   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
if he was using it for true religious reasons like it was originally intended then no-one would be offended but i seriously doubt that the upstart is neither a hindu nor budhist thus meaning that he is using it (as people have commented) to get a reaction, yes ?

well he has, how would his grandfather or great grandfather who more than likely fought in the war feel ??

if it were not for people like my grandfather and others,that lil piece of excrement would prob not be walking on this earth, he should show some respect for those that fought for theirs and his life...
Well said & exactly the point

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 17:02   #28
God Member

To be frank, its freedom of speech, I don't find it particularly offensive and still wouldn't if it was the right way round to be a Nazi symbol.

On the other hand, reading this thread, aleks comes over as someone who is trying to wind people up and cause controversy.

And why are people bashing the older generations? I'd be quite contempt with browsing Accringtonweb in my older years if its still around. In fact I'm quite impressed that a lot of people have adopted to new technology.
Old 29-10-2007, 17:06   #29
God Member

Hey Cyfr he ain't that old
Old 29-10-2007, 17:22   #30
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
I'd be quite contempt with browsing Accringtonweb in my older years

Do you mean contemptuous, competent or content? You can't be contempt.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..