Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   what annoys you? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/what-annoys-you-35564.html)

derekgas 01-01-2008 12:58

Re: what annoys you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 510898)
I get annoyed when people tell me I don't look too well, when I am actually feeling on top of the world .. spend half my time then looking in the mirror to see what they are on about. Eventually, convince myself that I am not very well, and feel as bad as what they say I look .... :D

Kate, you look wonderful today, I think!!:D:D:D

katex 01-01-2008 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 510902)
Kate, you look wonderful today, I think!!:D:D:D

Ah .. thanks for the thought ... tee hee .. going to be contrary now (well, I am a woman) and say, I look terrible .. haven't been in shower yet !! No make up and hair all over the place.

You men can't win can you ? :D:rolleyes:

derekgas 01-01-2008 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 510906)
Ah .. thanks for the thought ... tee hee .. going to be contrary now (well, I am a woman) and say, I look terrible .. haven't been in shower yet !! No make up and hair all over the place.

You men can't win can you ? :D:rolleyes:

You're so right, we can't even win when we keep our mouth shut, because then we should have said something, or noticed something..fickle, fickle, fickle!!

derekgas 01-01-2008 17:31

Back to the thread, cantankerous old farts that are too stubborn to realise when they are wrong, even when everybody else disagrees with them! They annoy me.

panther 01-01-2008 17:35

emmm....what else annoys me?........people who take you for granted, people who dont want to know unless they have a 'problem', or people who only want to know when there is summat in it for them!!

emamum 01-01-2008 18:47

people that jump to conclusions

panther 01-01-2008 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 511198)
people that jump to conclusions

emmmm i wonder who that can be:rolleyes::dummy2:

panther 01-01-2008 18:53

heres a clue......:s_fire::sleep8:..............:D:rofl38:

garinda 01-01-2008 18:57

People who phone you by mistake, and then don't believe that you're not really Auntie Dorothy or whoever, and when you eventually make them realise that this is your number, and not her's, and that they've made a mistake, they put the phone down without saying sorry for bothering you.:mad:

cashman 01-01-2008 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 511220)
People who phone you by mistake, and then don't believe that you're not really Auntie Dorothy or whoever, and when you eventually make them realise that this is your number, and not her's, and that they've made a mistake, they put the phone down without saying sorry for bothering you.:mad:

thought it was Auntie Dorothy Honest.:D

emamum 01-01-2008 19:00

lol, and then they ring again!!!

Tombraider 01-01-2008 19:01

People who cant be bothered to keep in touch but moan that you havnt kept in touch with them.

panther 01-01-2008 19:01

of topic......garinda you are on 99 rep power, does it go any higher than that!!..?

emamum 01-01-2008 19:02

shall we all give him karma 2 see :)

panther 01-01-2008 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombraider (Post 511226)
People who cant be bothered to keep in touch but moan that you havnt kept in touch with them.

spot on there!!;)

garinda 01-01-2008 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 511227)
of topic......garinda you are on 99 rep power, does it go any higher than that!!..?

Don't know. Aleks just posted he was going to give me some, but hasn't yet.

I think the first person on here ever to get to 100, starts off a big Accy Web fireworks display...then vanishes forever.:D

derekgas 01-01-2008 19:05

Taxi drivers who pip thier horn at 11.30pm because they are too lazy to knock on the door!

flashy 01-01-2008 19:06

Gary i gave you some yesterday and put that i wanted you to get to 100 ;)

garinda 01-01-2008 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 511236)
Gary i gave you some yesterday and put that i wanted you to get to 100 ;)

Lol, you did. Just seen it. Thank you.:p

panther 01-01-2008 19:07

100....there ya go garinda;)

garinda 01-01-2008 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 511239)
100....there ya go garinda;)

Thanks Panther.:p

The fireworks are shooting out of my pc. The screen had gone golden, and a little box has just informed me that my work here on Accy Web is now done, and that I'll be permanently barred in five minutes.:D

Good byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:eek:

Tombraider 01-01-2008 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 511230)
spot on there!!;)

their loss aint it :D

lancsdave 01-01-2008 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 511246)
Thanks Panther.:p

The fireworks are shooting out of my pc. The screen had gone golden, and a little box has just informed me that my work here on Accy Web is now done, and that I'll be permanently barred in five minutes.:D

Good byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:eek:

Drama queen :D

MargaretR 01-01-2008 19:11

worthy of a telegram from that person whose name I prefer to forget :D

panther 01-01-2008 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombraider (Post 511248)
their loss aint it :D

depends who it is:rolleyes:

emamum 01-01-2008 19:14

one was from me,i just forgot to sign it! lol

panther 04-01-2008 18:33

emmm what else annoys me?....thats it ..two faced people:rolleyes:

Mr Aleks 04-01-2008 19:12

People who ring up and say yeah i want to buy the Wii off you and ask where you are then dont show up!

cashman 04-01-2008 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleks (Post 512519)
People who ring up and say yeah i want to buy the Wii off you and ask where you are then dont show up!

put their number on here.:dflam::D

Mr Aleks 04-01-2008 19:31

private number or id be all over them like a rash

Neil 04-01-2008 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleks (Post 512531)
private number or id be all over them like a rash

Next time tell them you won't arrange a meet unless they ring you with there number showing.

Speedy 05-01-2008 00:02

People who ring on withheld numbers annoy the hell out of me. And people who leave voicemail asking you to call them but dont leave a number. And that strange woman who keeps leaving me voicemail calling me mrs kendint or something and telling me i have an appointment to see dr whatshisface at such a time (i have rung you 6 times and told you you have the wrong number so stop bloody ringing me).

keetah992000 05-01-2008 00:08

Companies that, usually, only working people use that you can only ring mon-fri between 9-5 and you can never get through around midday
(eg: a certain bank say if you need to resolve issues then please feel free to call customer relations- but guess what time they open lol !)
if we work full time mon-fri when are we supposed to ring them ?
having to root around for 20p to use a public toilets when you have two girls bursting for a wee and you feel like your bladder is going to explode.
smelly buses
smelly taxis
smelly people (do you see the theme?)
i also hate it when something is on offer in ASDA because they dont have it in stock until the offer is finished
thats it for now :D

Speedy 05-01-2008 00:13

You just reminded me of another of mine. The jobcentre being open 9-5, what if your in a 9-5 job and want a new job, your stuck in the job you dislike because they dont open at decent times. Saying that the Jobcentre in general annoy me, the way they treat everyone on benefits the same way, despite the fact that some of us actually want to work just cant find any work. Oh god i hate the Jobcentre with a passion.

jackyalex 05-01-2008 00:15

having no childminder to pick up my kids from school, getting bills on and after xmas that demand payment now

Bonnyboy 05-01-2008 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 512727)
People who ring on withheld numbers annoy the hell out of me. And people who leave voicemail asking you to call them but dont leave a number. And that strange woman who keeps leaving me voicemail calling me mrs kendint or something and telling me i have an appointment to see dr whatshisface at such a time (i have rung you 6 times and told you you have the wrong number so stop bloody ringing me).

Just tell her you will be there at the appionted time but that yer boils have got bigger lol...I take orders for Loyds Chemist every day ( number must be similar ) I also advise on various ailments :D for my free leaflet please ring me on 087033564890...2210612 have yer credit card at hand :)

jackyalex 05-01-2008 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 512734)
You just reminded me of another of mine. The jobcentre being open 9-5, what if your in a 9-5 job and want a new job, your stuck in the job you dislike because they dont open at decent times. Saying that the Jobcentre in general annoy me, the way they treat everyone on benefits the same way, despite the fact that some of us actually want to work just cant find any work. Oh god i hate the Jobcentre with a passion.

that goes the same with the dentist,doctors,barbers,hospital appointments, if you work then your pretty much without these, but thats life

Speedy 05-01-2008 00:20

Lmao. The chemist must hate you, plus all the people who get there to find out there order isnt ready. We get quite a lot of phonecalls asking for a taxi?!? I wouldnt mind if i had a car as i could probably make a few quid.

Dawn-of-the-Shed 05-01-2008 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 512740)
Lmao. The chemist must hate you, plus all the people who get there to find out there order isnt ready. We get quite a lot of phonecalls asking for a taxi?!? I wouldnt mind if i had a car as i could probably make a few quid.

That reminds me of when I was younger and we used to have a number similar to a restaraunt in Blackburn ... after a year or so of people ringing to reserve tables my Dad actaully started ''booking'' people in for meals .....always wondered what happened when they'd turned up :D

keetah992000 05-01-2008 00:39

oh yeah
after a long day at work on thursday i got a phone call asking for either me or my partner
i confirmed i was who i am (if that makes sense) and was greeted with silence and that prompted me to ask what the call was regarding
i was absoolutely infuriated ( and i nearly did pop) when the caller replied - " i am afraid that i cant discuss that with you" can you believe it ? i turned the air blue and ended the call! then proceeded to walk round the house in victor meldrew stylee saying - i cant believe it ...well i just couldnt - how ridiculous. anyone else had calls like this? - sounded kosha

jackyalex 05-01-2008 00:41

people phoning you in the middle of the night drunk claiming to be your mum, then getting the operator to ask you to accept a reverse charge for my so called mum because they have used all their money up calling me,(must have needed a lift home)

Dawn-of-the-Shed 05-01-2008 01:50

Carrying on with the phone call thing......and Flashy's been here a couple of times when this has happened.....Someone who takes their child to a nursery in Blackburn has given my phone number as 'Mum and Dad's' number and I often get phone calls to come and pick my 'son' up from nursery ...... my youngest is 10yrs old a bit too old for nursery.....told them plenty of times that they've got the wrong number can they plz get it sorted!....strange thing is though their last name sounds the same as mine :rolleyes:

panther 06-01-2008 18:56

people who come to you for help.....but when you need it, they turn there back on ya........bloody baskets!!!

pipinfort 06-01-2008 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyalex (Post 512736)
getting bills on and after xmas that demand payment now

That always happens........grrrrr:mad:

flashy 06-01-2008 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn-of-the-Shed (Post 512765)
Carrying on with the phone call thing......and Flashy's been here a couple of times when this has happened.....Someone who takes their child to a nursery in Blackburn has given my phone number as 'Mum and Dad's' number and I often get phone calls to come and pick my 'son' up from nursery ...... my youngest is 10yrs old a bit too old for nursery.....told them plenty of times that they've got the wrong number can they plz get it sorted!....strange thing is though their last name sounds the same as mine :rolleyes:

pmsfl, yes i remember :D

flashy 06-01-2008 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 513495)
people who come to you for help.....but when you need it, they turn there back on ya........bloody baskets!!!

have to totally agree with you on that one panther, it happens to me a hell of a lot

fc:stanley 06-01-2008 20:16

People who slag off johnny coleman! Hes done wonders at accrington stanley!

Johnny Colemans Read And White Army!!

AccyMad 06-01-2008 21:10

Folk who think Coley is the only one who can take us any further (put hard hat on & wait for the flak) :)

panther 18-01-2008 12:50

1 Attachment(s)
Cling Film!!!!!......can never find the bloody end of it, and when i do, it keeps bloody ripping!!!!!, then sticks to youAttachment 10651

Bonnyboy 18-01-2008 13:29

People that dangle the front wheels of a pram over the edge of the pavement whilst waiting to cross a road :(

mrskitty 18-01-2008 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 518750)
People that dangle the front wheels of a pram over the edge of the pavement whilst waiting to cross a road :(

I agree....also people who dont lift the front wheels getting onto the pavement-the poor kids in the pram must get bumped about so much:(

flashy 18-01-2008 13:57

Dyson vacuum cleaners (GRRRRR)

cashman 18-01-2008 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 518773)
Dyson vacuum cleaners (GRRRRR)

know were ya coming from-expensive crap lol, we borrowed one (new) a few years ago, n then bought summat else.:D

MargaretR 18-01-2008 21:32

Noisy TV studio audiences who scream with laughter at things that aren't at all funny

Bonnyboy 18-01-2008 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 519012)
Noisy TV studio audiences who scream with laughter at things that aren't at all funny

Irritatin' to say the least

blazey 19-01-2008 15:08

How you can never get your hair the same way the stylist did once you've washed it yourself.

Cars going through red traffic lights.

Expensive text books.

Post office queues.

MargaretR 19-01-2008 15:40

Flatpack furniture :eek:-

What a wearisome afternoon.
Ordered a breakfast set with 2 chairs
Got 2 high breakfast chairs and a low bistro table.
I didn't notice until I had assembled them (solid graft!)and I tried to put the chairs under the table.

I have already discussed with and emailed photos to the supplier, now waiting for customer services dept on Monday to a arrange replacement table.

I have also photographed some slight damage to this (table), so with any luck they might not want it back (fingers crossed)
So I am hoping to have got a set +extra table - and I got the set half price in a sale anyway.

Barrel of s**t and roses comes to mind :D

firth_dawn 19-01-2008 18:45

iresponsable dog owners who dont pick their dogs mess up and we end up trodding in it. :(

panther 19-01-2008 18:58

being woken up in the morning!

katex 19-01-2008 19:14

When I am in conversation with someone telling them, what I think is an interesting tale, they are looking around all the time. Seems to happen quite often .. gawd ..must be boring :(

derekgas 19-01-2008 19:17

The majority of people in my line of work who don't do the job properly, and pull the wool over the eyes of the public, then emigrate with the proceeds. (3 since november).

Bonnyboy 19-01-2008 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 519355)
When I am in conversation with someone telling them, what I think is an interesting tale, they are looking around all the time. Seems to happen quite often .. gawd ..must be boring :(

............ :sleep8:

katex 19-01-2008 19:41

Well p**s off then ya' cheeky git.. :p

Sure the barmaid with the big boobs is far more interesting .. :)

Bonnyboy 19-01-2008 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 519368)
Well p**s off then ya' cheeky git.. :p

Sure the barmaid with the big boobs is far more interesting .. :)

:D Was just kiddin';) Aint no barmaid 'ere wi big boobs:confused: would perk up me night no end if there was :):p

SPUGGIE J 19-01-2008 20:52

1 A bad pint

2 Cheeky kids

3 High paid non jobs.

4 Places that cant cook a nice steak the way I like it

5 The blummin refinery and its "candles" up my way

Apart from that nowt else of importance.

mrskitty 20-01-2008 10:24

Council tax...........
actually bills in general.

Neil 20-01-2008 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskitty (Post 519462)
Council tax.......

Why is that then?

mrskitty 20-01-2008 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 519532)
Why is that then?

Because i never remember to pay it on bl**dy time :rolleyes::o

panther 20-01-2008 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 519532)
Why is that then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskitty (Post 519534)
Because i never remember to pay it on bl**dy time :rolleyes::o

I would have said, because they do bloody nowt and its better off in my pocket;)

mrskitty 20-01-2008 20:38

Thats the answer he was looking for panther, so he could argue about what they do actually do....

blazey 21-01-2008 00:23

Doesn't council tax pay for things like litter bins, bin men, maintainance of paths outside your home, general things like that?

flashy 21-01-2008 00:40

what annoys me? hmmm people that are two faced

Yolanda25 21-01-2008 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 519791)
what annoys me? hmmm people that are two faced

MMM i wonder who you talking abouthttp://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...cons/icon5.gif:confused:

Yolanda25 21-01-2008 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 519787)
Doesn't council tax pay for things like litter bins, bin men, maintainance of paths outside your home, general things like that?

yes it does blazey but when u get to pay your own you will see why people complain so much

panther 21-01-2008 16:52

waiting in all day for bloody repair men or waiting for a parcel, and they dont bloody turn up!! GRRRR

Yolanda25 22-01-2008 16:18

thats happened to me once, was waiting for ntl to come and repair my computer, had to book a day off work, after waiting all day they never turned up so i rang ntl who told me that they will come next day, i claimed to ntl the money i lost for not going to work and they credited it in my account ,

Neil 22-01-2008 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yolanda25 (Post 520357)
thats happened to me once, was waiting for ntl to come and repair my computer, had to book a day off work, after waiting all day they never turned up so i rang ntl who told me that they will come next day, i claimed to ntl the money i lost for not going to work and they credited it in my account ,

I might do that, i like the idea of free broadband, tv and phone for a year :D

derekgas 22-01-2008 19:19

Having my van written off 4 days before it was being part exed!

cashman 22-01-2008 19:45

bleating Bees..:D

burt 22-01-2008 19:56

people who park in front of our drive and on the pavement do they not realise there are pipes under the flags. :tongueout and people who think they can jump the bus queue when you have been stood there for ages.....

derekgas 22-01-2008 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 520432)
bleating Bees..:D

Sorry mate, but I feel I have a divine right to bleat this week! :rolleyes:

Bonnyboy 22-01-2008 19:59

The gobby asian bloke who works in the Halifax in Accy...he gets right on my ****

firth_dawn 22-01-2008 20:01

hubby snoring in my ear during the night. :(

cashman 22-01-2008 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 520449)
Sorry mate, but I feel I have a divine right to bleat this week! :rolleyes:

you have, its the Bees i'm on about.;)

panther 23-01-2008 09:24

plugs that are too big so ya cant plug em into adapters in the bloody wall!!

jackyalex 23-01-2008 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by firth_dawn (Post 520451)
hubby snoring in my ear during the night. :(

roll him on his side or give him your cold feet

panther 23-01-2008 17:47

....or better still, hold his nose:D

flashy 23-01-2008 17:48

or even better still....slap him :D

MargaretR 23-01-2008 18:15

Or better still -----move him into the spare room

blazey 23-01-2008 20:17

People who follow you around threads trying to get a reaction.

Margaret Pilkington 23-01-2008 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 520990)
Or better still -----move him into the spare room

Better than that...move him into the next town!

I don't know why I am saying this because I snore too....the difference being I don't whinge about his snoring(well apart from this once!)

shillelagh 27-01-2008 00:57

Car Alarms going off in the middle of the night

Ok theres one going off now on the pubs car park. Someone has had too much to drink with their indian and thats the 2nd time its gone off...

slinky 27-01-2008 00:58

Jen's dodgy threads of dodgy news of the day!!

shillelagh 27-01-2008 00:59

You are enjoying the bread one arent you? Blame the bbc website by the way can you imagine if i went on some of them loony websites like Ananova - News - Quirkies

slinky 27-01-2008 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 522516)
You are enjoying the bread one arent you?

That is the only one out of the 2000,000,000 you have posted :D

cashman 27-01-2008 01:01

women who leave there fags in taxis.:D

slinky 27-01-2008 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 522519)
women who leave there fags in taxis.:D

LMAO!!! you're sooo naughty :D

shillelagh 27-01-2008 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 522518)
That is the only one out of the 2000,000,000 you have posted :D

Im not rindy!!!! I've not posted that much :D

slinky 27-01-2008 01:07

people who PM me loads of newsarticle.com :):)

shillelagh 27-01-2008 01:09

I'll copy and paste the whole article next time then :D