Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   The answer to mans biggest puzzle (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/the-answer-to-mans-biggest-puzzle-59385.html)

jaysay 30-09-2011 10:34

Re: The answer to mans biggest puzzle

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 936864)
The one who failed will find consolation in thinking that.

Ya so you keep telling us Margaret;):rolleyes::D

shillelagh 01-10-2011 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 936863)
There's two side to every failure;)

thats why fellas have a left side and a right side ........:tongueout:tongueout:tongueout

Margaret Pilkington 01-10-2011 17:01

five words every boy should learn....'yes love, you are right'....it would save them so much pain in later life.

DaveinGermany 01-10-2011 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 936791)
The answer to mans biggest puzzle.
Understanding women.

I Didn't know we had a Mythology section on Accy Web ! :D

Retlaw 01-10-2011 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 936815)
there is ..... you just say yes sweetheart/darling/dear to everything she says and do everything she says ...... its that simple :tongueout:tongueout:tongueout

Thats a daft solution, do everything she says, women are never of the same mind two days together, & why should men have to obey women anyway.
If things had been left up to women, we would still be living in caves & hunting for food with stone axes.

Tell us one thing that a woman has invented that got us out of the dark ages, and you needn't mention the name Curie, she invented nothing, she was just her husbands lab assistant, that name was used as a sop to the womens movement.
Retlaw.

Margaret Pilkington 01-10-2011 19:19

No retlaw, not a daft solution....a diplomatic solution is what it is.......My other half tells me(in an argument) I am always right(in a scathing sort of way) but that is only because I usually am(and most times I can prove it with evidence)....and when I'm not right, I hold my hand up and say......but in truth....and the great scheme of things...does it really matter who is right as long as you can rub together in a partnership with a modicum of agreement.

Margaret Pilkington 01-10-2011 19:21

As to the last bit of the question........Most men who invented things or discovered things had the support of a woman, whether that be their wife, their mother or their mistress......and without that support and encouragement who knows where they would have got to?

MargaretR 01-10-2011 19:48

....and every one of them had a mother in order to be.

Retlaw 01-10-2011 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 937251)
As to the last bit of the question........Most men who invented things or discovered things had the support of a woman, whether that be their wife, their mother or their mistress......and without that support and encouragement who knows where they would have got to?

Men disappeared into their dens inventing things to get away from women, as for mothers support I remember my mother constantly saying don't do this or don't do that, my daughters the same with the grandson, and like me he takes no notice, and does it any way.
Women are genetically imprinted to nag, men are genetically imprinted to ignore them, and get on with things.
Now be a good girl, go and watch telly, invented by John Logie Baird, whilst escaping from nagging women, where would you be with out him.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Retlaw.

Margaret Pilkington 01-10-2011 20:24

Retlaw, just because you were treated like that by your mother doesn't mean that every mother does the same thing....and don't you think you are being a bit stereotypical about women and nagging?
I do not need a man to justify my existence......as to where would I be without him.......I would say I would be right where I am now...doing nicely thankyou very much.
Now if you were to ask where he would be without me.......I would have to say 'in Dickies Meadow'.......I could elaborate, but I won't.

shillelagh 02-10-2011 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 937272)
as for mothers support I remember my mother constantly saying don't do this or don't do that, Retlaw.

you must have been a naughty boy then retlaw ...... :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D

jaysay 02-10-2011 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 937262)
....and every one of them had a mother in order to be.

And a father

jaysay 02-10-2011 11:34

What women don't realise is there are only two rules in life, rule 1 the man is ALWAYS RIGHT, Rule 2 if the man is ever proved to be wrong, rule 1 applies;)

Margaret Pilkington 02-10-2011 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 937369)
And a father

Yes, at present, but maybe one day soon...in the not too distant future, even that will no longer be required. I'm sure that I read something about scientists(probably male scientists) having found a way to generate these little swimmers without the need for a male.

Won't that be nice for ladies who want babies without having a man around as well ?

Margaret Pilkington 02-10-2011 11:39

Personally, I don't get the male female rivalry thing........God made women to complement men(if you believe the creationist theory).
They have different roles, they work alongside one another...it can be done! You just need to exercise a little bit of compromise now and again.