Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 19:03   #31
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Fascism lives !

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I wait with baited breath
You are getting paranoid. Why do you think it will be about you?
It was in a thread of yours yes but was about one of my posts. He might just have been giving me karma because he wants me
Old 07-10-2007, 20:56   #32
God Member

Re: Just cost me 26 karma points

Why would he blame you? Do you send negative karma as a habit? You all know the pros and cons of karma but IMHO the more power you have the better. I think anybody with POWER will be able to point in the right direction to us lesser mortals.
Old 07-10-2007, 21:00   #33
Resident Waffler

Well I've got 70 now but I still don't know how people know when their karma changes short of keep checking on it with every post. If there's something somebody else knows that I'm missing I'd love them to tell me.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 21:09   #34

Does any of this karma loss matter really? Does it upset anyone? Does it keep anyone awake at night? If so take abit of time out.
Old 07-10-2007, 21:12   #35
God Member

I think its more about knowing how many points you have, not rep power, so you know exactly how much has been taken even if it doesn't change your rep power, does that make sense?
Old 07-10-2007, 21:16   #36
God Member

I have absolutely no idea how many karma points I give (or take away for that matter).

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 21:21   #37
God Member

I was being sarcastic - hence the
I didn't for one minute think that my baby boy would say anything nasty abouy me

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 21:29   #38
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I have absolutely no idea how many karma points I give (or take away for that matter).

The amount you give equals your rep power at the time you give it. The amount you take is half your rep power.

Old 07-10-2007, 22:02   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
The amount you give equals your rep power at the time you give it. The amount you take is half your rep power.
So you don't know how it works? It makes little odds to me but please don't pretend you all don't know what happens. IMHO it is a form of bullying!!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:35   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

poor old Ianto, wrong again, claiming to know what he doesn't and therefore jumping to a false conclusion.

I happen to have 52 rep points divide it in half and wow! you get 26!

Sorry to disappoint but as much as you would like it to be me it wasn't, tell you what just to prove it I'll give you some + karma (which I couldn't do if I had so recently given you -) then perhaps you will calm down a little and look for the real culprit.

HAPPY HUNTING!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:02   #41
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
So you don't know how it works? It makes little odds to me but please don't pretend you all don't know what happens. IMHO it is a form of bullying!!

I didn't say I don't know 'how it works'. I have known how to give and take karma for years and I have known for ages how much karma is given or taken in relation to how many rep points the giver or taker has. The only way I have learned these things is by asking and/or being told by others. If I don't know things, I ask. If I do know the answers to questions asked by others, I answer. How does that make me a bully?

The thing I don't know, and therefore asked about, is the thing I still don't know and that is - if there is any way of knowing how much karma was given or taken for a post where someone has given or taken karma from you. As far as I am aware the only info available is the running total of karma and in your profile whether or not the last adjustment was a giver or a taker.

At one time we did have the added bit where it told you how much karma was given or taken for a particular post and we had a pop up telling us when our karma had changed. I was wondering if there is something currently which tells us that but which I am not aware of.

As far as I am aware we do not currently have anything to tell us when our karma changes. The only thing we have on view in the posts is what our rep power is and I do tend to notice if that changes, but it doesn't always change every time karma is added or deducted and as far as I am aware there is no way of immediately knowing when karma is adjusted apart from constantly checking the total. All I wanted to know is if there is something I am missing and something somebody else knows then would they please tell me.

However,having read Less's post I'm beginning to think that Ianto didn't actually have the information which he claimed to have and just made an incorrect assumption about the number of karma points he lost which would explain why he wasn't ready to explain to me how it was done. Perhaps it can't be done other than making a constant note of one's running total.

I fail to see how asking about it makes me a bully and I apologise if I have given that impression because that was never my intention. I feel very hurt by the accusation. Having asked the question in the open forum shows that it is something I want to share with everyone else as I think the more we all know about how things work then the better it is for all of us. In my opinion the people who find out little quirks in the forum but then keep them secret are the ones playing a bullying game. I don't like bullies either.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 08-10-2007 at 09:06.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:58   #42
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Well I've got 70 now but I still don't know how people know when their karma changes short of keep checking on it with every post. If there's something somebody else knows that I'm missing I'd love them to tell me.
71 now willow
Old 08-10-2007, 10:01   #43
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

just looked at mine...just noticed i only need 55 karma points and im up to 1000
unless some spoil sport gives me bad karma
Old 08-10-2007, 10:28   #44
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
71 now willow

Oooh! I bet I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said!
Thank you.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:42   #45
God Member

Willow I did not accusing you of bullying. I said the system is a form of bullying.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..