Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 17:18   #1
Resting in peace

Just cost me 26 karma points

just cost me 26 karma points for having an opinion, thank's but you will not stop me annonomous person, you are the fascist on the site.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2007, 17:23   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Fascism lives !

How can you check your karma points these days? Does it tell you in the post?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 19:00   #3
God Member

Wasnt me!!! -how can you lose 26 in one go?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 20:57   #4
Resident Waffler

Well if it was me it would have been thirty odd!

Old 05-10-2007, 01:35   #5
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Well if it was me it would have been thirty odd!
I am well aware who the annony-mouse Karma docker was, i'ts time they did something constructive instead of attemting to destroy the site by ' playing the 'Bully'.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:57   #6
Resident Waffler

Now you've got me wondering. How do you know who it was? Must be somebody with rep power of 52.

Old 06-10-2007, 16:41   #7
Resting in peace

[quote eillow the whispWell -----------------------------if it was me it would have been thirty odd! ---------------------------------------------------[/quote
Quote:
willow the whispHow can you check your karma points these days? Does it tell you in the post?
_________________!
_
Quote:
willow the whisp,________________-----------------------------if it was me it would have been thirty

Now you've got me wondering. How do you know who it was? Must be somebody with rep power of 52.
why post the obvious?
Old 06-10-2007, 17:31   #8
Resident Waffler

I'm sorry, I can't quite fathom out what you are trying to say there but I get the feeling that you may not have understood me so I'll try to put it a little better. I'm not aware of any way of knowing how much one's karma goes up or down. Not like we used to have when a little message flashed up to tell us we had lost or gained a specific number of karma points.

I know the relevant post does tell you how much karma you currently have and give you the info regarding what the karma granter or deducter said when they gave or took karma. BUT I'm not aware of anywhere where it tells you exactly how much has been given or taken. Is there somewhere or do you keep a note of your running total? I have no idea what my total is. I only notice something has changed when my rep power is affected and then I look in my CP to see what the karma statements are but that doesn't tell me how much was given or taken.

As to the comment about 52 - it could also be 53 I think, and I don't know on a day to day basis what people's re power is either so I have no idea who had 52 or 53 when your karma was deducted, or if indeed there was just one person or more than one person.

Hence my questions about how you were so sure you knew who it was. Hope that clarifies it a bit now.

Old 06-10-2007, 21:17   #9
Give, give, give member

I'm with Willow on this one. Before the site was hacked into by the Belgians, you could see how much karma you had been given or lost by someone, and you could play sleuth to see who you thought it might have been. Now we don't have reputation points, I don't see how it is possible to know, unless I'm really missing something.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 22:02   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm with Willow on this one. Before the site was hacked into by the Belgians, you could see how much karma you had been given or lost by someone, and you could play sleuth to see who you thought it might have been. Now we don't have reputation points, I don't see how it is possible to know, unless I'm really missing something.
Is not the entry above your list of karma comments in 'my profile'.. directly above last comment, right hand size, not it Garinda ? Mine is showing 1504 points .. sure this is it ? (by the way, thanks you were my last )
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 22:10   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Is not the entry above your list of karma comments in 'my profile'.. directly above last comment,
Yes, I thought that was the case too, Katex.
Old 06-10-2007, 22:45   #12
Resident Waffler

Yes that gives the running total but nothing pops up to let you know that total has changed or by how much like it used to. There are times when I receive karma but don't even realise it until several days later or if my rep power has changed and then I look in my profile and see a karma comment but it doesn't tell me how much my karma was changed by that comment so I wouldn't know unless I kept a seperate record myself of the running total and could see how much it had changed by.

Unless someone knows another method of which I am unaware.

Old 06-10-2007, 22:46   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Is not the entry above your list of karma comments in 'my profile'.. directly above last comment, right hand size, not it Garinda ? Mine is showing 1504 points .. sure this is it ? (by the way, thanks you were my last )
No, above what now reads rep power used to be reputation points.

For example if you had 100 reputation points and it went up to a 120, you knew that someone with rep power of twenty had awarded you karma.

On the other hand, if you went down to 80 you knew someone with rep power of 40 had deducted karma, as karma is deducted by half their power.

As clear as mud.

I'm getting myself confused now, and feel a little headache coming on.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 22:53   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No, above what now reads rep power used to be reputation points.

For example if you had 100 reputation points and it went up to a 120, you knew that someone with rep power of twenty had awarded you karma.

On the other hand, if you went down to 80 you knew someone with rep power of 40 had deducted karma, as karma is deducted by half their power.

As clear as mud.

I'm getting myself confused now, and feel a little headache coming on.
Well, to me same difference, will now have to await further - or + karma to see.

Have loads of paracetemol darling, but just for now breath deeply and breath out where the pain is imagining blue smoke exiting from yer brain cells are taking the pain away.. bit of yoga I once learnt, does work though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 22:57   #15
God Member

Quote:
Well, to me same difference, will now have to await further - or + karma to see.

Have loads of paracetemol darling, but just for now breath deeply and breath out where the pain is imagining blue smoke exiting from yer brain cells are taking the pain away.. bit of yoga I once learnt, does work though.
I have tried to give you some today (ref Perfume thread) but I have given you some recently so it wont let me.

I dont remember when that was - do I have to give it out to someone else first? ie can it not be given to the same person consecutively?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..