Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 23:04   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Fascism lives !

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, to me same difference, will now have to await further - or + karma to see.
No, it's different. Your karma does affect your rep power but other things affect your rep power too. If you look at your karma points in your profile you'll see that you've got tons more karma points than rep power. As Rindy said if someone has rep power of 40 they will increase your karma by 40 or decrease it by 20 but that may not actually alter your rep power at the time. So unless you keep regular tabs on your karma, as far as I am aware, there's no way of knowing these days when it is altered. It's quite easy to miss.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2007, 10:55   #17
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I'm sorry, I can't quite fathom out what you are trying to say there but I get the feeling that you may not have understood me so I'll try to put it a little better. I'm not aware of any way of knowing how much one's karma goes up or down. Not like we used to have when a little message flashed up to tell us we had lost or gained a specific number of karma points.

I know the relevant post does tell you how much karma you currently have and give you the info regarding what the karma granter or deducter said when they gave or took karma. BUT I'm not aware of anywhere where it tells you exactly how much has been given or taken. Is there somewhere or do you keep a note of your running total? I have no idea what my total is. I only notice something has changed when my rep power is affected and then I look in my CP to see what the karma statements are but that doesn't tell me how much was given or taken.

As to the comment about 52 - it could also be 53 I think, and I don't know on a day to day basis what people's re power is either so I have no idea who had 52 or 53 when your karma was deducted, or if indeed there was just one person or more than one person.

Hence my questions about how you were so sure you knew who it was. Hope that clarifies it a bit now.
What wouldyou do if you were not on the pc, sit at home counting, baked beans. Do not try to tell me accywebs most prolific poster in fact East Lancashires most prolific poster does not know how to work out who gave me 26 bad karma points 26+26 = 52 power, so given the fact that they can only give you half it' s rather obvious who it was. I hope that clarifies my point as I only post when I have something constructive to offer the forum
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:57   #18
God Member

I think Willow wants to know how you know that it was 26 points? Do you keep a record of all karma that you are given or is it noted somewhere on screen?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:40   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I think Willow wants to know how you know that it was 26 points? Do you keep a record of all karma that you are given or is it noted somewhere on screen?

But that's what I thought the points were as I described in the entry I suggested in 'My Profile' now showing 1504 points .. if you now gave me some Karma .. .. you have power of 46 .. would this not then amend to 1550 ? and you can roughly work out who the karma-giver was due to the increase ?

Ok .. it's not now showing on the front page, but think still available in 'My Profile' ??
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:49   #20
Give, give, give member

..but sometimes someone can give or take karma and it might not alter your reputation power, so you don't know how much power that person has.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:10   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
..but sometimes someone can give or take karma and it might not alter your reputation power, so you don't know how much power that person has.
I know Garinda, but don't you have to earn ..say .. 100 points to gain 1 reputation point .. info' is available on here somewhere .. no time just now.
Who started all this anyway !

P.S. Hope yer headache gone
Old 07-10-2007, 12:25   #22
God Member

What a sorry lot you are if all you are concerned about is your karma.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 13:01   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
What a sorry lot you are if all you are concerned about is your karma.
We're not, we're just wondering how Ianto knew how much power the member had, who deducted his karma.

Have some karma grumpy chops.

Old 07-10-2007, 13:54   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Now you've got me wondering. How do you know who it was? Must be somebody with rep power of 52.
I am glad I have 54 or else he would be blaming me

I take that little notice since it stopped popping up and telling you I would not know who gave or took what. For you to know how much was taken you must keep an eye on it and remember what you had before.

While we are on about karma look at my last bad karma but with a good comment. I meant to ask cashy at the meet if he had meant to give me good karma or a bad comment

I had to blurr out that last one as it was too rude to post on a family site
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Karma1.JPG (14.8 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Neil; 07-10-2007 at 13:56.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 14:16   #25
God Member

I would like to point out that the karma which was given in connection with my thread about perfumes did not come from me. (suspect it was comment ABOUT me)
Neil - In that thread I answered your doubts the following day.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 15:08   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I would like to point out that the karma which was given in connection with my thread about perfumes did not come from me. (suspect it was comment ABOUT me)
Neil - In that thread I answered your doubts the following day.
Don't worry, I know who it is from as it was signed, it was not about you and I know you answered my comments.
Old 07-10-2007, 15:21   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am glad I have 54 or else he would be blaming me

I take that little notice since it stopped popping up and telling you I would not know who gave or took what. For you to know how much was taken you must keep an eye on it and remember what you had before.

While we are on about karma look at my last bad karma but with a good comment. I meant to ask cashy at the meet if he had meant to give me good karma or a bad comment

I had to blurr out that last one as it was too rude to post on a family site
Why have you masked out the comment in the example, on the good karma I gave you?

Old 07-10-2007, 16:12   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Have some karma grumpy chops.
Hope it was good karma Garinda, Tealeaf would hate that
Old 07-10-2007, 18:52   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Why have you masked out the comment in the example, on the good karma I gave you?
I will post it if you like
Old 07-10-2007, 18:59   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I will post it if you like
I wait with baited breath

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..