Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree106Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 13:12   #211
Senior Member+

Re: Wandering off thread

Houston we have a problem.
Our DtheP47 is suffering a serious malfunction. Suggest we shut it down and jettison it.
jaysay likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2013, 15:50   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
I have been contacted by a few peeps on here pointing out that a Predator MQ1 can’t hover, well spotted all those pedants, this was in fact the NROL-36 spy satellite maneuverered into a geo-synchronous orbit over Hyndburn, meanwhile the Predator was in fact doing a lazy loop several times an hour taking in Whinny Hill tip in the North and down as far South as White Syke Farm. The folks on the tip who rang into the Town Hall thinking they had seen a UFO were fed the party line “ It’s taking air quality samples over the tip”
Either you are dazed and confused or I am!
Old 16-02-2013, 16:47   #213
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Either you are dazed and confused or I am!
You are neither dazed nor' confused, D the 47th pillock has imitated a dying star imploded upon himself and can see no further than his arse, mainly because his head is stuck up there, judging by the size of that head, surgeons will need to use more than keyhole surgery to remove it.

I personally am against the operation, he has finally met his true love.
jaysay likes this.
Old 16-02-2013, 17:01   #214
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I have been contacted by a few peeps on here

Bullshine! I doubt that anyone would willingly contact you unless it was in a post, they would want witnesses to any reply they may get.

Be honest D the pathetic, you're lonely and in desperate need of friends, just don't now how to make any.
Old 16-02-2013, 21:20   #215
Senior Member+

Since this a wandering thread I will make it wander a little.

I flashed paranoid android 3.0 on my new phone the nexus4.......
Old 17-02-2013, 02:53   #216
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I flashed paranoid android 3.0 on my new phone the nexus4.......
Ok track but a wierd video Mr R
Old 17-02-2013, 09:27   #217
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ok track but a wierd video Mr R
Marvin?

Oh I love Marvin the paranoid android. Had me giggling away at work whilst I was listening to the BBC produced versions of the HHGTTG
Old 17-02-2013, 17:02   #218
I am Banned

Yes great quotable quotes from HHGTTG...
We have a saying up here. "Life is wasted on the living."
- Zaphod Beeblebrox the Fourth (deceased)

Could have been Bill Hicks

Old 21-02-2013, 01:28   #219
I am Banned

A few peeps have contacted me on here asking what was in the second Tesco bag the creepy Mr Vholes handed me up on the windswept banks of the Tinker Brook that day. Well as Bob Dylan sings* “By a simple twist of fate” and of course Wandering Walters generosity with his bequest enabling me to buy the U S Airways Envoy Class ticket I find myself in the Cock & Bull pub on the windswept banks of the Ohio in the good old US of A, with Walters well thumbed copy of Ainsworth’s Old Homesteads of Accrington & District and his print out from the Ellis Island Register.

Since I got here I have been somewhat distracted I have to confess by the Cincinnati Beer Fest so the whys and whatfor’s of the contents of that blue and white supermarket bag will have to wait until I get back to perfidious Albion’s shores. I can however share with you the plethora of beers on offer at the Fest because I know a goodly few members scattered across the globe, on the AccyWeb like the odd beer. I am always amazed at the lexicon of names brewers create for their beers both here and at home. Something for every occasion and for everybody I am sure you will agree.

*Cue the AccyWeb jukebox #4932 and 4935
Old 21-02-2013, 01:32   #220
I am Banned

oops......The Beer List attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013+Cincy+winter+Beerfest+Beer+List+2-5-13 a.pdf (96.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 21-02-2013, 03:39   #221
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Bullshine! I doubt that anyone would willingly contact you unless it was in a post, they would want witnesses to any reply they may get.

Be honest D the pathetic, you're lonely and in desperate need of friends, just don't now how to make any.
Less, He didnt have any friends in the early sixties when I first met him. Dont think he has changed much.
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 21-02-2013, 14:30   #222
Senior Member+

I'm yawning and I haven't even read Post 219. Just seeing the posters name is enough to start me off.
Old 21-02-2013, 17:29   #223
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I'm yawning and I haven't even read Post 219. Just seeing the posters name is enough to start me off.
You must be allergic to DtheP47 Gordon
Old 21-02-2013, 17:37   #224
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You must be allergic to DtheP47 Gordon
We all are, John.
Old 28-02-2013, 19:52   #225
I am Banned

I saw a job ad on the London Underground today advertising for “ A Grand Wizard of the Inner Circle Line”
I thought, “That’s lovely, Boris is taking street theatre subterranean and paying homage to the books of J K Rowling. They will probably finish off at Kings Cross to see the Platform 9 and three quarters with that half a Asda trolley embedded in the wall”

Then I read the job description in the small print it was actually for an old fashioned wheel-tapper and shunter.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..