Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2007, 12:02   #226
Senior Member+

Re: what annoys you?

it would perhaps do blazey some good if the shoe was on the other foot
since putting on weight because of heart medication my wife (sue)
believe herself to be fat and has lost quite a bit of confidence
no amount of love and affection from myself helps
so imagine blazey how it feels to be hated by some one youve
never spoken to let alone met
give it a rest girl

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2007, 17:38   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Got to hate fat people too. Why don't they just stop eating so much crap and exercise instead of taking up so much space?

Global warming is caused by fat people
So far I have avoided replying to this post, however I think I should give Blazey the benefit of my wisdom which only comes through age and life experience.

Up to having my son I was 8st 8lb and a size 8, even after having my son I was one of the lucky ones who shed my baby weight easily. I have always eaten healthily and exercised at least 3 times a week, that is until I had an accident 4 years ago in which I suffered a permanent trapped nerve in my neck and 4 prolapsed discs in my lumbar spine. Although I still eat healthily, my disabilities hinder me from doing my step aerobics, playing sports and lifting weights. Because I am not as active as I once was - I am now classed as overweight. I could use my accident as an excuse to do nothing, eat more and accept that I have limitations, however I refuse to do that, I constantly push myself to try even through severe pain and discomfort. So do you really hate me for being fat or do I even deserve your hatred?

At the age of 18, I was very much like Blazey, said exactly what I thought without even realising the impact it has on others, and the hurt & anger it causes. I also detested fat people and believed that it was all their own fault for eating rubbish and not exercising! I only realized how hurtful this comment was when I heard someone say a similar thing in a room full of my relatives of which probably half were overweight, it is surprising how your own attitude changes when you are defending people that you love and you notice how visibly hurt & upset they were by the comment made.

Blazey as you go through life you will realise that not everyone can be taken at face value, older relatives, friends & colleagues give you the benefit of their advice but you think you know better even though you are very inexperienced in life in general. I was always told I had an answer or an excuse for everything - as you get older the realisation dawns on you that the people who challenged you were in the most part correct and that the majority of the advice they gave you was really for your own good.

I lost a few jobs in my youth for being lippy & not knowing when to keep the quips to myself, I also shot myself in the foot so many times at interviews and lost friends because of my so-called honesty and I'll say what I think attitude. Like you, I also threw arguments back like 'you did this or you said that or you're a hypocrite' to try and justify my own poor behaviour or thoughtlessness, I always said that I didn't care what others thought of me, they didn't matter - I was a complete & utter spoilt selfish brat and am now thoroughly ashamed of my behaviour and some of the ignorant comments I made.

Before I make any comments or jump to conclusions I always try to stop & think about what I'm trying to say, although sometimes I admit that I still can't help myself. However, I now have the humility to acknowledge when I am wrong and apologise for any offence caused. If you had really thought or listened to what people have said to you in this thread I would expect that you would have the maturity to at least apologise to those you offended and post a coherant explanation of your original statement - For example - I'm sorry my original post came across wrong what I meant to say is I hate people who over-eat, don't exercise and do nothing about it, then go on TV expecting sympathy or drain NHS resources. To me this is a valid statement and a legitimate argument and I don't think anyone could take offense to that.

You do have the right to express your opinion - I just think you could show some thought for others and choose your words more carefully. Always remember that you alone are responsible for your words and actions and that both have consequences not only for others but for yourself too.
Old 29-12-2007, 17:40   #228

Life story... yawn...
Old 29-12-2007, 18:04   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Life story... yawn...
prat

nuff said
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 18:06   #230
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
prat

nuff said

have you only just realised that? lol
Old 29-12-2007, 18:08   #231

lmao flashy- sorry am slow on the uptake,
Old 29-12-2007, 18:21   #232

Onlyme you should realise my job here is to wind people up sometimes thats all.
Old 29-12-2007, 18:34   #233
God Member

If people on here are deeply affected by any views that I express then they have touched my heart, I didn't realised my opinion mattered so much to them. I will keep this is mind next time I say I hate someone who I haven't met.

I shall say I love everyone instead Much nicer. I love you all on accyweb, even the fat members. You bring happiness and sunshine into my life.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 18:40   #234

Quote:
I do, and you do souch a good job as well

To be honest Blazey, I hold my hand up. You may actually be right in that it is possible to dislike someone that you have never met.

You have taught me that, so thank you

Last edited by onlyme; 29-12-2007 at 18:46.
Old 29-12-2007, 18:54   #235
God Member

Quote:
I do, and you do souch a good job as well

To be honest Blazey, I hold my hand up. You may actually be right in that it is possible to dislike someone that you have never met.

You have taught me that, so thank you
Well you dont have to meet someone to hate them, even if it is hate in the loosest sense of the word. People say they hate different governments, hate phone salesmen, hate loads of people whom they dont actually know.

We COULD get a nice phone call off a phone salesman, but we generally hate them without thinking of that because we relate them to negative aspects rather than positive, and I do the same with fat people. Its hardly something new in your lives
Old 29-12-2007, 19:11   #236

You are actually boring me now- and i didnt say hate, if you want to quote me, do so accurately
Old 29-12-2007, 19:17   #237
God Member

There are lots of words between love and hate - the 2 extremes.
She just hasn't learnt or experienced many of the inbetween ones yet

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 19:47   #238

Quote:
You are actually boring me now

boring me too
Old 29-12-2007, 20:10   #239
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
You are the one we are allowed to hate without upsetting others by saying we hate someone
Old 29-12-2007, 20:15   #240
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
There are lots of words between love and hate - the 2 extremes.
She just hasn't learnt or experienced many of the inbetween ones yet
Theres a thread about you going to the dentist and Roy saying he hates dentists, he doesnt say what reasons, he just does. Is it unfair to hate dentists aswell? Or is that taken in the sense its meant rather than literally because it's Roy?

« Tattoo`s | Bernie »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..