Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2007, 15:10   #286
God Member

Re: what annoys you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
what annoys me? huh...the crap that they put on telly over christmas that is repeated 2/3 times on itv2,3 and 4
or the crap thats on the bbc that we pay our license to watch, that really irritates me GRRRRRRR
Hetty Wainthropp! How many times has that been repeated over this Christmas period?

Too many.
Accrington Web
Old 31-12-2007, 15:16   #287
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I haven't watched much TV......it has been such rubbish....anyway hubby has been watching the Darts...now isn't that exciting? Like watching wood warp.
LOL - and I thought your life was more readable than mine would be.

I have been watching gulls raindancing

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 15:25   #288
Beacon of light

I think gulls and raindancing is preferable to darts....and sorry to disillusion you.....my life is quite boring too......well sometimes it is!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 15:53   #289
Resident Waffler

Shop assistants being 'helpful'. That annoys me.

When I say I am looking that is exactly what I am doing - looking. When I see something I fancy I may then wish to purchase it but no, I am not looking for anything in particular and no, I do not have anything in mind, I just wish to browse what you've got and see if anything takes my fancy. I do not want you shoving stuff under my nose and asking me if I've seen those.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 16:23   #290
Resting in Peace

I find most High Street store assistants just come up to you and say: "All right there?". Counted this six times in different shops when last in Trafford Centre. Not too intrusive though, just reply: "Yes, thanks, browsing". Seems to keep 'em happy.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 16:39   #291
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

When I say I am looking that is exactly what I am doing - looking. When I see something I fancy I may then wish to purchase it but no, I am not looking for anything in particular and no, I do not have anything in mind, I just wish to browse what you've got and see if anything takes my fancy. I do not want you shoving stuff under my nose and asking me if I've seen those.
The assistants in stores are trained to approach a customer within a time limit, jjb staff were made to approach a customer within ten seconds, failure cost them thier jobs, I found this out when I complained to a manager about it, he explained that it is company policy from head office in London, the staff in a lot of retail outlets are watched by cctv to ensure that they comply.
Old 31-12-2007, 17:04   #292
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i remember when they used to do that in currys when it used to be in the arndale.
everytime i went in i used to time them to see how long it would take for some nosy sod to poke his/her nose in!....
Old 31-12-2007, 17:53   #293
God Member

Quote:

Have you been in Bargains4U yet in ossy? Bless his heart but the lad there actually picks up stuff and asks if we want it when we go in! Bit pushy but he seems to genuinely want us to have a bargain. Makes me smile! Unlike when you know the shop keeper just wants your money, thats annoying.

I used to work in aquamania and they had the same policy, and funnily enough when I go in now I dont get treated to the same customer service that I had to give. My boyfriend and I went in to buy something and we were stood for 15 minutes waiting to be served. Better to be nagged sometimes than to not get any service at all!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 18:40   #294
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey
we were stood for 15 minutes waiting to be served
Perhaps the staff thought you or your boyfriend were a little overweight.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 18:41   #295

leave ittttttttt
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 18:42   #296
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
leave ittttttttt

yeah but it made me smile

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 18:43   #297
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

had that one coming...i suppose!!....lol
Old 01-01-2008, 10:24   #298
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

yep thats one that really bugs, at times i have picked an article off the rack n said= thank you very much, put that under yer blouse,i'm a shoplifter.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:49   #299
Resident Waffler

I understand the idea that a customer should not be ignored when they actually want to be served - that's another one that bugs me. You stand there waiting at the counter while Tracey and Sharon discuss where they went last night and the 'fit lad' they fancy or whether or not they pulled.

However, being pounced on when you've barely entered the shop is not helpful, it's off-putting and it's about time companies stopped having these silly rules.

Another one is the 'helpful' waitress in a restaurant who asks if everything is to your liking when you've just taken your first mouthful and even if you'd had chance to taste it you can't tell her what you think or you'd splatter everyone else with food! AND once is enough. There was one occasion when Busman and I were out for a meal and we lost track of the number of times different members of staff asked us if everything was alright. I'm sure if they'd asked one more time Busman would have exploded.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:55   #300
Resting in Peace

I get annoyed when people tell me I don't look too well, when I am actually feeling on top of the world .. spend half my time then looking in the mirror to see what they are on about. Eventually, convince myself that I am not very well, and feel as bad as what they say I look ....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

« Tattoo`s | Bernie »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..