Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2006, 12:51   #16
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: What’s a nice thread?

I am perfectly calm Less.

In any case who the heck are you to tell me to calm down? Are you my keeper? If I want to get irate I will do so if and when I choose and I don’t welcome patronising comments.

I’m not even going to waste my time arguing with you as to who stated what other than the following.

Look at your post #10. At the end is a smiley holding a banner and moving it up and down. The banner quite clearly reads “THIS TOPIC SUCKS!

Now let me see - the word “topic” means the subject being discussed not just your post.

As one eminent Scottish judge stated during a summing up of the case about a notice on the Forth Toll Bridge, “A notice should state what it means and mean what it states.”

Not having the ability to read people’s minds I read “THIS TOPIC SUCKS!” to mean just that. There can be no other interpretation in spite of your puerile attempt to laugh it off.

Much obliged WillowTheWisp and I am aware that many members know each other in real life and I actually know and have met two members. Indeed some are related.

Have some Karma AccyJay to compensate for your fluctuating levels.
Old 22-09-2006, 12:56   #17
Resident Waffler

Re: What’s a nice thread?

Aaaaaaw that's sad
Attached Images
File Type: gif calm_down.gif (2.0 KB, 58 views)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 13:02   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty

I’m not even going to waste my time arguing with you
But you just have!

Jam me old buttie!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 20:53   #19
Apprentice Geriatric

It seems that we have three playground bullies on this forum. As usual they didn’t leave their name when awarding me some negative Karma.

here is some negative karma, just for the heck of it!
Much obliged coward. Come back with your user name if you have the guts.

You really are an arsehole JB. Yes I said JB, is it really that important if someone shortens your name. Grow up and get a life you sad little person.
If the best that you can do is call me names and not have the moral fibre to put your name to it, then the only sad person around here is yourself. At pushing 70 I hardly need to grow up. Now have you any more toys that you want to throw out of your pram?
You also come back with your user name if you have the guts or are you a spineless dork?

relax jb, we are all friendly here and all call each other by shortened names! as if your name is actually jambutty!!!!
I agree most of the forum members are friendly but real friends use their friend’s proper name. I’ll let you into a tiny secret. During the 13 years that I served in the Royal Navy I was jambutty to my shipmates mainly because I would prefer a jam buttie to the tasteless slop they called meals. It’s a good job no one latched onto my liking for Wagon Wheels. The nickname stuck in civvy street and I used it as my handle in the days of CB and have now used jambutty on the Internet for the last 10 years or so. So I guess my user name is jambutty although my real name is James Buckley. Imagine trying to log in somewhere with JB or jambuttie, or jam or whatever. I wouldn’t get very far.

I’ll let you into another secret. Not calling someone by their name is a form of bullying and a puerile way of trying to establish a pseudo superiority over the other person.
Old 23-09-2006, 22:57   #20
Resting in peace

:engsmil: No prizes for guesing who perule is jambutty I know full well this answer will attract your infantile karma, the whole site is stifled, members dare not raise one for fear of having 'nasty things' said about them.
I thought "cake" was the favourite food in the navy, but then again im usually wrong.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 23:14   #21
Resident Waffler

Quote:
I’ll let you into another secret. Not calling someone by their name is a form of bullying and a puerile way of trying to establish a pseudo superiority over the other person.
No it isn't. I have never come across anyone yet who took offence at this until you did. I have called Acrylic-Bob AB for yonks and he's never kicked up a fuss. Tinkerbelle gets shortened to Tinks and Garinda to Rindy. Where's the offence taken by them? None at all. Most people just call me Willow. Some may call me WTW. I use the same name on other forums and more often than not on one I'm referred to as WTW. Do I get the 'ump? Do I heck as like. It's not an insult, it's normal internet behaviour. Good gried in the AOL chatrooms everybody gets shortened. You want to try being called Wombatinawhirl and get shortened to "Womb" !!

And before you jump to wild conclusions, no it wasn't me who left you that karma comment.

I have real friends in real life and we don't use each other's given name we have nicknames. It's a sign of friendship and affection. I shorten my daughter's names or even call them things like "Pumpkin" or "Chuckybut".

If someone had called you an offensive name I could have understood your attitude but this is just being silly about nothing. Age has absolutely nothing to do with maturity.

Old 23-09-2006, 23:15   #22
Resting in peace

I have not worded my last reply very well jambutty reading through it, it as usual makes little sense, by your I mean the ever ready finger gang, im still smarting from having points removed by a d/h that never raises threads, that perule merchant follows members about trying to destroy their confidence, thank the lord there are some decent people on line.
Old 24-09-2006, 13:21   #23
Apprentice Geriatric

Actually Ianto.W. I don’t give two hoots about Karma, Power or Ackers. In my view, which if no one minds I am entitled to, they only serve to turn a forum into a competition. I do give two hoots about anonymous derogatory remarks.

The favourite food of sailors in my day was a mixed grill. A rare event on board ship but the local NAAFI ashore served a great mixed grill.

It would appear that at least one person thinks somewhere along my lines. Pity that no name was given.
just ignore the negative karma, it gives some people some kind of wierd kick to dish out negative

This forum has a number of cliques and factions that try to rule the roost. But then I suspect that you have noticed that too.

Yes it is WillowTheWisp.
Now it’s your turn to come back with “No it isn’t.”

Just because you have never come across anyone who took offence at being misnamed, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t happen. Oh! Sorry! I forgot! Your word goes and that is that. BUNKUM!

I don’t care what other people call each other, it has nothing to do with me. I do care about being called by my proper user name and I have asked nicely in the past that people do so. Some do and some go out of their way not too.

I don’t care who left me the negative Karma, or positive Karma for that matter, it’s all a silly childish game anyway. See first sentence. But as it is in place I may as well use it when and as I see fit because I accept that other members like the idea of being awarded good Karma and some self opinionated members preen themselves when they get some.

I don’t jump to wild or even tame conclusions. My conclusions are based on current known facts.

If you want to call your real friends by a nickname and they don’t object, it’s got nothing to do with me. But I am not a real friend of anyone bar two on this forum. Thus all members, bar two, are nothing more than names on a screen. I know little about them other than what I have read. Which isn’t much because most profiles tell me nothing.

Just because you call other members by a shortened name or your kids by what people call pet names doesn’t mean that everyone should do so. Or maybe it does because some people are so self opinionated that other opinions are dismissed.
Old 24-09-2006, 13:54   #24
Resident Waffler

No Jambutty, I'm not going to descend into silly babyish arguments which even my kids would think childish.

There are many times I disagree with the point of view of people on this message board but we are nearly all adult enough to respect that we can have a different opinion on some things and then agree with each other on other topics. Do you recall receiving a lump of positive karma from me not long ago?

However, as you are so touchy about so many things Jambutty this will be the last time I shall ever direct a comment specifically towards you. Please feel free to accuse me of ignoring you if you so wish. There are plenty of other members' post worth reading and replying to.

Old 24-09-2006, 17:16   #25
God Member

Quote:
This forum has a number of cliques and factions that try to rule the roost. But then I suspect that you have noticed that too.

Really? When people harp on about cliques and mafias I often wonder if I'm reading the same forum as some members!

Quote:
some self opinionated members preen themselves when they get some.

Who are these people then I can watch out for their public karma preening? It would make a lovely change from reading the negativity from people that permenantly whinge when they lose it!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 24-09-2006 at 17:18.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 18:21   #26
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Really? When people harp on about cliques and mafias I often wonder if I'm reading the same forum as some members!

Who are these people then I can watch out for their public karma preening? It would make a lovely change from reading the negativity from people that permenantly whinge when they lose it!
You are the epitomy of what jambutty said. If you decide to dish negative karma out to myself, for not agreeing with you so be it . thou shall not hurt me with impunity. Cicero.
Old 24-09-2006, 18:38   #27

Quote:

By the way my user name is jambutty, not JB, jam, Jambuttie or anything else so please do me the courtesy of addressing me as jambutty.

From now on, if anyone addresses me as anything other than jambutty I will be sorely tempted to adjust their Karma downwards a bit.
Dearest jambutty - You are always worth reading!
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 19:25   #28
Resting in peace

:engsmil: Long may the likes of jambutty be with us, this site needs all opinions, unstifled on the alter of free speech, not just the the opinions of the entrenched clique.
Old 24-09-2006, 19:36   #29
God Member

The Accyweb mafia or clique is only in the minds of people who do not consider themselves to be a part of it. As it happens there is no such thing and it is those people themselves who are trying to perpetuate the myth.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 19:48   #30
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
The Accyweb mafia or clique is only in the minds of people who do not consider themselves to be a part of it. As it happens there is no such thing and it is those people themselves who are trying to perpetuate the myth.
Well well Gayle, who keeps dishing this unknown negative karma out. I do not mind anyone's point of veiw as long as they stand by what they say. I hope when you eventually join the ranks of the politicians, your principals will not be discarded.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..